Episode 28

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Amy! What is it all about? What is this suitcase? Where are you going?” Jay’s eyes got widened seeing the luggage and both Amanda and Alex dressed well.

“We are going abroad for my surgery” Alex caught Jay’s hand with a big smile in his face.

“What? Surgery? But how? Today? What…what…what is going on? How come I didn’t know anything?” he asked in bit strict voice from her.

“I got the news yesterday night. I contacted my Uncle and he is coming to airport to pick us. You know, since it’s an eye surgery, we have to leave as soon as possible” She said looking at his shocking face.

“But…..”

“Oh! I think the taxi has come. Alex! Go and ask him to wait”

Amanda said interrupting his words. Alex slowly stepped out from them towards the main door when Jay was staring shockingly. He hurriedly got closer to her and caught her shoulders.

“Listen Amy! I know…I very well know that this is important journey. I am enormously pleased to hear. But still……… Is this the way are you going to go? Don’t you think you behave so rudely to me? Why? Tell me why Amy? I was at the next room when you got the news, why couldn’t you come and tell me? Don’t you care about my feelings? Do you know how I feel right now?” he yelled at her. For his much more surprise she was so silent and calm.

“We will be back soon. Don’t worry”

That was what she just said to him. He felt like going crazy with her words and calm reaction. She slowly walked towards him and hugged him softly for a second and moved away. Without being able to understand what was going on, Jay just remained the same until she released her arms from him.

“Then, we will leave” she said while looking at him. She caught the handle of her luggage and slowly stepped out from him towards the main door.

“When will you be back?” he asked with a hurtful heart making her feet stopped at the door step.

“I will call you everyday” she turned and looked at him emptily. He walked towards her and stopped in front of her.

“I will come with you” he said then

“Don’t worry, I will be back soon” she smiled calmly to him and walked from him quickly. With shocking and empty eyes he kept staring at her. His heart was sensing something but it was not clear.

    

……………………………………

“Ama!” Maya ran towards her. She noticed the luggage and their packed bags with them.

“Maya”

“I thought I would miss you” She hugged Amanda and Alex with a smile in the mid of the airport.

“Alex! Congratulations! When you come back you have to recognize me no matter what, right?” Maya said rubbing his head.

“I will sis” he answered with a beautiful smile.

“Amanda!”

“Mmmm”

“Jay! What happened with him?” Maya muttered glaring at her.

“I told him today morning. He got shocked.” she said firmly looking at her.

“Did you speak with him regarding that………that……” Amanda interfered her words at once.

“That betrayal?” she said hurtfully and angrily.

“Yes”

“Not yet”

“Why? I told you to go and ask straightly from him” Maya said shaking her buddy’s arm.

“I didn’t have time for that” Amanda hid her eyes from her.

“Listen to me. I know you so well. What we discussed that night, are you sure you are alright with it? Because while you are cold in your thoughts, here it will burn no matter what” Maya finger point to her heart and asked.

“I don’t know what is right and wrong right now. I don’t know what will happen to me here in after. But I will go ahead with what I decided.” she said firmly looking at her.

“Ama! You know the complete story by now but still you should give him a chance to explain himself to you” Amanda sighed to her words.

“What else I have to get heard from him Maya? My heart aches at its best right now without a stop.” She said looking down.

“Look… If you think, you need to stay there, go ahead with that thought as well. Take a good rest and think calm” Maya said touching her shoulder finally.

“I will be back Maya, I will come back for sure. I have something I must do here. I have been played and deceived so well…What I could have done without returning here?” Maya remained while looking at her face.

“I hope you would not do anything stupid” Maya threw a glance at her best friend knowing her nature and her personality. She is someone who can pretend anything at its best and plan anything which someone never can be thought of.

“Are you ready?” Interrupting their conversation Uncle came towards them with another kind looking gentleman.

“Yes, uncle” Alex responded with the glad smile. But Uncle’s face was not so good. It was so tiresome.

“John, Take Alex with you. Amanda, I want to talk to you before we all leave. There is something you need to know” He said looking at both Amanda and Maya. His face was bit gloom and dark in their sight further.

“Alright, Alex go in with him. I will catch you later in the flight” She said giving his hand to John.

“She is my best friend. She knows everything about me. It’s alright, Go ahead” She said noticing that uncle was looking at Maya awkwardly.

“Ok then… Amanda…Look… what I am going to tell you is something you never expect and imagine. Do not be surprised and please make up your mind to manage your thoughts” Maya and Amanda looked at each other weirdly. Both of them felt that something was stormy would come to their way.

“What is it?” Amanda asked shortly.

“The eyes….the eyes which are going to be donated to Alex….. Those eyes are not anyone else… but yours’ mother !!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Wh…..wha……what….? What are you talking?” Amanda’s broken voice and Maya’s shocking eyes were so much for him to bear. He caught Amanda’s shoulder and tapped in it calmly.

    

“Be calm daughter… It was your mother’s last will. She suffered from a genetic illness where she would end up with a brain death. She left all of you knowing that you all will be burdened with her situation because she has been informed at her later stage she would suffer from Amnesia where she would not recognize any of you…I still guess whether her decision was correct or not to leave all of you but it was her last will to give her eyes after she got to know about the fatal accident… I am sorry, I had to keep my promise with her not to reveal this but I can’t blindly let you go on like this….” He muttered in a light and hurtful voice.

“Ama! Ama! Are you alright?”

Maya quickly caught her body which was shaky and shivering with ongoing situation. Amanda sat on the chair which was next to her. Her eyes were about to burst just as her head but she didn’t cry. Her heart was crushing for thousands of pieces and her body was shivering with the sorrow she felt but she didn’t let single tear to flow down.

“Amanda! Get a hold of yourself. Please….I am telling you this because I want you to stop hating your mother. For last 10 years, she suffered a lot without all of you side by side but she loved you all lot. She wanted to recover from her illness and come back to your family. The purpose of her leaving was that but unfortunately she couldn’t win the disease…” Uncle touched her head and murmured.

“Is this the right time you got to tell me all these things? From the day my mother left, I hate both of you. Because I knew that it was you who helped her to escape from us. Just like that day, today and even tomorrow I will hate both of you no matter what….I am going with you because of Alex but never think that I will forgive you for this… Each and everyone deceiving me and betraying me… Am I th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter