★PART TWO★

Till i reach your star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*kai pov*

I stared out the window as the car drove off. I was so tired that I could feel the exhaustion in each single bone of my body. Just wanted to get to my bed. I closed my eyes for a few seconds till i was disturbed by someone's cellphone ringing. I opened my eyes and looked at the source which obviously was her. She was looking at the screen poker face. i kinda ended up looking at it too.

~just wanted to remind u that now that i have your number I'm not gonna leave you alone till you go on a date with me kkkk and yeah I'm tactless like that!~

i looked away since i felt ashamed at once for reading someone else's private message and heard her calling him an idiot under her breath.

At least she was a little smart not to fall for stuff like that. That hyung could be the ruin of her...

errghh why did i even care? Hmmm well she was helping me i could help her too! She gets paid for it smart ! Someone inside my head said and that someone was right!

I looked back at her. Now she had her ear buds on. My eyes fell down on her hands which were lying on her bag. She was tapping on it with her fingers. Her nails were painted in a really weird way which I'm sure was her own doing. She was one of the weirdest girls I have ever met in my life she didn't seem like it at first sight but she was! At least to me! Something was about her that I couldn't figure out.

Then i heard her saying something i looked at her and realize she is repeating the lyrics of the song she is listening to under her breath. I found myself smiling for no good reason and had to mental slap myself to stop staring but before I could she suddenly turned to me and our gazes met.

it was weird but i couldn't look away and she was also staring at my eyes kinda surprised and i was repeating to myself to look away on and on and still i couldn't!

She blinked a few times and then bit her lip and she was the first one to stop this weird staring contest.

It was like somebody smacked the back of my head hard, I cursed myself and turned towards the window again.

What is wrong with you kim jongin. Staring at people like a freak!

"Hey ellie shi!"

The driver called out but she didn't notice because of her ear buds. i sighed as the driver called her again. i turned to her and pulled one of plugs out. She turned to me .i pointed at the driver and looked away.

"Did you call me?" she asked.

Driver laughed: "yeah i did!"

"What is it?" she asked again.

"i forgot to tell you but Mr. Hwan told me to give you this. i guess it's a gift"

Then he turned to back and passed her a small box fast. She stared at the box and said:" what is it?"

"i donno..." driver said this and fixed his eyes on the road again.

She seemed hesitant to open the box but she did it anyway. Inside the box there was a really small rose with a ribbon around it.

i looked at her face she was looking at rose then smelled it and smiled.

It's just a stupid rose! What's the smile for?

The car stopped and i murmured "thank god" as i opened the door and got out. i saw her looking at me confused but i didn't care. I was so tired for caring.

✨Ellie POV✨

What was the thank god for? Does he hate sitting in a car with me? i seriously don't know what i did to deserve this attitude!

i couldn't help but feel like because of his behavior. I know i wasn't such a big help but why couldn't he see that I'm trying my best?? I guess he thought i don't deserve the money I'm going to get for this.

I grabbed the plastic bags trying not to fall on the ground since it was hard to look at my feet with all the things that i was carrying and said bye to the driver.

He shook his head and said: "why don't You ask him to help you?"

I smiled: "he is exhausted, let him be."

He said: "ok...take care." Then he drove off.

I walked to the door which was now open and then tried to close it with my leg. damn it i couldn't.

I had to put the damn things down. I was about to do it that some of the plastic bags were suddenly snatched out of my hand. I turned to look who did it .it was him. He grabbed the rest too and shut the door with his leg and walked away as i stood there shocked.

Then i got my senses back and ran after him and said: "I could do it myself... give them back."

He didn't say anything.

I sighed: hey I'm talking to you! I said give them back this is my job and i will do it! I know you think I'm not needed here but as long as I'm here i will try my best to help.so for God's sake stop treating me like this. What is wrong with you?????"

I almost screamed the last parts.

He stopped and stared at me .I looked directly back at him trying to look tough and said:"if you want to get rid of me there is no need for being like this...i will think of something soon...you can even exchange managers...baekhyun told me the other day he likes me to be his manager...and he doesn't hate me...so..."

He didn't wait for me to finish just silently walked in. I sighed and almost screamed: "thank you so much for respecting me while speaking."

And followed him in with eyes full of tears.

i don't know why i cared so much about his opinion about me i was just a manager. He could hate me as long as i got paid i shouldn't care.

But i cared wanted to be his friend and i knew that i don't hate him although he was being a jerk to me for no good reason. I didn't even dislike him i kinda liked him...aish stop it! i was about to hit the wall because i was lost in my thoughts and at the same time had teary eyes.

He put the stuff down on a sofa and walked to the kitchen and i followed him wanting to drink something. I was kinda hungry too...baek and chan were sitting behind the table talking .he said hi to them and walked straight to the refrigerator. i said hi too and they turned to look at me.

Baek smiled and said: "hi manager shi!"

i smiled back at him as Chan waved at me. Then baek said: what is wrong?

"What do you mean?" I asked trying my best to act as causal as I could.

"You seem sad! Your eyes! Have you been crying?"

Dear heavens he was sharp! I didn't even cry I just had teary eyes for a few seconds. i shook my head fast and said: "no! What are you saying?"

Chan looked at me for a few seconds and then said: "baek is right! Hey kiddo you are not treating her badly right?"

He said the last part to kai who was standing next to counter drinking a soda. he stopped and looked at me. i bit my lip and looked away. I was so embarrassed for making others scold him. Although I didn't say anything to cause this but still I was the reason.

"Thanks hyung for thinking i can be a jerk who goes around torturing poor defenseless managers." He said mockingly, then he banged the can on the counter and walked out the kitchen.

"Oppppaaa!!!!" I snapped at chan.

chan looked at me embarrassed and said:" sorry. Just trying to help!"

I crashed behind the table and put my forehead on it and muttered:" now it will be even more awkward between us! He did nothing wrong! It's me being overly sensitive! He didn't even say a single word..."

chan sighed: "I'm sorry. Don't be mad."

I looked up at him and said: "I'm not mad."

"You idiot!" baek scolded chan.

"Guys stop it.it's ok. Why you sitting here?" I said.

"Thinking about what to eat..." chan answered me.

i stood up and said: "i will make something..."

"You don't have to! We will order something." Baek tried to stop me.

I shook my head smiling and said:" i want to.I hope he will eat some too...he hasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter