★PART EIGHTEEN★

Till i reach your star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

♡ Kai POV ♡

I sat behind the chair as she sat in front of me. I looked at her face and she seemed down. I knew it was because of what just happened. Honestly i didn't expect the ajumma to treat her like that. She was always so kind to me so picturing her being mean to someone was hard for me until a few seconds ago.

I wish i had taken her somewhere else so she wouldn't feel bad.

I silently watched her for a few moments as she was playing with her ring. Then i said:" i guess i made you uncomfortable. Sorry i had no idea she would act like that. She is a nice person."

"Well not to everyone. "She joked coldly.

"I'm sorry." I said again.

She smiled kindly at me and said:" come on you did nothing wrong. It's not your fault. Let's just forget about it and enjoy the food ok?"

I took a breath of relief and said:" okay!"

A few minutes later the table was covered with different food and side dishes. Although the ajumma treated ellie as she was invisible again. After she left, ellie took a deep breath and said:" I guess i have killed her father and have no idea about it."

I gave out a short laugh and said:" maybe!"

She sighed and murmured "whatever" then started testing the food in front of her.

"You like it?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah.it's ok" she said shortly.

I guess her mood was ruined because she didn't seem willing to talk at all. I watched her as she was eating her food deep in thoughts then said:" don't be like that!"

She brought her head up and her eyes met mine. Then she said:" like what?"

I leaned in towards her and said:" like you hate everyone again."

She cracked a smile and said:" what if i do really?"

"You hate everyone?" I asked.

She gave out a sigh and said:" nope. Fortunately or unfortunately i don't hate everyone. I'm just tired. It's no big deal. Don't worry."

I smiled:" okay."

I wanted to make her laugh but i don't know how. If it was baek this would be a piece of cake for him. But this is me and my humor is limited so i better just make her talk so i can change her mood.

"Hey can i ask you a question? "i said.

She nodded and replied:" yeah shoot!"

I was kind of hesitant to ask cause i didn't know how she might feel about answering it. But i ended up asking anyway.

"What's with the ring??"

She nervously put her hand on it as if she was trying to hide it and said:" what?"

"Your ring...you seem to care a lot about it. i have seen baek trying to take it off a few times as a joke and you got really furious. "

She shook her head and said:" believe me it's nothing special."

She acting like that gave me more reasons to be curious.

"It's a secret?" I asked.

She eyed me for a few seconds then said:" yes it is."

"So just tell me!"

She chuckled:" well aren't you a nosy one Mr kim!"

I gave out a laugh and said:" i am not! But you made it look like such a mystery that i got interested even more!"

She nodded thoughtfully and said:" still I'm not gonna tell you! You would think different of me!"

What was the big thing about her ring that i would think different of her after hearing it???

She was watching me intently with a smirk.

I pouted:" come on tell me already! "

She cocked her head pressing her lips together and then said:" ok i will but..."

"But what!?" I asked enthusiastically.

"You have to promise to keep my secret!"

"okay!" I said without a second of waiting.

She stared at her food for a few seconds and then muttered:" This is a wedding ring."

It took me a few moments to fully comprehend what she said.

"What?" I breathed.

She bit her lower lip and said:" don't make me repeat it please."

"You mean you are married???" I asked almost feeling dizzy.

"No i was married!" She corrected me.

"What happened??? I mean to your husband!" That sentence felt so weird getting out of my mouth that i wanted to laugh out loud. I expected anything but this! She was so young for being married.

"He left me..." she sighed.

"Why?"

She didn't answer. Her face seemed really gloomy and she was biting her lip nonstop.

"Come on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter