16.

The Forgotten Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16.

“What?” Jungkook gasps as Kyra takes a long sip of her coffee.

She shrugs. “I don't care if you believe me or not.”

“We believe you.”

“Suga came over to the roof and I had to fire a bullet.” Angel says, sounding amused. “Are you having fun being me?”

“I might have to bargain Suga as well.” She sighs, nodding slightly to Angel.

“I better get back to my prisoners.” Angel replies. “By the way, these guns are awesome. I feel so powerful!”

“Why?” Jungkook asks.

Kyra shrugs. “He went to see how V is. You think I'd just let him go?”

“We'll let you go.” Jimin says suddenly.

As Kyra responds, Jungkook begins texting under the table. “K, Chen's safe. Jungkook's texting V. It's a shame I control their phones now.” Angel says quickly.

“Will you?” She questions him before looking at Jungkook in mock anger. “You could just text V at eye level.”

Jungkook freezes. “I'm not-”

He trails off as Kyra shakes her head slowly. “You know, things like this could get them killed.”

“I said we'll let you go.” Jimin says, capturing Kyra's attention again.

Kyra stands, stretching sigh really, and picks up her coffee. She tilts her head mockingly in respect. “Then I take my leave.”

Then, she turns to walk out. Jimin, after glancing at Jungkook, grabs a knife from his pocket and lunges forward, trying to stab her. However, she merely sidesteps, giving him a glance of disgust, and walks out the door.

 

--------

 

Chen walks into his room, closing the door and leaning on it in relief, sighing. He reaches over to the wall and clicks on a light switch, revealing Suho, who is leisurely sitting in his desk chair. They lock eyes for a moment before Suho speaks. “You're meeting Kyra?” Chen hesitates for a moment, allowing Suho to continue speaking. “The one people who we've been searching for-”

 

Chen interrupts him. “I know what you did.”

“What?” Suho asks, his eyes showing signs of worriedness.

“I know what you made her do.” He elaborated slightly, crossing his arms.

“I merely gave her a choice.” He covers up.

Chen pushes forward. “Between her best friends and her brother. Are you ing kidding me?”

“So it wasn't a boyfriend. She still betrayed us.” He shrugs.

“You, you're a monster!” Chen says coldly. “How are you supposed to chose between the people that you care about? It's like choosing which one to kill: your father or mother.”

Suho scoffs. “Like you're any better. Sneaking around, lying to us about having a girlfriend.-”

He cuts him off. “I have a girlfriend!”

“Really? One that looks exactly like your ex?” He counters. “If you even want me to start to forgive you, you better lead me back to the coffee shop.”

Chen shakes his head, closing and locking his door. “If you leave, you're going through me.”

“What?” Suho asks, his voice a mixture of amusement and confusion.

“Kyra just risked her life for me to come back here safely. I will not let you leave this room so that you can kill her, whatever the cost.” He says, sounding defeated.

“Then you better not come back after tomorrow.” He says, his eyes narrowing.

“Why? You think I'll leave silently.” Chen scoffs. “You make me leave EXO and I will tell them everything.”

They both say nothing before Suho dips his head. “I let you stay here for your silence and that alone.” He stands, turning to go.

Chen does not move from his spot, blocking the door. After another tense moment, he speaks, his voice full of steel. “You stop searching.”

“You think I'll ever stop searching?” He chuckles.

“You ruined her life.” He states. “If you want to buy my silence, then you better give her freedom. Stop searching.”

“Fine.” Suho spits into his face, shouldering around Chen and out of the room.

 

----------

 

“Well, gentlemen, it appears that I will be taking my leave.” The voice speaks to Suga and V, startling them. “Jeon Jungkook and Park Jimin have agreed to the terms of our deal.”

“You're leaving?” V says finally.

The voice chuckles. “I suppose.”

“Why are you supposing?” Suga asks.

“Well, Min Yoongi, you were correct. I was never really here.” The voice says before cutting off.

V and Suga stare at each other for a moment before V stands and runs towards the opposite side of the roof. He is met with the sight of one gun sitting alone on the ledge. “He's right. There's just a gun, probably computer-controlled weapon.”

Suga walks to stand next to V, sighing. “We've been tricked.” They are silent for a moment before, suddenly, the sound of a gun being fired is heard.

 

----------

 

“We forgot about Rap Monster!” Angel says, sounding worried. “Did you get shot?”

Kyra, who stopped at the sound of the bullet, releases a ragged breath. “Leg.”

“!” Angel curses. “Are you alright?”

“I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter