SM x YG

My Umma and Appa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s pov…

 

She lost a lot of blood we don’t know if she will make it.  Wait who are you talking about?

I then saw Jiyong and Taeyeon crying. Inside a room, where a little girl lay on the bed.  Jiyeon is that you? Wait I don’t remember meeting you when I was younger?

Jiyeon wake up! Please wake up!

Just then I woke up from my sleep sweats flooded from my body. I then look around and realize that it was just all a dream rather a nightmare. But it was rather realistic as if it already happens in my life.

“Sica are you alright?” Youngbae said waking up beside me. “Had a nightmare?”

“Yeah…” I said to him.

“Is it the same dream again?” He asks me.

“It’s quite clearer this time. It feels like it was real and Jiyeon really died.” I said to him tearing up.

“Hey, it’s just a dream beside, you said that Jiyong and Taeyeon where there too right? And I was there too but much younger. So it wasn’t real.” He soothes me by hugging me and wiping my tears.

“I just hope so.” I said. “I should call the Kwon’s to be wary, and stay close to Jiyeon.”

“Yeah let’s do that.” He said too. “I will call Teddy hyung to ask for more security for the event.”

He then guide me back to sleep, but that dream still remain in my head. I just hope that it won’t happen. But why I felt like it was in the past.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s pov…

 

“Are you ready for this?” Aunt Jess asks me.

Technically I am not but for the sake of my family and Aunties and Uncles, I will do it. “Nervous but I’m okay.” I said to her.

After the incident, I stayed in a hotel for a while. It was a hotel owned by a friend of my mother. Later I found out that the hotel is owned by one of mom’s ex-boyfriend who is now married to another singer (hint he was the first man who was linked to my mom).

Anyway, the news about me was tremendous. Because My Aunts and Uncles, especially my family don’t want me to watch the new, I only rely on what uncle Seungri and Aunt Sunny tell me.

They said that fans are happy that there is something that their idols left to this world and that was me. They also said that pictures of me were being spread in the internet. Mostly from my school days, but I was surprised that they get that because most of my pictures are from Hong Kong. Even my singing performance in my school had gone viral. How did they get that?

“Ms. Kwon, you are on stage in three minutes.” One of the staff told me.

“Don’t worry Jiyeon-ah… we will be with you every step of the way.” Grandma Kwon said.

“She’s right… you will hear people who will call you all sorts of negative things, but remember, you are our granddaughter and you are family to us.” Grandma Kim said too.

I hugged them both and then my time to go on stage came. My hand so sweaty, I think my throats got dry and my mind became blank, but it all vanished when someone held my hand.

I then look who it is and saw Aunt Jessica smiling at me. It feels like when I was little, when I was walking home alone and then someone will hold my hand and when I look it was Aunt Jess. Another hand hold my other hand and saw Aunt Dami too.

As I get up onto the stage cameras flash and I heard people talking and asking question. I was scared for a second but knowing my family have my back, it gives me courage.

“Hi my name is Kwon Jiyeon.” I greeted them.

But as soon as I said my name the reporters ask questions after questions.

“Where are you on these 14 years?”

“Is it true that you were kidnapped when you were young?”

“What are your thoughts about the death of your parents?”

“Are you going to be an idol too like your parents?”

The questions where overwhelming that YG and BOA sajangnim intervene and try to calm the crowd. Once calm down the question continued but one at a time. YG sajangnim was the one who pick who could ask question.

 

(I will use initials for the characters when they answer so bear with me)

 

“Kwon Jiyeon-shi… where are you in these 14 years?”

 

KJ: I was in Hong Kong for my education.

 

“Is it true that you were kidnapped by Ms. Jung, as retaliation against your mother?” (Dispatch reporter. Effing Dispatch!!)

 

 KJ: It isn’t true. It was true that Aunt Jess was the one who took care of me like a real mother should have but it was because of her promise to my mom. After my Mom left me in the care of my Aunt, my Aunt called my parent’s family regarding about me. With my mom and dad’s member, and my parent’s family present they decided that it was for my best that Aunt Jessica to take care of me. In that way I will be away from the harshness of the entertainment industry.

 

“So you are saying that it was a mutual decision?”

 

KJ: Yes. They visit me from time to time, and when I was 4 they tell me about my parents.

JJ: The reason I was entrusted guardianship of Jiyeon was because I’ve retired from the industry that time to focus on my fashion line and the Korean entertainment agency. Also it was a promise that I intended to keep as the last person who Taeyeon have talk too before she died. So about the kidnapping rumors it isn’t true.

KD: The Kim’s and the Kwon’s agreed to it. To hide Jiyeon from the world we propose to let her stay with Jessica until Jiyeon graduate middle school and transfer here for her High School and College studies. We visit her often though we went there secretly. But in Holidays and the death anniversary of her parents she will go back to Seoul and celebrate it with us.

 

“What are your reactions about your parent’s death?”

 

KJ: About the death of my parents they only told me about it when I was 10 though. They didn’t show me any photos or videos regarding their deaths. I was young back then so they just told me that Umma and Appa died in an accident. I believe it until I was curious and search it on the internet. I was devastated at first and even felt angry but when my Aunties and Uncles told me the truth, I was delighted. Not the fact that they died, but the fact that Dad love my Mom to the point that he sacrifices himself for her and for me and the fact that my Mom love my father to give birth to me.

 

“There was a viral video of you singing in a school talent show, are going to follow the footstep of your parents and become an idol too?”

 

JJ: No she will not be an idol.

 

“Ms. Jung, if I may. I’ve seen the videos and many netizens are in awe of Ms. Kwon’s voice. They are even saying that she sounded like Taeyeon and her style of rapping is like her father.

 

JJ: I know what you mean. I heard it every day when I was taking care of her. She sounds definitely like Taeyeon. Her voice, her singing style if she sings one of her songs you could feel it. A piece of Taeyeon’s soul is with her. As for her rapping and music sense there is no doubt that Jiyong also left something in her. But that is the reason why we don’t want her to be one. Being an idol is harsh my friends and I have been there, Taeyeon and Jiyong have been there and one of their final wish is not to let their child to be one and as their friends we will honor it even if the industry will not hear the best performer since those two died.

KJ: Sorry my Aunt brag sometimes. Truthfully I respect my parent’s decision about me not entering the entertainment industry. It’s not like I don’t like it but I am not suited for it. As you all know my Aunt Jess and even my other SNSD aunties and Big Bang uncles, they sometimes try to get me into the limelight. My Aunt Jess even tries to get me into modeling for her brand that is the best that I can do. It took me a lot of courage to even perform on that video. (I pause for a while and look at my family) I love singing and hearing people praises my voice made me really happy, but I will honor my parent’s last wish. So please respect my decision. But still music still runs through my veins so… maybe songwriting will be my forte.

I then smile at the press and of course they take pictures of it. Mostly they ask me nonsensical stuff like if I have a boyfriend or what type of guy I like, or even what kind of music I like. Of course my Aunt Jess and Aunt Dami debunk everything when it comes to boys and even said.

“She isn’t allowed to have a boyfriend until she graduated in college.”

“Also her Uncles and Aunties will test if that man is worthy of her. I just hope that man will survive.”

At the end of the interview some reporters ask me to sing a song you know just so they know if I really have the talent to brag about. So I ask the sound guy and pick a song from my phone which I found on the internet when I was searching a few days ago.

I then sang my mom’s song “I” not just the ordinary one but the one that it was mash up with my dad’s song “Who You?” which shocks the press.  I already sang that song in my audition to YG when I went to the past so I know the lyrics by heart.

The impromptu performance was a shock not only the press as well as to my family. I bet they didn’t know that I could perform that well. Of course my Aunts and Uncles only saw me in a recording studio singing, so they don’t know how I sing with a real mic on my hand.

As I finished my performance I bow to them and smile, then my Uncle Jiwoong accompanied me back stage. I went with the Kim’s to Jeonju after the press conference as I promise them. Of course before I went with them I promise my SNSD Aunties to visit SM ent with them the day after tomorrow.  Though a bit awkward at first due to the fact that I was mostly with the Kwon’s since I came back, Aunt Hayeon and Uncle Jiwoong was pretty much easy to be close too.

Aunt Hayeon even told me that he was a die-hard fan of my father and wanted to show me her complete album set plus signed poster and even a picture of my father in his Idol days. Uncle Jiwoong is different. He was quiet and just answers my question from time to time, but when I ask about my mom he will tell me everything he knows.

Their house in Jeonju was what I imagine it would be. It was the same house that mom has grown up with and I was ecstatic. Unlike my father, I know nothing about my mom. How is she when she was a child? What she was like? What are her favorites? I wanted to know more about her because the only thing I remember about her was her nagging and constant teasing when I was in the past. Still in my heart this will all change, I just hope that Minhyun will finish fixing Navi so I could prevent everything.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s pov…

 

 

 

KWON JIYEON formally introduce to the public.

Kwon Jiyeon banned from becoming an Idol!

Kwon Jiyeon sang live! Inherit GD and Taeyeon’s golden voice.

 

Of course the press conference was the talk of the town.  Jiyeon was an instant celebrity and from YG and SM viewpoint, calls from different brand wanted her to be their endorser. Of course they couldn’t say yes because she was not officially contracted to either of them.

She was the face of every entertainment news. Some even saying that she wassn’t Jiyong and Taeyeon’s daughter. There are also some male idols who said on TV that she is cute and beautiful. I just hope none of the oppa hears that or else those idols will be in trouble.

I then open my SNS account and saw the loads of comments about Jiyeon.

 

 

+208/-23: Is that Jiyong oppa and Taeyeon unnie’s daughter? She is beautiful! I had to admit their genes match so well. But she looks like Jiyong oppa than Taeyeon unnie.

+200/-12: You are wrong she looks Taeyeon unnie. Look at her skin and that auburn hair. Definitely Taeyeon.

+134/-13: Hey, have you heard her sing? The girl has the golden voice too. As if Taeyeon and GD’s soul lives inside her. She nails Taeyeon’s song and even mash up GD’s rap on it

+1005/-46: What?! She won’t become a singer? They are wasting this girl’s god given talent. As a Sone ‘till day one I want to appeal to my fellow Sone and also to the VIP to petition for this girl to became an Idol.

+402/-34: Some people are bad mouthing Jessica for not wanting the kid to becoming an idol. It’s not that Jessica unnie wanted her to be an idol but her dead parents. I understand them though; they don’t want their daughter to experience the same hardship they have faced when they were alive.

 

 

I was surprised of what the public perception of Jiyeon. It was kind of funny that Sone and VIP are fighting over who she looks like most. But the most pressing issue is that they wanted Jiyeon to become a singer like her parents. The video of her singing has been viewed 5 million times in just a few days. Her pictures have been plastered in every social media site describing her as a natural beauty that will shock the industry if she joined.

I was busy waiting for SM’s CEO when my SNSD members barge in and hang out with me in the CEO’s conference room.

“Hey Sica…Now that Jiyeon is with her family now, maybe it is time for you to get married.” Hyoyeon said to me.

“Unnie you are so slow.” Yoona interrupted her. “She is already engage.” Pointing at my finger.

“What?! Who?!” All of my members gather around me.

It’s been years since I chill in SM studio again. Because my company has been generating more profit in South Korea, I partner up with SM and choose some of their newly female idol to be my brands model.

This is what I intended to do before those old geezers kick me out because of my company. Well past is past, and BOA unnie is the new CEO and Heechul, Yunho, Chanmin, Siwon, Ryeowok and Leeteuk have been board members of the agency making it more like an agency of idols.

“Youngbae oppa propose to me again and this time I accept it.” I said to them and they squeal so loud that people suddenly came in the room.

“Really unnie?” Seohyun ask again and I just nodded. “So when will you two be married?”

“Well technically Youngb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter