Jiyeon’s day...

My Umma and Appa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A few days before….

 

“Oh my god! Is this really her?!” Aunt Chaerin said to me.

“Yup in the flesh…” Aunt Dara said.

As I wait for Navi to be fixed, my Aunties and Uncles brought me anywhere. Mostly my Aunties did that as they drag me to every mall and amusement park here in Seoul. I also met their daughters in which are very young.

I also met Aunt Tiffany’s kids, Seojun and Hyonju. Minhyun told me that he was the son of Aunt Tiff and Uncle TOP then these two will seize to exist. Well it’s not like I like them or anything. Those two are spoiled brat and even play pranks on me.

Good thing today, Aunt Dara together with Aunt Sunny, Uncle Daesung, Aunt Seo, Uncle Seungri, Uncle Youngbae and Uncle TOP, brought me to a place I clearly remember, YG, and wow it never changes.

Good thing Aunt Dara was there and she introduce me to her former member. We went to the training room to talk,

“Hey CL where are BOM and Minzy?” Uncle TOP ask.

“They will be here. The two just got stuck at traffic.” Aunt Chaerin said. “But really this little girl here is really a spitting image of those two. Look at that face.” She then pinched my cheeks.

“Hey Chaerin stop it you are scaring the kid.” Uncle Seungri said.

“I’m just happy to see that the love of those two bore fruit.” Aunt Chaerin said. “By the way Boss YG will be here later. You know some of the new debut idols have a scandal right now.”

I was listening to their talk when I remember about the girl Hyerin who was a friend when I was a trainee in the past.

“Uhmm Aunt Dara… Is there a trainee who is named Hyerin here 14 years ago?” I ask timidly.

“Hyerin? Ahh “That Hyerin” She became an Idol in a girl group. Why?” Aunt Dara answered.

“Nothing… It’s just that I thought I could have her signature.” I lie.

Apparently, Hyerin debuted 4 years after. Though their group was successful and such… they disbanded early because of internal conflict. She stayed with YG though but eventually she left after her contract end. Good thing she still have a good relationship with YG. A couple of minute later two women and 2 men came and one of the women suddenly hugged me.

“AHH!! She looks like Taeyeon… So adorable and cute.”

“Bom unnie you are crushing the kid.” Aunt Chaerin said. The woman then let me go.

Then Aunt Dara introduced them to me. “Jiyeon these are your father’s friends. This is your Aunt BOM and Aunt Minzy. These two on the other hand is your Uncle Soohyuk and Uncle Seungho.”

“Hello.” I greeted them.

“Wow she really looks like Ji and Taeng.” One of the men said.

“I told you hyung. Look at that face, anyone can tell she looks like Jiyong.” Seungri said which welcomed by disapproval from my Aunties.

“Yah!! Jiyeon look more like Taeng you know!” Aunt Sunny hiss. “Right Honey?”

“Of course… how can I disagree to my wife?” Uncle Daesung said.

“Man Dae… you are really whipped by your wife huh?” Aunty Chaerin said earning laughter from all of us.

My trip to YG was so nostalgic that the brief memory that I made in the past was going back to me.

The training room was slightly upgraded but the worn out floor from the trainees who practice dance and choreography are still there.

“Aunty, can I tour the place?” I ask Aunt Sunny.

“Okay but don’t go out of the building and also stay away from people who you don’t know.” She warned me.

“And don’t go running away again.” Uncle Youngbae said to me.

I then went to my dad former studio and saw YG there.

“Uhmm hello” I greeted him.

“Who might you be?” He asks me.

“My name is Kwon Jiyeon… I am…”

“You are Jiyong and Taeyeon’s kid right?” He asks cutting me off.

“How do you know?” I ask.

“That smile of yours…” He said to me. “Well you look like a carbon copy of the two. Do you sing too?”

I just nodded and he let me enter the recording studio. “Just sing what you know and don’t let anything bother you.” He said as music played throughout the place.

 

 

 

Jessica’s pov

 

I have been running around the city of Seoul for almost a few days now. One is too handle Jiyeon’s transfer letters and also to process to pass guardianship to the Kim and the Kwon’s. Of course Dami and Jiwoong accompany me, well they are helpful but the bad thing was they always argue much of the guardianship issue. Thank god their mothers can scold them down.

At least they are not mad at me for keeping Jiyeon for these past 14 years. The Kim’s even ask me what is Jiyeon’s childhood was. Of course I told them how she resembles her parents even in the way they talk about their dreams.

These past few days were the worst as I could not see Jiyeon. Well everyone want to know her, she is a celebrity without the camera and glitz. The girls drag Jiyeon to their houses and spend time with their kids.

Right now it was the guys turn and they brought her to YG. I heard from Youngbae that the rest of the YG artist wanted to see her. So after I have done checking the Korean branch of my store, I then went to YG to join them and to see Jiyeon.

As I enter the agency which doesn’t really change that there are stills as many fans outside waiting to see their idols. I remember when I was still an idol; I saw those fans of ours outside of SM waving their placards with our group name on it. It was a good memory. Good thing that not of the new fans recognize me.

But as I enter the agency, I was welcome by the sound of someone singing. The voice reminds me of Taeyeon’s heartbreaking voice.

“She sing’s like Taeyeon right?” Sunny said welcoming me.

“Yeah...” I answer her. “Where is she singing?”

“Chairman Yang saw her inside Jiyong oppa’s old studio. Youngbae and the others are there watching her singing.” Sunny said.

“Why are you here? I texted Dara to meet me here?” I said to her.

“Well she is busy trying to stop BOM’s spazzing, so she sent me instead.” She answers me.

We then went up and as I saw the new YG artist listening to Jiyeon’s voice. I know that Jiyong’s recording studio is one way mirror, so Jiyeon couldn’t see what’s outside.

“Oh Sica you’re here!” CL greeted me.

“Hello Chaerin.” I greeted her and then I greeted the people in the room.

“Jiyong’s kid is a natural.” YG said. “She has been singing Taeyeon and Jiyong’s song for quite sometimes now and the look on her face never changed.”

I then look at Jiyeon and see what YG mean. Jiyeon was smiling, she even dance to her parents song.

“Yeah… Yang-sajangnim… She sing’s all the time.” I said.

Jiyeon sang another song and it was something that we all don’t know. She sang it acapella even the rap part.

“Hey that song? Isn’t it that the song Taeyeon and Jiyong was working on? You know that unpublished song?” Chaerin said.

“Now that you mention it, it sounded like it but that song was incomplete and wasn’t finished. There isn’t even a bridge and a rap part for it.” Seungri chimed.

After the song ended Jiyeon went out the recording studio happy but the smile faded into an embarrassment when she saw the people in the room.

“Why are you all here?” She asks.

“Nice singing kid… you sounded like your parents.” I said to her.

“Aunt Jess!!” She then hugs me. “I thought you are busy?”

“For you I will make time.” I said.

“Hey kid do you want to become an idol?” Aunt Chaerin said to me,

“No she won’t need to be an idol.” I said to her making the people question my decision.

“Why don’t you want her to be an idol? Come on Jess she is practically great at performing.” Seungri said but I just glare at him.

“She won’t! I don’t want her to be one and that’s final.” I said to them. I then saw the sad face of my niece but being an idol is a big no for her. I did promise Taeyeon that her daughter won’t be another victim of the industry that killed her and Jiyong. “I made a promise to Taeyeon not to let her daughter to be like her so please respect why I won’t let her be one.”

The atmosphere became awkward so Bom suggested that we should eat first. So we all went to one of Seungri’s restaurant. It was one of the few investments he made for being an idol. Well he had several ranging from apartment buildings restaurant and resort, though most of it, he is a co-owner with his BigBang members and his friends.

“So when will Jiyeon be studying in Seoul?” Minzy asks.

“After she graduates in middle school.” I said. “Her family and I already discuss it. She is already in her fourth year in middle school so she will be in my care for at least a year more.”

“Hey Jiyeon have you saw your Dad’s idol days?” Soohyuk asks.

“Just one though… BigBang’s performance in the Melon Music awards in 2015.” Jiyeon answered. “It was the best I’ve seen and the fans sang with them so it was great.”

“How about your mom do you watch some of their performance?” Daesung asks her.

But Jiyeon didn’t respond and just lower her head.

“She haven’t seen it because, I haven’t show it to her.” I answer. “I was planning not to let her saw Big Bang performance too but her friends at school were fans of their music so she find out about her father.”

“You don’t want her to know about her parents? Why do you do that?” CL said to me raising her voice.

“Don’t blame Sica for that…” Sunny said. “She just wanted the best for Jiyeon beside all of us agreed to it.”

“So that’s why these guys visit Hong Kong often, even Dara.” Bom interrupted.

“I don’t really mind that Aunt Jess didn’t tell me about my parents.” Jiyeon said. “She acted as my mom and dad when I was a kid and even though it was tough. She never makes me feel unwanted and showered me with love, of course my fashion sense came from her too. She is like a second mom to me. I won’t blame her because; she is one of my Mom’s bestfriend.”

Jiyeon smiled at us and then continue eating. The girls were all teary eyed when they heard what she said, well I am too. Maybe because we have gone old so we are sensitive to this kind. The girls then stand up and surround Jiyeon and then hug her.

“I want a little girl like you…” Dara said as she pinches Jiyeon’s cheeks.

“I wish my little girl is as lovely as you Yeon-ah” Bom said too.

“Hey Bom unnie… if Siwon oppa hear you he will be mad at you for saying that.” CL said to Bom.

“Shut up… my daughter is stealing my husband from me. She even said that I am getting old.” Bom said.

“Well she is your daughter…” Seungri then in. “What do you expect she will grow up just like you.”

“Hey I am not like that when I was younger!” Bom said erupting laughter from all of us.

Jiyeon didn’t mind the rowdiness of her father’s friend and colleague, she even console Bom unnie like an adult. She fit right in. After a few hours everyone on the restaurant was quite drunk. Even the guys who need to bring Jiyeon back to Dolce Vita. So as her guardian I bring her back to the Kwon which shock Dami unnie, well angered when she knew that the guys have drink in front of Jiyeon. I hope he won’t chew out the guys tomorrow. I was about to take my leave when Jiyeon called me.

“Aunty…” She called me.

“What is it?” I ask her.

“Tomorrow… do you have time? I want to talk ask you about something…” She pleads.

“Sure…” I said. “I’ll pick you up near YG…”

“Okay.” She smiled as she hugs me.

As I went to my apartment, the joy of hearing Jiyeon saying that to me was overwhelming. When she was still with me, I sometimes wonder if keeping the information about her parents was the right thing to do. Hearing her say that made me happy.

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s pov…

 

 

The first time I join a party of YG was when I first met my father. It was rowdy and fun. It was also the first time that I heard my father sing… well he is singing beside me half drunk.  The second time is when in one of my practice Appa drag me out and then went to a restaurant just to eat.

It never changes, all of it. I couldn’t even find words on how I miss this kind of scene. But I didn’t cry, I can’t afford to do that I know that this future is only temporary. This is not my real future nor is this the future that everyone else wanted. I promise to correct the future even if in the long run my existence will be compromise.

In the meantime, I will just enjoy everything. I will cherish every memory I can take.

 

Today I will ask Aunt Jess about the death of my parents. Minhyun said to me to know what really happen so I ask my Aunt to tell me every detail. I also call someone else. Someone who is close with my father.

“Jiyeon… who are we waiting for?” Aunt Jess asks me. After Aunt Hayeon drop me off at YG, Aunt Jess came and wanted to go but I said just to wait a little longer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter