★PART TWENTY-SEVEN★

Till i reach your star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥KAI pov ♥

She blinked at me confused. I smiled and said:" sorry I didn't know it till two hours ago. So I didn't get a chance to even wrap it...this was not meant to be a birthday gift. I wanted to give it to you after you finally made a decision but then I felt like I want to give this to you regardless of what your decision may be."

She was staring at the necklace with her eyes widened. Then she looked up at me and she had teary eyes. I blinked confused and said:" what did I say?"

She shook her head and murmured:" nothing...I'm just happy. Sorry."

I smiled:" you like it?"

She gave me the brightest smile I have ever seen of her and said:" I love it!" she held the necklace up looking at it closely with her eyes twinkling. I watched her in silence and then said:" do you want me to put it on for you?"

She nodded and turned. I put the necklace around her neck and she turned to me again.

"Thank you for coming all the way here so late at night in this cold only to give me this. "She murmured.

"Nah i was just passing the neighborhood." I joked and she started laughing although it was lame. I watched her in silence. It felt really good that i am the one who is making her laugh. She noticed me staring and stopped.

"I missed you!" I said grabbing her hand again.

She stared down at our hands and tucked her hair behind her ear then said:" it has been just one day and half."

" so what? I missed you. You are always around so when you are not it feels weird."

" i am not going to be around forever you know." She said.

Why did she have to be so bitter??

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped at her.

She blinked nervously and said:" nothing... it was just a statement."

"Well aren't you good at making statements??? You are an expert in it. I wonder if you make statements like that for your oppa too cause if you do and he still hangs around he sure has some set of strong nerves!"

I let go of her hand and stood up. I really wanted to be patient but i didn't have it in me. It was like she knew exactly what to say to make me lose it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. "She said under her breath i looked at her and she was playing with her fingers not looking at me.

"Don't say you are sorry when you don't mean it. Hwan is the safer option for you isn't he? He is rich and he loves you! You won't have to deal with fans or company because of him. So you can't let him go i understand. So stupid of me to think you would feel the same."

"Jongin..." she looked up at me with teary eyes.

"Whatever... I'm out of here." I started walking to the door at once. I knew i overreacted but this whole hwan thing was really hard on me. She was staying in his damn house for God's sake. And still I desperately wished she would stop me. I was being childish and I knew it but please stop me.

I reached the doorknob then i felt something holding the back of my shirt. I stopped and turned. She was holding my shirt between her fingers staring at the ground.

"Don't leave please." She said with a shaky voice.

"Why?" I asked.

She didn't say anything or even look up at me.

"I can't be your friend like before and you know the reason. I will stop bothering you from now on and if you want to leave i won't stop you anymore. So i guess there is nothing left to say right? You can be with him. You don't have to feel pressured because of me."

Tears started rolling down her cheeks. God i hate myself. Why did i have to be so harsh? Hwan waited for months and i couldn't wait for a few days. I am really stupid.

She was still holding onto my shirt and i didn't have the power to make her let go.

"I have to go." I said and grabbed the doorknob.

"I love you." My hand stopped and I turned to her at once. She wasn't even looking at me. She was still staring at the ground. She let go of my shirt and took a few steps back. She took a fast look at me and then said:" I ...go to the bedroom so you won't get angrier at me...please don't leave now it's snowing...it's cold and it's really late." she stuttered and then walked back to the hall. It took me a few seconds to get my senses back and then followed her. She was grabbing her books off the table. I walked to her and she noticed me. She stood straight and biting her lower lip and then said:" good night!"

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"I said goodnight..." she murmured.

"Before that!"

"It's late..." she muttered nervously playing with her hands.

I chuckled as I stood in front of her." You have two options here! Whether you say it or I would go and you know it's snowing and it's cold and not to mention how late it is!" I said observing her flushing face.

"I said it once...why do you want me to repeat it?" she said trying to look all cool about it.

"Who said once is enough? I have said it before but I will say it again." she blinked looking at me and I leaned more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter