That Night

Love Lesson

 

Hayoung blinked. She can’t sleep. Her mind was busy thinking of what had just happen that morning.

She couldn’t believe her ears when Miss Kim asked her to help and tutor another senior. Out of respect, she agreed. When she went to Hoya’s classroom, the usual place that they met up for studying, she saw someone that she didn’t wan to meet anymore. Chunji.

She tossed and her bed when she recalled the situation…

It was tensed at first. Hayoung tried to keep her cool by walking in and sit in her usual place and pretend like Chunji was someone else.

“So~ you’re my new student? Never see you before.”

“Huh? Y-yeah. I just transferred this morning. Sorry for troubling you. I’m not good in studies and Hoya insisted me to join him. He said you’re a good tutor.” Chunji explained. He can’t look straight to her eyes.

Hayoung froze. She glanced at Hoya and he shrugged. She bit her lips. *What’s wrong with him!? He knew about Chunji Oppa. Why is he doing this to me!?* She calmed herself down.

“Ooh~ Nice to meet you…err…your name?” She kept on acting like she didn’t know him. She saw Hoya staring her intensely but she didn’t care. She turned her gaze towards Chunji.

“Chanhee…you can call me Chunji.”

“Okay…Hoya-sunbaenim and Chanhee-sunbaenim. Let’s start studying.” Hayoung spoke. Her voice was firm.

She shot up from bed and massaged her temples. She grabbed her pillow and started smacking it. *Stupid Lee Howon! I hate you!* She continued on smacking the pillow until she was tired and fall asleep.

 

-------------

Naeun woke up from bed and went to the kitchen. She grabbed a carton of milk in the refrigerator and filled it in a glass. Then she put the glass in the microwave. She likes her milk to be warm and hot. While she was waiting for her milk she recalled about what had happen that morning. She sighed. She was troubled. She likes L but he was owned.

“Why are you so quiet?” L asked.

“Nothing.” Naeun answered. She never let her gaze shifted from the ground. L tilted his head. *she was never this emotionless before. Is she sick?*

“Hmm…aha! I know!” He dragged her towards another path. Naeun blinked.

“Where are you taking me?” she curiously asked.

“Baskin Robins. Ice cream will never fail in making people smile. Agree?” L gave her a smile and tugged her to follow him. Naeun smiled. *he is a good person*

 

She jumped back to reality when she heard a beeping sound from the microwave. She took out the milk and started sipping it.

I can’t be like this. I need to forget him.

She was determined. Once she finished her milk and cleaned it she went back to her room.

 

----

Hoya stared at his unfinished homework. His mind was full with the incident that happen that mornig so he couldn’t focus. He groaned and slumped himself on the bed. *Did I do the right thing?*

“Chanhee…you know me don’t you? You are Chunji, right?” Hoya curiously asked.

“Yes and of course I know you Hoya. Hayoung’s new boyfriend. Right?” He asked back.

“Yeah. Right. What are you doing here? Are you stalking her? If you do I won’t make your life her easy.” Hoya coldly replied as he clenched his fist. Chunji eyes widened.

“She’s here?” he stuttered.

“yup. Don’t tell me you don’t know.” Hoya raised his eyebrow.

“I don’t” Chunji sincerely confessed.

“Oh, okay then. Can I ask you something?” Hoya stared at him. Chunji shrugged.

“What?”

“You and Hayoung. What are your relationship?” Hoya bluntly asked him, causing him to freeze for a minute.

“She’s my ex. I thought you’re her boyfriend. She didn’t tell you about me?” Chunji told him. His expression was sad.

“Err, yeah she didn’t. That’s why I asked you!”

“I left her for Japan. I still love her you know but at that time I was blinded with a scholarship that I received and I didn’t even think of her. I left her without telling her to wait for me and as a result…she have you now.” Chunji explained.

Hoya started feeling sorry for him. He recalled Hayoung’s sad face and determined to fix their relationship.

“Wait. One more question.”

“Do you still love her?” he continued.

“Yes, and I will never stop even though I know she’s yours.” Chunji confidently replied. Hoya didn’t know why but his statement cause his heart to stop beating.

He shot up from bed and ruffled his hair. *Aish! Why can’t I stop thinking about her. Can it be…I like her?* He shook his head. *I can’t. I promised Chunji~*

Hoya was behind of all the tutoring thing. He pleaded Miss Kim and told her that Chunji needs help in studying. He also told Chunji the truth. Chunji gaped.

“So both of you are not dating!?”

He nodded at his words; he could see Chunji’s face lighted up when he knew it. But deep inside he felt hurt. It’s like he had just given something important to someone else.

Hoya remembered when Hayoung came to his class that afternoon. She looked shocked. She bit her lips before entering and he did his best to ignore her killing stare but one thing tick him off. Hayoung was pertending that she didn’t know Chunji at all. He knew that Hayoung was mad at him because she left them alone right after she finished tutoring. Without a smile and a warm goodbye.

Hoya groaned. He went to the bathroom and splashed some water to his face. He looked at his reflection on the mirror. He looked at himself. His expression was indescribable. *I will make sure they are together again. They are fated for each other* he tried to smile but his smile was fake and full with regrets.