Family instinct

My Umma and Appa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyeon’s pov…

 

Thanks to Taeyeon sunbae, I pass the singing test, with high praise too. Our instructor says that my singing improves and my delivery became much clearer. My private coaching of Ms. Taeyeon spread throughout the whole YG, courtesy of Uncle Seungri. That’s why the other trainees hate me more. 

Good thing not all. Hyerin one of the new trainee, she talks to me regularly and ask me for help sometimes. That’s why some of the older one’s bully her too. 

“You know you are really lucky.” Hyerin said to me. It was the start of the training and it was dance. “The other sunbae’s like’s you so much. G-dragon sunbae always ask you to sing the guide tracks of his songs, TOP sunbae even treat you for a snack.”

“So? It’s not like I ask them to do that.” I said to her. “And it’s not like I have fun going with them. Well singing the guide song is fun, but eating snacks with TOP sunbae, is noting fun. He uses me as a scapegoat to escape his diet. He even said that it was me who bought all of the foods.” I told her as I remember the time me and uncle TOP was caught by YG’s head trainer.

“Really? You know the other trainees said this, that out of the new trainees you have the highest chance to debut early. Even I agree to them. You have the talents, the looks and the attitude.” Hyerin said bowing her heads.

“It’s not like it will happen.” I said to her. “Beside you sang better than me unnie, you just need to focus on holding the high note’s better.” I said to her.

We were just goofing around when the instructor came in. We then line up and of course me and Hyerin was pushed at the back of the group again. But I was shocked when the instructor called my name.

“Jiyeon-shi, CEO Yang wants to talk to you.” He said to me.

“Me? What for Sir? I ask him.

“I don’t know. He didn’t tell me. Just go to the meeting room.” He said to me.

As I went out of the training room I heard my other co trainees saying that I must have done something wrong, or the CEO will kick me out. But despite all of this Hyerin said good luck to me with a smile made me think positive.

The truth is I’m very nervous. What if my little spying at the CEO’s office was caught? Man I’m dead.

As I reach the meeting room, I hesitated to come in at first but somebody push me inside.

“Don’t block the door Kid.” As I turn around I saw my Appa, and Ms. Kim.

“What are you doing here Sunbae, Ms. Kim?” I ask them.

“You will know later so go inside first.” Ms. Kim said.

I went inside and saw CEO Yang there so I greeted him first.

“Jiyeon-shi… you might be confused why you are here so, I will let Jiyong here explain it to you.” CEO Yang said

“Aishh hyung why do I need to explain this?” Appa said.

“Because you’re the one who suggested it.” CEO Yang countered.

“Hey Kid, you are here because Jiyong wanted you to feature in our collaboration album.” Ms. Kim said to me.

“Really?” I ak in shock.

“Of course… beside you have been doing guide tracks for my song’s and your voice will be great harmonizing with Taeyeon here.”  Appa said to me.

“So for the meantime, you will be getting separate training. The recording is still on hold because Jiyong haven’t written the song.” CEO Yang said. “So Jiyeon-shi you can go back to your training. Then tomorrow you will start your training.”

I then stand up and went to the training room. Much for my surprise the training had ended and they all eating lunch. So I went down to the cafeteria and I saw Hyerin sitting alone again. After Ms. Kim have taught me, Hyerin and I always eating together.

“Hey Jiyeon what did the CEO says?” She asks me.

“They ask me to feature in one of Jiyong sunbae’s songs.” I said to her.

Which of course there are some trainees heard of me, and I felt them staring at me and it really becoming comfortable.

“Really? Wow, you are just a new trainee like me but you will be feature in a song already.” Hyerin said excitedly.

“Jiyong sunbae recommend me, and it’s not like I will going to promote with him.” I said to her.

“Hyerin… I will be getting separate training starting tomorrow. So I won’t be there to protect you now.” I said to her. Except for my friends back in my time, Hyerin is the first one I become close too who is around my age.

“Yah! I’m strong beside I’m happy that I met you here. I will be also practicing my hard so I can catch up on you.”

We were chatting when my Appa,, with Uncle Seungri and Uncle Daesung.

“Hey can we sit here?” My appa said and Hyerin just stared that, three Big Bang members were sitting across her.

“Sure.” I said to them coolly. “Hyerin meet Big Bang, Big Bang meet Hyerin.” I introduced them to each other.

“Oh I recognized you in the audition. You were the one who sang one of Gummy noona’s songs” Uncle Daesung said to her. “The rendition was amazing.”

Hyerin couldn’t speak and just thanked him.

“Yeon-ah…” Appa called me. “Helped me with the lyrics writing tomorrow, I wanted the song to be perfect so come to my studio later ok.”

“Will Ms. Kim be there?” I ask him.

“Yup, don’t worry I already told Sica that I will be the one bringing you to her apartment tomorrow.” He said to me.

“Hyerin was silently spazzing and when the three BB members were called out, she couldn’t contain her giddiness and she almost bruises me. It turns out Uncle Daesung was her favorite male singer and she really appreciate that she was recognized by him. Her fighting spirit was on fire and promise that she will too have a duet with uncle Daesung.

“So you like Daesung sunbae?” I ask her.

“It’s not like, more on respected. When I listen to his slow ballads it melts my heart, and made me want to be a singer too. If you could say Daesung sunbae is my inspiration.” She said to me.

We both enter the training to start another round of training but in my surprise some of the old trainees talk to us and ask what we talked about with Big Bang sunbaes. After we told them, they all just dispersed, and the training resume.

 

The next day I was about to start with my training when Jiyong appa forcefully drag me to his recording studio and there I met Ms. Kim who is not really in a good mood.

“Okay… now that you are here we can now start.” Appa started. “So what kind of song you two want to sing?” he ask us.

“Why are you asking us? You’re the songwriter here.” Ms. Kim said to him.

“Hey Taeng, the song would be more meaningful if you two get involved besides, it’s not like lyrics would magically appear.” He said to Ms. Kim.

“Uhmm, we can do a family song?” I suggested.

“Yah Kid… Are you serious?” Ms. Kim said to me. “People will surely try to give meaning to the song if we make one. They will say that I have a relationship with this guy.” She said.

“Hey you make it sound like it was a bad thing.” My appa said to her. “Beside it’s not really a bad thing, we are now in a marrying age so that kind of song, are not uncommon.”

“Yah I’m still young ok!” Ms. Kim said angrily.

I was watching them argue, and there is something that really bothers me. Appa’s smile when he is with Ms. Kim is different. He seems genuinely happy. The sparks on his eyes tells me that he like Ms. Kim Taeyeon. On the other hand, Ms. Kim, even though she argue with my dad a lot she seems very relaxed. She even avoided any eye contact with Appa and Appa treats it as a fun game and purposely tries to look directly to her eyes.

Is Ms. Kim my real mother? Some of the YG staff and artists say that I look like her. I thought but still I really don’t like it. I mean my aunty said my mom is her very first friend and a best friend too. Someone she trust and not someone like Ms. Kim.

“See it’s working, bit by bit.” Appa said to us, it’s already dinner time. “I can ask Teedy and Kush hyung to help me give me melody to this and we are all set.”

“Ji, I really think this is not a good idea.” Ms. Kim says again. “Our fans will really misunderstand the meaning of this song.”

“Yah we made this song, besides Jiyeon will do her best. I’ll tell you this will top the charts.” Appa said.

“Wait, isn’t this just a filler song?” I ask. “You know just to fill up an album.”

“Well… This will be one of the lead songs, and the first song I ask you to sing the guide tracks. These two will be the lead singles for the album.” Appa said to me.

“Because of that this song will have an MV, and be broadcasted too. Of course we will perform it in music shows too.” Ms. Kim said to me.

“Don’t sweat about the small details.” Appa said casually again. “Hey are hungry?” He then asked. And the two of us nodded.

Appa then went outside to call for a delivery. Inside there was an awkward silence.

“Hey… what happen to your test?” Ms. Kim said to me.

“Of course I ace it. She even said that I improved faster than anyone.” I said proudly. “Thank you again Ms. Kim.”

“Can you call me Ms. Taeyeon rather than Ms. Kim It sounded so weird.” She said.

“Okay, Ms. Taeyeon.” I said to her. “Uhmm… You and Jiyong oppa… what is your relationship with each other?” I suddenly blurted out.

“Why do you ask?” She asks me.

“Nothing… it’s just that, Jiyong oppa seems happy when he is with you.” I said to her. “Jiyong oppa, he seems stress about a lot of things but whenever you came here to record he became happy.” I said to her.

“We are not really in that kind of relationship. He’s just happy that he could tease me.” Ms. Taeyeon said casually.

I just hope it’s like that…

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov…

 

I don’t know why but being with Jiyeon for the whole day, made me realize something. She really looks like Jiyong and me combine. I only heard of this from the other YG staff and trainees, even Seungri and Daesung said to me that Jiyeon looks like me.

Her style of singing roughly similar to mine, and her style of rapping are similar to Jiyong as well. The creepiest fact about it is that, why do I sense a blood relations with her when she is a Jung.

I brush of the thoughts and just focus on doing the things we need to do, and that is to write the lyrics of this song. I purposely cancel my schedules for today just to come here. It’s not really bad thing because I hate the schedule being lined up for me today, and sitting here resting is much more convenient.

Jiyeon, is a hard headed girl, and very outspoken. She never hesitate on speaking what’s on her mind and sometimes we just laugh when she stubbornly insist on something then she realize that she made a mistake.

From time to time I teach her how to sing properly and she will just try to ignore me and we ended up fighting. In the long run of the argument she will just agree and, I will just smile and pat her on the head.

I don’t know why but it feels lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter