Episode 34

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uncle! Have you come? How do I look like?” Sara ran towards Jay when they arrived to ‘HEALING HOME’. She has worn a beautiful fairytale frock with a shining crown.

“You look gorgeous my beauty” Jay half knelt in front of her rubbing her small cheeks.

“Thank you” She smiled lovely. “Where is Aunty?” Sara asked then catching Jay’s hand.

“She said she needs to visit someone. She must be inside”

“Ahhhh! That must be our Teacher!” Jay sat in the couch keeping her hand in his palm. His students have already gone to performance hall to get ready.

“Teacher! Do you have a teacher?” he asked calmly.

“Yes. We have. She is so beautiful. Do you want to see her? You will fall for her with one glance” Little girl asked winking an eye towards Jay. He laughed to her behaviors.

“Ha ha ha haaa….. It’s alright” he just said calmly.

“By the way ! You look more handsome with your spectacles” she said again looking at the handsome face of him.

“Is it? Thank You” he smiled to her.

“Yes. Uncle! Do you have a girl friend?” she asked secretly moving to his ears. He smiled to her.

“No. I have no one” he said with the same smile looking at those childish facial expressions of her.

“Really?”

“Mmmmm” Jay murmured remembering Amanda’s face at once. Yes, she was his first and last love.

“What kind of a girl, do you like Uncle?” she asked again. Seemed to be there is no stopping for this girl.

“A beautiful girl who has dimples in her both cheeks with shining eyes and a long hair” he said with an enthusiastic smile.

“Really? Wow!!!!!!! Then today is your lucky day”

“Today? Why?” He asked bit surprisingly.

“You should meet our teacher. She also has dimples in both her cheeks with shining eyes. But her hair is short” She said with much more enthusiasm.

“Really?” Jay felt bit surprised for sure.

“Yes. They said in the past she had a long hair but after the accident her hair has been cut off because she has undergone with a brain surgery”

“That’s so sad to hear” he murmured.

“Yes. But still she is so beautiful” Jay smiled with her. He was feeling empty even now.

“I think we should go and join with others” he stood up taking her hand with him.

“Hmmm…. My dance is the first item”

He stepped towards the ceremony hall with Sara. When other kids were practicing behind the stage Sara escaped from his hand and ran towards them. He felt sympathy seeing them there. He knew that each and every kid was there has some kind of mental issue.

Jay has already got the list of songs in his hand. The last performance was there named under ‘Teacher’. He remembered the things which Sara mentioned to him a while ago. He smiled to the paper.

Ceremony commenced. Leading the way, Jay began his music with his students. Like a fairy angel Sara’s dance was the first performance. The audience has filled with the parents and relations of the kids. With warm applauses Kids were performing their talents on the stage.

For unknown reason Jay was curious about to see the ‘Teacher’. The only girl with dimples and shining eyes was ‘her’ he has known in his life. When the presenter was announcing about the last item he was so keen to hear.

“The last performance is from Ms. Anderson who is the Teacher of our kids”

The last words stuck in his head. ‘Ms. Anderson?’ Her surname was also ‘Anderson’ he felt uneasy for a moment.

    

With a beautiful sleeveless white frock the girl was entering to the stage from the side of audience. She climbed the few steps slowly and a microphone was in her hand. Sitting in the side of the stage with his students and their instruments, He kept looking at the way she was coming there shockingly. His heart has already begun to thump and his eyes has already glued to the image of her.

‘Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ He called her name silently within him.

Who else have those beautiful dimples and shining eyes? As Sara said her hair has cut short.

‘They said in the past she had a long hair but after the accident her hair has been cut because she has undergone with a brain surgery’

‘An accident? A Brain surgery?’ He felt like dumb and stoned reminding those words of little girl about her Teacher. He has not known what has truly happened but seeing her short hair like that, he felt that his heart was crushing in to pieces.

“Sir! We should start” He came alive with a voice of his student. He sensed that she has not noticed him there as he did. With the same lovely smile she was waiting for the music to sing her song.

“Ahh! Yeah…yeah….!” Jay started to play the guitar giving the interlude to her. It was a kid’s song. ‘Why is she singing a kids’ song?’ He thought weirdly. It was like in a dream he played the guitar. May be it’s his talent but his eyes and his mind was not there except in the image of her.

With the applause of the audience he fell again to the real world. She turned back towards the music team.

“Thank You”

Her voice and her gentle tone have not changed a little bit. Though her long hair has cut short, her pure beauty has not vanished for a second. He remained the same like a statue seeing how she was climbing down from the stage. The stage curtain got closed just in the moment when his heart got opened.

“You all pack the instruments including my guitar as well and return home. Do not wait for me” he said finally deciding on something.

He stepped away from the ceremony hall and walked towards the garden. Now he knew that she lives here. The ‘Teacher’ whom Sara talked about, the ‘Girl’ whom his mother always talked about was no one but her. All the time, she has been so closed by to him but he didn’t aware.

“Jay! Is this you?” He turned back from another familiar voice. He was surprised to see her.

“Maya sis!” he murmured looking at her with surprised eyes.

“Jay! Where were you? We looked for you everywhere. Last two years, it was so hectic Jay…. Where were you?” Maya’s facial expressions were like crying and sorrow.

“Have you been well? What were you doing all these times? Jay! Do you hear me?” she asked again and again.

“Tell me…What happened to her? I heard about an accident and brain surgery…What are these all about?” Without answering her questions he asked from her with much of curiosity. His eye brows have gone wild and his expressions were like who has heard a ghost story from someone else.

“It’s true. Glen got handicapped losing his leg and Amanda………….Our Ama…..My friend……….!!!!!!!!!!” She started crying covering her face from her hands.

“Maya sis!!!!!! Please………please……….. Tell me……..” he held her shoulders and shook them continuously. Maya wiped her face and looked at him.

“Let’s sit somewhere” She said.

Both of them sat on a bench in the garden. Maya explained each and every thing to him. From the day she got his text massage about leaving forever and how Amanda has gone out with Glen and how they have met with an accident and how they were injured and so on, she explained time to time crying and weeping.

Everything was being listening by him silently. He didn’t have strength to raise his head anymore. He knew the tears were shedding through his cheeks without a second. He could still remember the day he saw her last behind the curtain of her house.

“Amanda didn’t wake up for six months after the surgery and she was in a Comma. But one fine day she opened her eyes and she looked like better. She recognized everyone and she didn’t have any memory loss as well. But just before she discharged, some weird symptoms were showing from her. She was acting like a child. In early days, sometimes she forgot to go to bath room and she ended up ………………………..” Maya stopped her words and wiped her eyes once again. She noticed how he was listening to her silently. She again began.

“She is doing well now than before. Now she can do her work but back then she was not able to notice what a young girl should do. She is much better now but still she acts like a child sometimes. Doctors said she is getting better.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter