Episode 35

Let Me Awaken - HyunJoong- ShinMinah version
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amanda opened her eyes with a headache. She noticed that she was on the hospital now. A familiar image was there next to her.

"Aunty!" she whispered in a lower voice.

"Amanda! Are you feeling better now?" Mrs. Ranson asked taking her hand on her.

"Yes I am" She sat on the bed looking at her.

"Amanda, One day you told me that you would love to live in the outside world apart from here. Is it still the same?"

"Yes. I love to" she said with her nice smile

"Then, do you like to stay with me?" Mrs. Ranson asked tightening her hand gently.

"Really? Can I?" she asked surprisingly but happily.

"Yes, I spoke to the doctor. She gave her permission and if you would like then you can move with me"

"Yes. I love to Aunty" she said with the same nice smile.

"I have already spoken to your friend Maya. She said she would visit my house when you move there." Mrs. Ranson said gently. She was aware that Amanda didn't know the relationship of Jay and her. It's really challenging but she wanted to give a try on behalf of her son and for this innocent girl as well.

"Let's leave tomorrow morning. Pack all your stuff. I will see you tomorrow then" Mrs. Ranson stood up from the chair with a smile. She rubbed her head and walked away from her towards the exit of the hospital room. Her eyes caught his son who was leaning to the wall keeping his head on there with closed eyes. She got closer to him and noticed her son's mentality right now.

"Jay!"

Jay opened his eyes and glared at his mother. He knew that she was there after convincing Amanda to live with them.

"Tomorrow I will take her home" She said looking at him.

"Mom! Do you think this will work? She doesn't know that I am your son and we all are going to live under one roof. She fainted seeing me while screaming. What will happen when she sees me again?" he asked painfully.

"You think too much. Tell me this... don't you really want to take her home?" Jay felt dumb with her question. Only he knew how much he wanted to see her badly.

"That's not relevant here Mom" he murmured.

"Let's go home. Everything will be alright" she said understanding his mentality and dumb expressions finally.

..........................................

"Doctor!" Amanda stepped in to doctor's room in next morning. She was pleased to step out to outside world after two years.

"Come and sit" She sat in front of her.

"Are you all packed?"

"Yes doctor!"

"Before you leave I need to tell you something so important" She said with a serious mood.

"The first step of the healing of a mental disorder is to know about the disorder. As you know and as I have educated you before, your mind tries to behave like immature time to time. Do you know that? Right?"

"Yes, Doctor" she murmured.

"The incident happened yesterday was one of a big turning point in your situation. Do you like to speak about it with me?" Doctor asked gently.

"No.... I do not like"

"Why?"

"When I try to remember it even, I feel like getting headache and weakened my body as well" she said looking down.

"Alright. Then I am not going to ask anything about it. But let me tell you something" She remained staring at the doctor helplessly.

"You need to overcome your mind. Without letting your mind to control you, you need to control your mind first. That person, you need to see him, meet him and talk to him as well. An if you can, live with him as well.........You will feel restless and weakened at first but if you determine and then work out hard then your mind will obey you bit by bit. That person is the key of your healing. Medicine can't do everything. The love you lost and the peace you are missing are needed to be taken back to your life. Keep in mind; though it would difficult you need to try your hard Amanda!!! I am sending you to her because she will help you to get recovered. Do you understand what I am saying?"

Amanda nodded her head obediently. She was overall confused with her situation. She knew that yesterday whole night she was not able to sleep a bit. Jay's face was in her mind time to time making her head pain severely.

She stepped out from doctor's office calmly.

'That person, you need to see him, meet him and talk to him as well. And if you can, live with him as well.........'

She recalled doctor's words one by one. She felt like her head was paining again and again. Things are getting messed up one by one there.... She wanted to sit on the floor. So she did. Without thinking twice she sat on the floor in the door step at once. The small stones one by one in front of her were taken in her hand and she started to count them like a child.

"Amanda! Swallow this pill" 

With auntie's words she raised her head. She took the tablet and swallowed it at the next second. Mrs. Ranson assisted her to rise from the floor and led her in to the taxi. She asked the driver to bring her bags with him. Amanda felt like sleeping and confused. She kept her head on the seat and closed her eyes.

'You will see her immature behaviors time to time when she was trying so hard to bring back her memories and be alive. Give her one tablet from this at that time. But if Jay can make her live without letting her behave as immature and faint then these tablets no need to be taken'

When the taxi was travelling towards her house, Mrs. Ranson reminded doctor's words like such. She stared at the girl who was in a sleep next to her in the taxi.

They travel near to one hour. When they were getting closer, Amanda opened her eyes.

"Aunty!"

"Have you woken up?" she asked with a smile.

"I think I felt sleep" she said wiping her face.

"That's alright. We are closer by now"

Taxi driver helped them to take her bag inside the house. Amanda got down from the taxi and stepped in to the house with Mrs. Ranson. The house was not that much big but clean and neat in everywhere. Her eyes caught a photo frame which was on the desk.

"Jay!!!!" She murmured looking at the pictures where Mrs. Ranson and Jay were portrayed in there with smiles.

"Amanda! Don't be surprised. He is my son" Mrs. Ranson stood behind her and whispered. She turned back to her at once with a shock.

"Jay!!!" she whispered again looking at the photo.

'That person, you need to see him, meet him and talk to him as well. And if you can, live with him as well.........'

She recalled doctor's words again. She was confused and complicated when she sat on the chair at once holding her head tightly.

"Amanda!!!" Mrs. Ranson knelt down in front of her and held her hands.

"Try to come to your senses. Live with us from today onward. You will be alright so soon" she said gently. Amanda looked at her frightfully.

"No....I can't... I can't.... I am scared....I can't...." she began to weep. "I will not be alright. I can't see him... I will be sick again and again... I can't...." she wept continuously.

"Let's go to your room" Mrs. Ranson held her arm and raised her with much of difficulty. She felt depressed about the girl seeing how much she was helpless.

"If you do not like to see him he will not appear in front of you. Don't worry" She said kindly to her. Amanda sat on the bed trying to be calm.

"This is your room. Make yourself comfortable here. Today you take a good rest. Tomorrow, let's go for shopping both you and me" Amanda nodded her head. Mrs. Ranson smiled to her gently.

"Aunty!"

"Mmmm!"

"Nothing!!!!" she murmured. Something she wanted to ask but she herself was not clear what it was.

"I need to prepare things to my restaurant. Take a rest and have a shower. Let's eat something good for dinner"

She left her there with a smile. When Mrs. Ranson left Amanda looked around the room. She felt it was occupied before by someone but was not neat that much.

She recalled the photo frame she saw in the living room. She felt restless bit by bit remembering it. Her mind was not strong enough to think and take a decision whether she would live here or leave. The level of taking decisions was bit hard for her with her current situation.

She lied on the bed. The bed sheets and the pillows were new but she felt some familiarity which was unknown to her right then. She closed her eyes. The medicine she took an hour ago was still making her sleepy. She wanted to sleep a bit and enter to a new dreamy world.

....................................

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter