The Date

Love Lesson

 

"Do I have to do this?" Sunggyu whined. He pouted at Woohyun, wishing his aegyo would work.

Woohyun who was leaning against the tree grinned with arms over his chest. "A deal is a deal."

Sunggyu gritted his teeth. *I never thought he would beat me this time around!*

"And plus, do I REALLY have to wear this thing!?" He frowned as he glanced at the brown paper bag that he was holding and back to Woohyun. Woohyun shrugged.

"Be thankful I gave you that! At least people won't know who you are."

*But it surely make me look stupid!*

He sighed as he stepped on the big rock, facing the river. He scanned the place and when he was sure no one was paying attention to him he put the paper bag over his head, covering them completely.

 

"Hyung? You ready?"

Sunggyu groaned inwardly but he gave him a thumb up, knowing that Woohyun won't hear his groan. *Gosh! I can't believe I would do this~~~* Woohyun grinned, he turned around and when he saw two familiar figures walking towards him, his grin became wider. He waited for the perfect time.

"Now!" he ordered. Sunggyu took a deep breath and started mumbling the words Woohyun asked him to say out loud.

" I like Eunji."

"Hyung~ I can't hear you! Louder!"

"I like Jung Eunji."

"Whaaaa…? Hyung! I can't hear you~ for goodness sake…louder!!!"

"I, KIM SUNGGYU LIKE JUNG EUNJI VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!" he roared, very loud and clear this time. He took off the paper bag off his face and turned around, ready to attack Woohyun.

"HAPPY NOW!? WHY YOU LITTLE-" Sunggyu cursed but his eyes went wide when he saw Eunji standing beside Chorong who linked arms with the smirking Woohyun. She was looking straight at him with a puzzled face.

"Chorong, E-Eunji! H-how…wh-what are you doing here?" He baffled. Eunji blinked a few times before she replied.

"Chorong and I were strolling when we saw you two. What are you guys doing, really?"

Sunggyu blushed and bit his lips. *What the hell? How come she's here!?* Sunggyu faked a cough and looked up to see Woohyun secretly pumped his fist and mouthed fighting' to him. Sunggyu shook his head. *I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WHEN HE ASKED ME OUT…CURSE YOU NAM WOOHYUN! DONGSAENG OR NOT, BEST FRIEND OR NOT I'M SURE I'LL KILL YOU WHEN WE GOT HOME!* Sunggyu glared at him one last time before he walked towards them, laughing and rubbing his neck.

"We are playing basket ball just now." He said. Eunji nodded her head. Her face is quite calm and that made him confused. *Did she hear or not?*

"It's nice to see you two here! Should we do something fun?" Chorong beamed. She winked at Woohyun and nudged Eunji beside her. Eunji blushed and nudged her back. *Unnie planned this. I can sense it.*

"Yeah! It's a nice day and the air is fresh. Ooh! I know! I know! Let's go ride the bicycle!" Woohyun exclaimed. He winked at Chorong and they both snickered. Sunggyu raised his eyebrow. *They have a plan. I knew it* He stole glances at Eunji but Eunji caught him and smile back at him. Sunggyu fake a cough and faced the ground. *Did she pretend she didn't hear me?*

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

"On the count of three." Sunggyu announced. Woohyun grip on the bike tighten.

"One…." Woohyun smirked. He glanced at Sunggyu beside him.

"Two…" Eunji and Chorong pumped their fists to each other.

"Three!!!" and…they sped off!

 

"Eunji-ssi! Left, right, left, right. Come on! Let us beat them!" Sunggyu enthusiastically ordered Eunji who was riding the tandem bike with him. Eunji giggled but she followed him.

"Woohyun-ah! Faster" Chorong whined. Woohyun ignored her and continue to cycle very slowly.

"Isn't it nice? Cycling here… you and me, under the warm sunlight and the birds chirping in harmony? Aah~ so nice!" Woohyun swayed the bicycle left to right and closed his eyes, enjoying the moment.

"Ya! We're losing! Aish! I don't care anymore! You handle the bike alone!" Chorong slapped his back and folded her arms. She refused to help him control the bike. Woohyun who was startled by her slap opened his eyes and struggled to keep the bike balanced.

"Chora! How could you do this to your Woohyun Oppa!" He cutely pouted but Chorong…. didn't even care.

 

Sunggyu stopped the bike after finishing the first lap. He turned back and there were no sign of the other couple. *Where the heck are they?*

"Eunji-ssi, you can get off now." He smiled. Eunji blinked and carefully get off from the bike. She took off the helmet and fixed her bangs. Sunggyu get off from the bike and lead the bike under the tree where Woohyun left his bag pack. He called Eunji and asked her to sit there.

"Where do you think they are? They took a long time…are they ditching us?" Eunji asked him while she fanned herself with her hands. It was hot!

"Here" Sunggyu handed her a water bottle. Eunji blinked for a few times before she took it. She thanked him and drank the water to get rid of her thirst.

"I don't know but they better come fast or we'll eat the lunch without them." Sunggyu chuckled and showed the lunchbox to Eunji.

"Waa~ you make this?" Her jaw dropped as she stared at the luncbox.

"No! I did. Sunggyu is lying. Tsk tsk tsk…give me that!" Out of nowhere, Woohyun came and snatched the lunch box from Sunggyu. Eunji raised her eyebrow at Sunggyu. Sunggyu raised his hands to defend himself.

"Whoa~ wait a minute. I didn't even say I make those!" Eunji giggled and nodded.

"Got it. Sheeesh..you don't have to be that mad." She softly slapped his shoulders. Chorong who saw her action pulled a small smile. *The plan works just fine. Time for plan two.*

 

"Chora! Say aaaah!" Woohyun tried to feed her a piece of kimbab. Chorong face flushed as she slowly opened . Woohyun grinned and popped the kimbab into . He then took another one and ate it himself. Sunggyu raised his eyebrow and shook his head, mentally. He glanced at Eunji and chuckled when he noticed she also looked quite disgust.

"Woohyun-ah~" Chorong pointed to her lips, signaling that his lips was smudged with bits of kimbab. Woohyun blushed.

"Are you serious? Do you want me to err…you know~ do ‘that' in front of them" He shyly winked at her. Chorong mentally smacked her forehead. Eunji chocked her food while Sunggyu face palmed. Chorong moved closer to him and he automatically puckered his lips and closed his eyes. She giggled and swiftly wiped the edge of his lips with a tissue.

"You got something on your lips, silly." She scoffed and pushed the tissue into his hands and continued eating. Woohyun blinked and bit his lips. *Well, that was embarassing* Sunggyu and Eunji puffed their cheeks trying to hold in their laughter. Woohyun glared at Sunggyu. He took a water bottle, drank it, and then he gave it to Chorong.

"Drink it" he mouthed.

She tilted her head, took it and drank the water.

"Score! An indirect kiss! In your face, hyung!" Woohyun snickered. Sunggyu stared at Woohyun again and shook his head…again. *Immature fool* He decided not to interfere with the lovebirds so he put down his chopstick and got up.

"Say, I'm gonna return those bikes to the rental stall. I'm gonna go with Eunji so you two can stay here and finish your lovey dovey session." He said while he walked over the bikes and grabbed one of them. Eunji got up, rubbed her hands together, took her bag and added,

"Yeah, unnie you look uncomfortable with us here so we'll be going. We'll come back for sure." Eunji waved at the two and took the other bike. Both of them waved for the last time, and walked towards the rental stall while pushing the bike side by side.

"Bye guys! See you later!" Chrorong waved and after she make sure both of them were out of sight she giggled.

"Oppa! Our plan works!" She exclaimed.

"Sure it worked! Who can beat me in being greasy and fluffy?" he wiggled his eyebrow. Chorong rolled her eyes and started to clear up the place.

"What are you doing?" Woohyun stared at her.

"Shouldn't we start our plan three, oppa?" Chorong smirked.

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

Eunji-ah!

Mian~ Woohyun and me had to leave first because something came up at school!

Ask Sunggyu-ssi to take you home, okay? I'm so so so sorry! >_<

 

Hyung! Something came up at school so we have to go and fix something up!

Chora asked you to bring Eunji home safely…. This is your chance hyung!

Don't screw things up! Fighting! =D

 

Both of them sighed.

"Do you get the same message?" Eunji asked, slipping her phone into her bag after she replied Chorong's message.

"Yeah. I guess something's up. It's fine." Sunggyu replied.

"I think so."

This is your chance hyung! Don't screw things up! Fighting! =D.Woohyun's message kept on playing on his head. *He’s right. This is the right time* He took a deep breath and nervously asked her a question.

"Hey…wanna grab something to drink?"

"Sure! Hmm..how about bubble tea!?" She beamed. Sunggyu chuckled and grabbed her wrist.

"Come on."

They walked side by side towards a bubble tea stand.

"What can I get for you?" The man at the stand asked with a wide smile.

"One strawberry green tea for me and..."

Sunggyu shook his head, signaling he never taste it before. Eunji giggled and turned back to the man.

"One coconut cream blend with tapioca for him."

The man nodded and efficiently prepared the drinks for them. Sunggyu paid for them and Eunji grabbed both of the bubble tea with her hands.

"Your girlfriend chose the most popular flavour for you. I'm sure you gonna love it" The man winked at him as he returned the balance. Sunggyu blushed and thanked the man.

"What did he whisper to you?" Eunji blinked, sipping the bubble tea at the same time.

"Eo!? Nothing~" Eunji nodded innocently and handed him the bubble tea. At first he was reluctant to accept it because he never drink bubble tea before but the man's word keep replaying on his mind.

"Trust me Sunggyu-ssi, this flavour is jjang!" He gave up and took it. He took a small sip and his eyes popped out when he fully tasted it.

"Well~ delicious huh?" Eunji beamed and giggled at his reaction. Sunggyu took a long sip and held out a thumb up.

"Jjang! Waa~ why I never know about the existence of this wonderful drink!?"

"Tch…you are way too busy practicing all day long at the company. I can see you rarely spend time outside. Let's go and have a stroll at the river? It was still early." Eunji bravely asked him with hope he would agree.

"Whatever you say Miss Bubble Tea~" Sunggyu rolled his eyes, pretending to be annoyed with her words and went away. Eunji shook her head at his childish behaviour

"Wait up Sunggyu-ssi!"

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

After some time strolling, they found a perfect place to sit and rest after a long walk. They made their way uphill and sat on a bench under a big tree. It was peaceful there and the breeze was fresh and cool. Sunggyu fiddled with his fingers and kept glancing at Eunji. *I can do this. Kim Sunggyu, be a man!*

"Hey, about earlier...I did mean it." Sunggyu decided to confess and told her his feelings. Eunji seem lost, she stared at him with a blank expression.

"What do you mean?"

"When you came earlier with Chorong...I’m sure you heard my scream right? I meant what I said that time. Yes, it's a dare but it's true. I...like you Eunji-ssi. I really like you a lot since the first time I meet you." Sunggyu blurted it all out with a single breath. Eunji looked stunned.

"So that's what you were saying~" she mumbled softly. Her cheeks turned pink. Sunggyu heard her and blinked.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked curiously. Eunji awkwardly giggled and pulled out something from inside of her thick coat. It was long and it smoothly plucked off from her ears. That something was a pair of earphone. *No way!* Sunggyu stared at her, bewildered.

"Actually, when I arrived earlier I was listening to my ipod because Chorong unnie kept blabbering about her love life. Basically, I didn't even hear your confession that time." Eunji explained. She didn't dare to face him.

*That means I just confessed right in front of her! How embarrassing~*

"A-ah, really? Aha…her story must be really boring. Ha ha" Sunggyu awkwardly laugh and sipped his bubble tea. *Waa! What if she didn't like me back? Babo! Aigoo~* Sunggyu felt like crying out of embarrassment. Out of the blue, Eunji suddenly grabbed his wrist.

"Actually... I like you too."She half mumbled half whispered but Sunggyu clearly heard her. He beamed and started to smile like an idiot. They both looked away from each other, faking a cough. Sunggyu turned and faced her. He noticed something weird and squinted his eyes. He smirked when he discovered something interesting. He called Eunji and she swiftly turned facing him. Sunggyu leaned towards her and that made her blush. Right beside her ears he whispered something.

"If you glance to your right you will see two 'ajumma' wearing straw hats and over sized sunglasses" Eunji took a peek and noticed two figures were trying hard hiding behind a tree. One of them was holding a pair of binoculars. Eunji giggled.

"Those two are really something" Eunji chuckled. She met eyes with Sungyu and noticed how affectionate was the stare he gave her. She gulped when he leaned closer till their noses almost touch.

"Might as well gave them a show, don't you think?" Sunggyu smirked and pecked her cheeks. Eunji blushed at the sudden kiss but she played along. Instead of touching her cheeks, she touched her lips and then hugged him. They softly giggled when they heard squealing sounds from behind.