Episode 36

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He started cooking for both of them. He has done this several times when his mother was super busy at the restaurant. But this time it was different in his heart. He was cooking for her… Jay has already shifted to his mom’s room when she left today morning. Since Amanda was in a sleep Mrs. Ranson has not attempted to wake her up.  Both of them knew that the medicine she takes at nights was making her sleep till late in the morning.

“Aunty!!!”

With her voice he fell to the real world at the next second. She was coming to the kitchen like other days looking for his mom. The blue T shirt and the short skirt with a pony-tale were highlighting her innocent beauty in his eyes. He felt the light heart beat inside of him.

Noticing his presence at the kitchen Amanda’s feet stopped right there. She came to her senses that Mrs. Ranson has already gone to the village. She remained the same looking at Jay holding the pole in the kitchen wall. There were few steps of gap between them.

He knew he couldn’t hide anymore. He knew he could not ignore her anymore. As mother said he needs to face this and support her to get heal. He raised his voice.

“Amy!!!!!!”

Amanda’s grip on the pole got tightened. She felt the same pain in the head but she didn’t run away. Instead of that she remained holding the pole tightly to the extent where her veins were even popped out in hand.

“Amy! Are you alright?” he asked again with a shattering heart.

Without answering him she held her head in the next second. She felt her knees were getting weakened and weakened when she slowly felt down in her knees to the floor. Jay hurriedly ran towards her even without noticing the knife which was in his hand fell to the floor. He sensed that she was about to fall to the ground. He quickly come to her way and caught her from the back.

“Amy!!! Amy!!!”

He called her name when she was in his arms. Her forehead has already wet from sweat and her breathing was so high but he sensed that she has not fainted yet. He hurriedly held her in his arms and stood up from the floor. Carrying her safely he entered to her room and kept her on the bed. Taking some water he spread over her face. Amanda opened her eyes from her half unconsciousness situation and noticed his presence next to her.  His face was above from her and he has seated on the bed next to her.

Noticing she was looking at him Jay thought to talk to her. He wanted to make sure that she is safe at this house. But before all over them he sensed that her fingers was coming towards his face which made him excited and astonished.

With bigger eyes, Amanda spread her hand towards his face. She could only see his face now. Till her fingers would get in touch with his handsome cheeks she spread her hand towards there. Her fingers were starting to run through his cheeks making him wave after so long. The softness of her fingers were deeply touched his heart making him nervous at the same time. It was the first time he felt her touch after two years.

“Amy!!! Are you alright?” he asked looking at her. Her widened eyes were so questionable when he sensed his poor heart was so nervous at the same time. He let her fingers to run over his cheeks and let him to feel the waves of his heart as well. Bit by bit, the questionable eyes and the excited facial expressions of her were getting change in to something different. Without being able to understand, he remained same next to her sitting there looking at her deeply.

“Your nose is so funny. Why it is so sharp?” Touching his nose she smiled in the next second making him surprised. She was laughing.

“Huh!!!” he muttered without being able to understand the situation.

“Your nose is the best for a clown nose” she smiled again touching it. Amanda sat on the bed and got closer to his boy and saw through his eyes.

“Amy! Can you remember my name?” Understanding bit by bit, he asked with a shaky heart.

“Yes, I know. You are Jay” she said taking her fingers from him and biting them putting in .

“Ok…Then….tell me… who am I of yours?” he asked then looking at her closely.

“Ahhhhhhh!!! If she is my aunty, then you are my uncle” she laughed like a child..

“Uncle!!!” he repeated her word.

For a moment, jay recalled Sara. She was also like this when she was with him. Without answering him back Amanda smiled to him. He reminded the tablets at once in the next moment. Opening the small drawer of her cupboard he hurriedly took a tablet and gave it to her.

“Swallow this Amy” he said helplessly.

Like a child, she swallowed it and drank the cup of water which he gave her. The drops of water were pouring from the corners of which gave massive shock in Jay’s heart helplessly looking at her. He quickly got closer to her and wiped but the water has already split over her T shirt. He took the one of a hanging cloth form the rack and gave it to her hand.

“Wipe yourself” he said gently.

“Huh!!!” Amanda stared at him while biting her nails again. Taking the cloth from her hand, Jay began to wipe her T shirt helplessly. He sensed a storm of sadness and the helplessness were tightening and coming over within him. He felt like crying in front of her with the sadness seeing her like that.

“Uncle!!! I am hungry” Making him fell to the real world she said like a kid.

“Mmmmm… have a nap. I will make something for you” he said rubbing her head when the tears were dancing in the edge of his eyes.

He hurriedly stepped away from her when he was unable to bear his tears. For his surprise, the medicine she took right now has not worked yet. If it has worked then she would not have called him uncle. He took his mobile and dialed the doctor and explained.

With what the doctor explained he was stoned and stunned.

“What? Then here in after…………..?” he stopped his words.

“Mental disorders can change to different aspects time to time. I expected this kind of change from her when she would start to see you. Don’t worry, be with her… This condition also will change with the time. This is real condition of her… ‘Immature behavior disorder’…. The medicine will not help her anymore…. Her mind has begun to make her confused because she recognized you in her memories… She will be back to her real and fake mentality time to time…. Let her to be with you and assist her to feel her emotions with you… Then she will release from this childish behaviors bit by bit”

Doctor’s explanation was like a dream to him. How one earth he could be with her and ………………..!! Jay disconnected the line and kept the phone in his pocket. His mind was so messed up. Remembering that she was hungry he started to cook something for her.

She was at least fainted with a headache when she saw him earlier but now…. Hasn’t it got worse? He couldn’t understand the psychological facts but only thing he could realize was that this would be going to really hard for both of them no matter what….

 

……………………………………..

 

“I like music” Amanda took his guitar in her hand and threw a smile at him. He smiled back to her gently while preparing the table for both of them.  He remembered how she was readying the table for him and Alex in old days. Jay sighed to the air.

“You should eat now. You can play the guitar later” he said trying to take the guitar from her hand.

“Nooooooooooo…. It’s mine” she tightened it to her chest like a child.

“Amy!” he tried to take it again from her. She stood up from the table and ran towards the living room with the guitar.

“Hey! Stop”

Jay ran behind her and caught her T shirt from back when she was about to run through the main door. He hurriedly pushed her back to him with the guitar in her hand. Amanda pulled back towards him without a wait. She laughed when she was being pushed back towards him like a kid. It was like a childish game to her. She turned towards him and tightened the small guitar to her once again.

“Give it to me” he said with a smile to her.

“No…Uncle… no…..” she stepped back from him one step by step to her behind smiling to him. Her smile was always beautiful in his sight. Her gorgeous dimples were spreading the arrows to his heart. But hearing ‘Uncle’ he has fallen down already.

“Let’s eat first and then will play the music…. Ok……..” he said trying to take the guitar from her hand.

“Nooooo” she smiled once again and stepped back from him till her back touched the wall waving her head side to side. He stepped towards her and caught the guitar with the same smile.

“If you give me the guitar I will give anything you ask” he said trying to deal with a child

“Anything!” she asked curiously.

“Yes, anything”

“Ok…. Then……”

She released her hand tightened from the guitar and handed it over him. Jay took the guitar from her hand and made it leaned to the wall.

“What do you want?” he asked placing his hands in his pockets. Amanda threw a childish smile to him first, and then she talked.

“Money!” she murmured looking at him.

“Money for what?”

“To buy something” she said bending her head bit.

“Buy what?”

“It’s a secret” she said smiley.

“Alright! How much?” he asked then.

“One dollar” she said excitingly.

Hearing her answer and feeling the sweetness of the immature mind a nice smile came to his face. He smiled looking at her. Amanda remained there looking at his smile. That smile felt like familiar to her heart suddenly. Instead of these childish expressions her facial expressions were getting change bit by bit to a serious mood.

“You need only one dollar!! Ha Ha ha….. You are so funny”

He said while smiling to her. Just like today morning she spread her hand towards his face and let her fingers touched his cheeks, she spread her hands towards his cheeks and touched him at once. With the sudden touch and noticing her mature expressions in face, something cold like ice rolled towards his spine fading away his smile towards her.

He recognized that gaze. He recognized those expressions. Her eyes and her glare were familiar to him. Their close distance between each other sensed like something so chilly in his heart. He sensed that he was waving with her touch.

“Your smile is so beautiful” she said looking at those eyes.

“Amy!!!”

He gently caught her hand which was on his cheeks and called her name. His eyes were drowning within her sight when she felt like losing herself for a second. She broke the gap between them and got closer to his face.

“Jay!!!”

He called her name with her old familiar loving tone. It was like, after ling time she has found him. The burden and the weight in his heart were like shattering to pieces

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter