Episode 21

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey buddy! What are you doing here?” Jay sat in the cafeteria in front of his old friend with a smile. He felt bit strange to see Taylor alone but he felt glad to see him.

“I wanted to meet you but I was busy with studies. So couldn’t come” he said with a smile.

“Are you going to write the journalism exam again?”

“Yes, Shane too”

“Sounds good” Jay smiled

“Isn’t it your off time now?” Taylor asked watching at his small watch in the hand.

“Yes, I was about to leave”

“Let’s go for a drink then” Taylor said taking his bag and put it in his shoulder.

“Give me a minute. Wait in the exit door” Jay ran towards his cabin and took his bag and again ran towards the exit door quickly. By travelling a taxi, they went to the familiar spot for a drink.

“What about Shane? Won’t he come?” Jay asked ordering few beer cans for them.

“No, he doesn’t know that I am seeing you today. I wanted to ask something from you personally. That’s why I came” He said making Jay curious.

“What is it about Taylor?”

“Jay! We know each other from our childhood and we know each and every behavior of us without a doubt, right?” he said looking at him.

“You are making me fright with the serious tone of you” Jay said seriously.

“Tell me this, Are you alright? Is everything alright with you?”

He asked looking at the guy who was sipping the bear in front of him. Jay stared at his buddy seriously. He knew always, more than Shane, Taylor can realize people so well.

“Regarding what are you asking?”

“The bet and after consequences” Taylor said curiously staring at him. Jay sighed.

“I have a feeling and I noticed too that you are not alright with what happened. I know you too started this with the intention of having a fun but what I can see is this has gone overboard and crossed the limits of you. Am I correct?”

Taylor asked again seriously looking at the guy. In one hand, it was good to have an understanding friend to discuss the matters of the heart but in the other hand, it was so personal and secret to his heart as well.

“You are correct” finally he decided to open his heart to his best buddy.

“The moment I met her at the house when we were there to meet you, that was the time I felt that we all have dealt with a wrong person” Taylor murmured.

“What do you mean by?”

“Girls, someone like her has not born for flirt but for love. I felt it deeply when I saw her on that day. That was the moment I started to think how on earth, you would not confused for someone like her even after having a close skin-ship as well as living in the same apartment.”

Jay felt a gulp stuck in his throat and couldn’t swallow it. He directly looked at his buddy’s eyes which were saying how much he was confused at the moment.

“Taylor!”

“Yes buddy! Go on!”

“I regret…. For the first time in my life, I regret a lot….. I regret for accepting the bet. I regret for making her drag to this . And I regret of not correcting the mistake I did…I am scared to death to correct it feeling what will happen next…. Because I know by now that I did a to her. I don’t know how to correct this but seeing her face every day I feel so much of guilty and pressure inside of me which is so unbearable” Jay finished the glass at once with his last words.

“Jay! Listen man! This is what I wanted to discuss with you….Look here; this is not the first time we all did this kind of thing. You know that very well. Then...What’s so big deal with you? I know she is not a person who suits for something like this ever. As I told you I understood it on that day but it has already happened and over. I don’t think Glen will reveal the secret because it will not make any advantage for him. Since it’s already over and no one has got hurt, why can’t you just let it go and move forward…?”

Taylor asked touching his friend’s shoulder dearly.

“Yes, it has already over but but….I don’t know Taylor, it seems like I will go crazy…And Glen! Yes, he will not reveal anything until I will not be a battle to him. He tries to get her but I am so aware that his intentions over girls. He will hurt her…” Jay said in a lower voice feeling so down. Taylor kept staring at the guy thinking and realizing the facts that he put on to the table.

“Is that matter to you Jay?” he asked.

“What?”

“The fact that Glen is trying to get her…!” Jay stared at him blankly. He couldn’t understand his own.

“Look here! It’s her choice. And she is not a stupid. But I don’t think it would be mattered to you. Why are you feeling so down like this?” Taylor asked digging his buddy’s heart.

“Taylor! I know it should not be mattered with me and the bet has already over. I too don’t know why I feel like this. I really want her to be safe and loved by someone because she deserves it. She is a person who carries her life with lot of scars and I was one of them who added another scar to her. I really want her to be safe with someone else…but not Glen ever!”

Jay stared at Taylor blankly. His eyes were so down and he felt that today he needed to reveal everything burdened in his heart to his buddy.

“Do you want to be that someone to her?” Taylor asked directly looking at his eyes.

“What do you mean by?”

“Jay! I know you. You have not behaved like this before. Therefore, tell me clearly…Do you have any feelings for her?”

A ball of fire just rolled through his heart with his question. He just kept stared at Taylor.

“I don’t know” he said in a lower voice.

“How come you don’t know when you have feelings for someone?”

“Because I never had feelings for anyone” he yelled with a bit shouted tone.

“After my father left my mom and me, I hated every relationship between man and a woman. I know how much of my mom suffered to raise me like this. It was not an easy thing for a woman to raise a child alone. It’s all because of my father. I hate him so much and it made me hate everything. Therefore, I have not seriously felt anything for anyone. Even though I feel like this now, differently than to others, I still don’t know what I am feeling for her”

Taylor pitted his friend’s shoulder gently. He knew already this topic would be hurt him more. As expected it has happened. Jay finished another glass with the sadness he felt.

“Then…Let the time reveal you everything Jay! Do not burden and force you for anything. As a friend, that is what I can tell you. But remember one thing; Once in a while we should obey our hearts, sometimes the answer is with us”

Taylor stood up from the table placing his hand over Jay’s shoulder. Listening to his words Jay looked at him.

“I don’t think I am in a condition to listen to my heart when my mind knows what a I did already” He said revealing his heart finally to friend.

“If you just walk like this…your guilty will make you fall for something deep down this road. Therefore, wake up from this as soonest” Taylor said while paying to the cashier for drinks. Jay didn’t say anything to him as the answer but he felt something in deep in his emotions.

“Let’s go. Today let’s sleep at my place” he put his hand over his shoulders again. They walk towards the door silently.

………………………………..

“Hi Alex! Are you doing well?” Maya sat on the couch rubbing Alex’s head gently.

“Mmmm… I guess so…”

“Hey, what is that glooming tone? Where is your sister?” she asked again with a smile.

“She is in the bathroom”

“Come here, I have something to ask from you” Maya slowly pulled his hand and made him sat next to her.

“Alex!”

“Yes”

“How is Jay! Is he good? Are you friendly with him?” she asked trying to start to dig the hole.

“Yes, I really like him. He is such a friendly brother. These days, I think he is too busy” he said with a smile.

“Really! That’s sound so good to me. Then, how he is with your sister? Are they still fighting?” she asked carefully.

“Ahhh!!!” he dragged his words. Maya noticed a change in his face. Though his eyes were blind, the nervous facial expressions couldn’t be hidden.

“Why? Is something wrong?” she asked. Alex crossed his own fingers and squeezed them thoroughly with the anxiousness. He remembered the night when he heard Amanda’s lonely confession.

“Alex! I know everything, I just want to confirm from you” Maya tried to play a trick with the boy. Hearing that she knew things already, Alex felt bit relief.

“I don’t know much, but I heard something” he whispered. Maya got closer to him.

“Tell me about it”

“One night, my sister came in to our room with fast steps and I heard she closed the door at once. I was not in a sleep. I felt that she was just in the door step. And then she murmured something like this. ‘I feel this burn from the day you kissed me, Jay!’ That’s what I heard”

Maya’s eyes got widened with a surprise. She couldn’t believe what she just heard from Alex. ‘Kiss?’ ‘Ama and Jay kissed?’ she felt so weirdly.

“Is that so?” she asked feeling so odd. “Do not think about it more Alex, May be you have heard something wrong with the sleepy head of you” she said trying to erase it from his head.

“Do not tell about this to anyone and not to your sis, ok…” she rubbed his head telling secretly.

“Ok…But I like if it happens…” Alex stood up from the couch murmuring to himself.

“Maya! Have you come!” Amanda stepped towards her while wiping her hair. Hearing her voice, secretly Alex escaped from them.

“Today is not a good day Maya”

“Why is that?”

“The donor cancelled” Amanda sat next to her.

“Oh no! what? Really? I was having so many hopes for that”

“Me too and Alex as well” Amanda said with a sad face.

“Oh! Is that why he was so gloom….So, what are you going to do?”

“I can’t go on like this Ama, Alex is growing up and he needs his eyes no matter what. I am thinking of asking assistance from my uncle. I heard he is in USA now”

Maya got surprised with her words and in other way she felt how much she was desperate to ask assistance from a person whom she doesn’t like.

“Are you serious about that? Does that mean that both of you will leave here and join with him?” she asked curiously.

“Just having some thoughts. Will see” Amanda said looking at her friend.

“By the way Ama, why did you want me to meet you? Hiding the fact she just got to know from Alex, Maya turned to Amanda.

“Mmmm…Actually I want to ask something from you”

“What is it?”Maya noticed the changing expressions and the seriousness in Amanda’s face bit by bit.

“Maya! I want you to break up with him”

“What?” Maya’s eyes caught her own eye brows with the shock. “What are you talking?” she asked again.

“I know everything about your secret lover. He is Geln Lorenz. A rich playboy who doesn’t value a woman but to play with them. I don’t want you to get hurt Maya, please…Just break up with him. He is not a good one for you”

Amanda caught Maya’s hands gently while telling her. She could see the surprise in her eyes.

“Amanda! What are you talking? How? How did you know about this?”

“Listen! Buried stories don’t need and no help Maya, Since I am telling you, Since I am telling you for your own good, can’t you drop this please…break up with him and do not hang out with him Maya” Amanda pleaded holding her hand looking at her astonished eyes.

“Amanda! You are making me crazy. Out of blue, how on earth are you telling me something like this? I really like him and he treated me good”

“Last Saturday, I know you were with him. I am not going to ask about it Maya, but he is not worth for you. I know him, he is a playboy. Please listen to me” Maya took away her hand from Amanda at once. She felt bit irritation and helplessness at the same time.

“Look Ama! I don’t understand why you are behaving like this. Tell me and explain me everything, so I can understand. And how do you know him?” Maya said bit strictly to her.

“Maya, I got to know him from the party held at Bang Bang. I noticed his behaviors there so well”

“Ama! He told me that he knows you and Jay, he asked me not to tell both of you about this because he is going to surprise you with the news” Maya said looking at her.

“Yes, he surprised me a lot” Amanda gritted her teeth.

“Look Ama! We can’t just criticize people just because we saw few things about them”

“Are you that much like him?”

Amanda’s defeated eyes were so down. She didn’t want to tell everything to Maya and make her hurt. She hid all the things so far and tried to make her mind but seem to be, she is not going to listen.

“Yes, I am”

“Then Listen Maya! He came after me. He is still after me. He wanted me to blend with him and because of me, he approached you. He is trying to use you to get closer to me. The hit and runner was his father. I met Glen today morning and he threatened me saying about you and not to sue his father. That’s how I got to know about this affair. He is someone who does anything to get what he wants. Ask from Jay! He knows everything too”

Amanda caught Maya’s hand once again. A big round a drop of tear was shining in Maya’s eyes sadly.

“I know this would hurt you. That’s why I asked you to simply break up with him without saying all these things. Maya! Do you understand what I am saying? Do you believe me?” Amanda tightened her hands within her. The tear was rolling towards her cheek silently.

“It doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter to me” Maya whispered.

“What? What do you mean by?”

“I don’t care about the past of people. He might be like that in the past but I will make him change. I will do it for sure” Amanda was not able to believe her words. How can someone got blind from the love like this?

“Hey! Maya! Are you crazy? Have you gone nuts? What are you talking?” Amanda yelled at her.

“I like him. I really like him. After our first date, I don’t think I can leave him Ama” she said looking at her.

“What? What is that meaning? Did he do some wrong to you?” Amanda’s eyes got widened with her words. She felt her heart stopped somewhere at once.

“No Ama, nothing like that” Amanda sighed to the air with a relief.

“Then what?”

“I think he has already made me fall for him”

“Maya! Come to your senses” Amanda yelled with frightened expressions.

“Ama! You ask me to come to my senses….But are you in your senses?” Turning straightly to Amanda’s side Maya asked suddenly bit irritatingly.

“What? What is that meaning? Amanda’s eyes got surprised with her words. “What about me?” she asked again with a breaking voice.

“About you and Jay!” Maya could notice the surprise in her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter