Episode 16

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"If you need anything tell me"

He said in a low voice. She stared at him blankly. She tried move herself in the bed to lie down. Noticing it there, Jay hurriedly came towards her and caught her from her nape and placed his arm around her stomach, holding her softly and made her lie there. Then he gently caught her legs and kept them on the bed with a comfortable manner and covered her with the blanket.

Without words her eyes caught him again. He straightened himself looking at her.

"Are you uncomfortable because of me?" he asked.

"No" Amanda murmured.

"Get some sleep...I will be here. If you need anything tell me"

He said sitting again in the chair. The silence between themselves was really awkward and weird for both of them but both of them were not totally uncomfortable with each other in their corners in the hearts.

Amanda closed her eyes trying to get some sleep. Her heart was sinking with the sadness remembering the entire scenery happened in the whole day. Instead of finding a job, the life has made her slept on a hospital bed. What should she do next....Tears were counting to her closed eyes and ran through her cheeks slowly. In the next second, she heard a warm voice next to her.

"Falling tears will comfort your heart but burden your head which is not good for your condition now. Therefore Sleep now..."

She heard his voice there which made her think that he was watching her all the time. He really wanted to wipe her tears and made her comfort but he was scared. He was totally scared to touch her again after that night. He remained same just looking at her sleeping face and without opening her eyes; Amanda remained the same with the embarrassment.

.............................................

"Get me out.... Please...save me........save me.....father!!! father!!!....please speak to me....father!!!....Oh!... I am bleeding..........father!!!.........help me... help me......."

With the sudden scream, Jay raised his head at once from the bed. He has just kept his head on the bed just before few hours. The clock of the hospital has stated the time was quarter passed three in the dawn. He quickly got up and understood that it was the same dream which she got scared most of the nights. He quickly caught her shoulders and tried to wake her up.

"Amy!!! Amy!!! Wake up.... Amy!!!" he shouted trying his best.

"What's the matter?" nurse ran towards her quickly with a scare.

"Nurse...please bring some water! Quickly! It's an awful nightmare"

Jay yelled her hurriedly. With the help of nurse, he quickly split some water in her face and to her eyes.

"Amy! Wake up... it's alright...it's a nightmare...wake up now..." he shouted remembering the last time he experienced the scared moment with her.

Amanda opened her eyes at once with the fright in her eyes.

"It's alright... it's a nightmare...Ok....you are fine here...."

Jay whispered looking at her. With the help of nurse, he made her sit on the bed and her scream has slowly stopped right then. She again looked at her stomach touching her scar over her top. Her eyes were still frightened and Jay could understand that still she was dreaming about the bleeding. She herself put her hand under her top and touched her own skin. The tears were counting through her eyes with the fright in it.

"It's a nightmare...you are not bleeding...ok...you are alright....can you see me? I am here...Ok...." Jay said bending towards her and sat on the bed next to her.

"Bleeding? What is it?" The nurse asked shockingly.

"It's a common nightmare she used to see. Thank you...She will be alright" he said looking at her. Nodding her head, Nurse left them slowly.

"Are you alright now? You have completely awakened now, haven't you?" he asked looking at her. She nodded her head while letting her tears to fall down.

Feeling the drown in his heart in the deep down dark, emotions of wanting to hold her in his warm chest for a while and thoughts of comforting her rubbing her head until she would fall sleep were fighting inside of him badly. But he scared....he scared to touch her again like before... he scared to feel this melting again and again for her...he truly scared to feel his fluttering heart towards her again and ever....

Amanda covered her face from her hands. She cried until her heart got calm. The person who was in front of her sitting there was her comfort zone in the past. Just like she let him to hold her, just like she let her heart to comfort hiding in his warm chest, just now, she wanted to hide in his embrace. But...she didn't...actually she couldn't.... She scared to move to him again...She scared to lose her senses again...she scared even to think something awkward happening in between them again....

Jay's hand slowly spread towards her when the seconds were passing with her cry. He really wanted to comfort her like he did earlier days. But........but................he restrained himself at once. He quickly got down from her bed and sat on the chair and sighed.

Noticing his withdrawal from the bed, she wiped her eyes and stared at him with pretended strong eyes.

"Take me home.....right now" she said in a strong voice looking at him. He shuddered with her command at once.

"It's already dawn. By evening, let's go home for sure" he said confirming himself that he would be going to do it for her.

"No... I want to go home now, right now" She said again commanding him like old days.

"I know how hard it's for you to stay in a place like this...Just hold on few hours....I promise I will take you home...."

He said trying to convince her. Without answering him, she just kept staring at him with blank eyes.

........................................

As promised Jay reached the hospital in the evening for her discharge. Noticing that Maya was outside of the ward, he walked towards her. He really wanted to aware that what was happening with Amanda before meeting with the accident. With the brief explanation he got today afternoon from Maya's phone call, he has totally irritated with her stupid reactions.

At once his phone began to ring.

'Beep...beep....beep.....'

"Are you coming today to meet us?" He heard his best friend's exciting voice. Jay sighed to the air.

"Yes, I will come tonight but I will be late" he said blankly.

"It's Ok... we will wait. Bring the video Jay!" Shane said with an enthusiasm.

"I am hanging up" Jay disconnected the line with a burdened mind. He felt that the whole world was going crazy with his thoughts. Taking a deep breath he walked towards Maya.

"Maya Sis!" he called her stood behind.

"Oh ! You came!" she explained everything which Amanda told her about the accident and before incidents noticing the irritation in Jay's face.

"What? Is that true?" With widened eyes Jay asked from Maya leaning to the hospital wall. He has totally forgotten where he was with the loud noise of him.

"Hey...Don't shout" Maya beat his arm. He stared at her and sighed.

"Jay! Listen! I know you also think what I am thinking right now...But I have scolded her enough for today even without thinking her condition" Maya said looking at him.

"It is better if you didn't tell me this. I know she is stubborn but I never thought that she is a fool like this" Maya nodded her head for accepting his words.

"I know but since both of you are roommates, I thought that you also would know how she has got in to this accident. At least if she would ask from me, then I may have told her not to go there....." Jay stared at her blankly but his thoughts were truly angry with Amanda's stupidity.

"Actually... Jay! That place only concerns about the figure of a girl nothing else" she said sighing to the air.

With the help of the nurses and attendants, Maya and Jay made Amanda sat on the back seat of the car which he has hired. He slowly drove towards the home but silently. Time to time, he watched at both of girls behind from the front mirror. Everything was clear for him knowing what has happened. The reasons she has board Alex at school, the reason she roamed everywhere to find a job, the reason she met with the accident was so much clear for him as crystal clear. It was nothing else but her dislike of joining with Bang Bang as the song writer not because of anyone but because of him.

'Does she hate me that much? That much even not to feel the air where I am?' he thought while driving which made his heart felt down at once.

He stopped the vehicle in front of the gate and got down from it.

"Maya sis, take her clutches and other stuff. I will take her in" he said while opening the door of Amanda's side.

"Ahh!! Ok" Maya murmured.

"And if you can please open the gate and the door too" he said again. Without speaking anything Amanda just stared at both of them time to time.

"I will use clutches and walk home" At the moment he put his head inside the car and tried to hold her, she muttered embarrassingly.

"Just hold me tight"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter