★PART TWELVE★

Till i reach your star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai POV

"So this is it! " she said while pulling out some blankets out of a small wall closet.
I smiled and said:" Good enough!"
" You sure?? Cause you know i still can leave! I will just get a cab and you will have more space. " she asked.
I shook my head and replied:" No it's ok. And come on here is big enough. I'm not gonna sleep walk don't worry."
She just nodded. Then she looked around the room and said: " and sorry for the mess!"
I laughed: " stop it already i don't care!!! You wanna go grab a bite?"
She smiled and said: " Yeah I'm starving. "
I put my backpack on the ground and said: " Ok then let's go. "
" ok...i just have to change...so can you please wait outside?" She asked.
"Sure!" Then i left the room and closed the door. The place was not that bad but it didn't seem safe. It was a small rooftop room and the door seemed liked it can be easily kicked open. And she was here all alone! God I'm overthinking again. But it's better if she goes to her friend's house. Maybe i should tell her.
She came out the door and then turned and locked it and said: " Ok let's go." I followed her down the iron stairs as she put her beanie on and said:" So how's your friend's mom doing?"
She sighed:" Not so well. Eunjung is under a lot of stress. I feel so bad for her."
" I hope she gets well soon" i said as we turned to the street. She murmured: " yeah me too!"

" You know the place you are staying is not safe!"

She turned to look at me and said:" why?"

I shrugged: " I dunno.it just doesn't seem safe. Why don't you go to your friend's house?"
She shook her head and Answered: " No i can't.  I already told you. Her unnie is there and i don't feel comfortable around strangers. "

"But you managed to live with us!" I said.

" That was different!  I had no choice and baek helped me a lot!"

" Why isn't her sister staying with their mom?" I guess i really wanted to have a conversation with her cause now i was asking about things that i didn't even care about.

She crossed her arms hugging herself and said: " She has an office job and it's impossible for her."
I nodded.
" So how are the things between hwan and you going?" I got surprised at myself for asking this question. I haven't even thought about it ,yet it spilled out like it has been on the back of my mind waiting.
She didn't look at me although i was expecting a surprised reaction.
" We are doing fine...he is too good to be true and i don't know why but he likes me!" She said.
" what do you mean you don't know why?" I asked raising my eyebrows.
She shrugged: " I mean he is surrendered by pretty trainees and gorgeous idols and he is so popular so i don't get why he likes to chase after a simple manager! He can go after someone prettier! "
I grabbed her wrist and made her stop. She looked at me confused. I didn't know how to get my words out without making a fool out of myself.
" Everyone is beautiful in the eyes of the right person!" There i said it. I took a breath of relief.
She smiled: "Yeah but some people are beautiful in the eyes of everyone and you can't deny the fact that nowadays beauty and money rule the world. "

" Yeah but not everyone " i said feeling kinda offended. I didn't want to be counted as everyone in such a stupid thing. visual are overrated cause they never last and later even the most beautiful face would be ordinary to you after a couple of times!

She nodded and said: " Yeah nothing is absolute. But somethings are general! Ok let's say you have to choose between a really hot girl and an average looking girl. Who your mind would unconsciously run to?"

I crossed my arms and said with certainty :  " the one that i connect with the most!"

She rolled her eyes and said: " Don't get all goody two shoes for me! I said Unconsciously!  "
I sighed:  " Ok then...the pretty one! What's your point!?"

She said: " The fact that society has ruined our senses! You see someone pretty and you get a good vibe thinking that she or he might have a good personality too! Even i think like that too without noticing...it's really stupid"

I nodded: " Yeah i agree but that's how human beings are! We get attracted to flashy things it's in our nature."
She chuckled: " cool! Then hwan is going against his nature for me! Awww that's so sweet!"
I stared at her with a blank expression.  She just turned a serious conversation into a joke or maybe she just didn't want to talk about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter