Episode 37

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Breakfast is on the table. I will be back soon’

Amanda woke up freshly today. She found the note on the small table next to the bed. Yawning highly, she read it.

‘Oh! Uncle has gone out!’ she murmured to herself and walked to the washroom. She dressed up herself and sat on the table and started having the breakfast. Yesterday night was like a dream in her mind. She remembered how she beat him before she slept.

‘He should not have tried to steal my night dress.’ She murmured herself again.

She switched on the TV while eating. Changing channels one by one, she enjoyed herself. An English romantic movie was telecasting when she was eagerly glaring at it. Her mind captured the way they were making love to each other bit by bit just like in the TV but her childish mind couldn’t capture the meaning behind them.

‘We did the same……yes, we did the same………..’

One by one she remembered about the last night. She recalled the way she came there asking him to sleep with her. The way she held to him, the way she dragged him to her and then the moments they felt with each other were counting in her mind. The spoon which was on her hand just dropped to the floor. She held her head tightly and closed her eyes.

The past incidents were drawing in her mind continuously… the day of accident… the moment she and Jay met with each other at her house…. The way she ruined the press conference….The way she cried…the way she let him go from him….The threats she faced from Glen….Maya…..Alex…….Bang Bang moments and everything were recalling in her mind making her having a severe headache…

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed when it was about burst from her head. Her scream was so loud but no one was there to hear.

………………………………………..

“Come and sit”

Jay sat in front of the doctor. He has left home to go to HEALING HOME early morning in order to meet the doctor as soon as possible.

“How is Amanda? Is she getting better? I was thinking to call you and ask you to bring her, so we can do regular checkups… How is she? Is everything going well?” When he was staring at her like a dumb, she was so curious about everything.

“Jay!” she called his name when he was in silent and dumb.

“I don’t know….I know nothing doctor” he said helplessly looking own. His own fingers were tangling with each other and it was clearly seem that he was in a stress with his expressions.

“Jay! Look at me” Doctor bent towards the table and said calmly.

“Are YOU having a hard time?” she asked gently from him.

“Mmmm…” he murmured.

“Tell me everything” he looked at the doctor then.

“Her mentality changed in to a child when she faced to me. She fainted most of the time but later on, she didn’t faint but she was caught by the disorder. But time to time, when she was closer to me, her mentality began to swing. She sometimes behaved as the girl I knew in the past… At that moment, she wanted to get closer to me and she recognized me as well. But a little later, again she was caught by the sickness and acted as a child………..” he stopped the story and looked at the doctor.

“I think I get you Jay. I know it’s hard for you as well, but I feel that she is getting better quickly than I expected. Was there anything else? Any highlighted things happened?” she asked then.

He remained looking at her and then looked down escaping from doctor’s eyes. He wanted to say everything but how could he reveal something like that to anyone? It was their privacy…though she was sick now, it’s her privacy which he needs to protect.

“Jay!!!! I know Mrs. Ranson has gone out. She phoned me before she left. There can be something happened between you two. I know it’s private but you can’t hide anything from a doctor Jay…. Do you understand what I am saying?” He stared at her again. Her gentle talk was like his mom.

“Yes, I understand” he muttered to her

“It may be difficult for you to express but without knowing anything I can’t come to conclusions. And mostly, I know that would be the most reason why you are here today” she said gently looking at him.

“You are correct” he muttered again.

“Then, tell me everything boy” she said kindly finally. He tried his best attempt to calm himself and express the truth to her. He knew his words will lead the doctor to heal his love.

“In fact, yesterday night, she came to my room and said she wanted to sleep next to me because she had a bad dream and she was scared a lot. I noticed that she was in her disorder and therefore, she was so stubborn and neither let me to go away nor she left…. But…later her mentality got swing and it was like she was the one I knew all along… She wanted to get closer to me and she talked to me very seriously as well…………”

Jay noticed the calm expressions of the doctor so far. He was thankful in his heart to notice that kind of expressions instead of making him awkward.

“What did she tell you?” she asked when he gave a break to his story.

“She said her heart knows me. And the day she traveled with Glen which was the accident day, she wished a miracle to be happened and escaped from him… She said not with Glen, even at that moment she wanted to be with me like that.” his voice got lower for the last few words.

“Like what?” Doctor asked looking at him. He faced the difficulty in front of her.

“In fact……..we were hugging each other at that time” She could notice how his earlobes have gotten red and how much he was embarrassed. He couldn’t look at her eyes where he was just staring the down with the embarrassment.

“Alright……… That means, she was regaining her memories alive while she was with you….” Without letting him to notice the embarrassment more and more, she spoke just as a doctor in a serious mood.

“Yes…You are correct doctor” he said in a lower voice.

“It’s a good sign…. It says that the initial stage of her disorder was clearing… She is able to stay with you and she can remember you for at least few minutes when she is with you with her memories without the disorder…It’s really a good sign……..Tell me….Then what happened?” she said with the same serious mood staring at him.

“Then…………Then…………..Actually……………We………..” Jay stopped his words and looked down again when he was unable to express anything after that point. How could he explain something like that to anyone?

“Jay!!!! Look at me” she said gently this time making him stare at her. She noticed the helpless look in this boy’s eyes.

“Alright…..Should we say that both of you enjoyed your time with each other?” she asked then.

“It’s not like that… Although we were like that before, her mentality got changed to her disorder in the mid of…………………………” Doctor could see how his fingers were tangling with each other with the shame and embarrassment. First time today, she felt the sadness for this guy with in her.

“Go on Jay! I understand you” she gave the courage to him noticing how he would bear the things in his heart.

“When she is in her disorder, she used to call me ‘uncle’. Likewise, when her mentality changed at that moment, she started beating me saying that I am a bad uncle…. I didn’t know what she was thinking at that time...doctor…. if her mentality was like a child at that time, I don’t know whether she would think about me as a ert and who was trying to ruin herself….but………..but………..but doctor…………..believe me……….I was not like that……….I was not intentionally touched her like that…………. She is the girl I love… She is the one I have my deep feelings… I never ruin her………..or touch her without her permission………… I don’t know even now whether it was correct or not to surrender to our feelings at that time………but when she beat me saying like that, my heart crushed for thousands of pieces doctor……….I am heartbroken doctor……………please…………I don’t know what to do doctor……….”

His tears were shining at the edges of his eyes. He tried his best to kept the on his eyes as much as possible in front of the doctor.

“Jay! Calm down. Listen to me now” she said gently.

“First of all, I would grateful to you. The challenge you undertook to be with her is the most important thing for me… I feel Amanda is getting better… She could be with you without fainting…and she could be with you without her childish mind at least for some time. I am not here to judge you…or her… And Amanda is also not in a state to judge you as well. Therefore, do not blame yourself. I know you will not harm her. I believe in you… The things happened between you two will assist her to get heal so soon. Therefore, do not blame to yourself and do not think of running away from her…..” she said to the guy who was still remaining looking down.

“Do you understand me?” she asked again.

“I understand doctor but I am all confused. I do not know how to behave with her here in after. I can bear myself but I can’t reject her and her needs just because of my confusion as well. But seeing her like yesterday, right now I do not know what to do….Actually I feel like lost…” he said helplessly.

“I understand the mind set of yours perfectly, it must be hard for you… It’s not I do not care about your emotions and the situations but my advice is for you is, just behave the way you have been so far with her. She needs you….Her heart knows you Jay…her feelings recognizes you….. The last moment before the accident she had the thoughts only for you…. Even today, though she is sick, she has the same thoughts hiding somewhere… She has not spoken about her accident before, but she did it with you…. Her deep emotions are for you and that’s why you need not to run away from her…. Therefore, as I told you earlier as well… Stay with her. Be with her. Live with her…”

Jay remained the same looking at the doctor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter