Parenthood in action?

My Umma and Appa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s pov…

 

The meet up with my friend was postponed due to the fact that she was handed a last minute schedule by her agency. Well not that its matter because I was busy too. First my hosting for my first show here in Korea was sped up and now I will be shooting my first episode with Jaekyung unnie.

But first I must send Jiyeon and Navi to YG and oversee the trainee contract that she will sign. It’s not like she will be there for so long, but of course I don’t want her have a loose end in the contract.

As what Jiyong told me, they let me enter YG from the parking lot. To avoid you know some controversies, Jiyeon and I was last too discuss the Trainee Contract. Jiyeon was outside and I was the

“Oh hello Ms. Jung. I never thought to see you here.” Mr. Yang said to me.

“Well I never thought the President would be the one doing this.” I said to him.

“As you know Jiyeon here passed the trainee audition and I wanted to ask you why you wanted your niece to be a trainee here?” Mr. Yang asks.

“Well it’s her choice and she prefer here. Her parent’s also preferred to be here.” I said to him. Well her father works here that’s why

Jiyeon then enter the room, and we read through the trainee contract.

“Are there any problems Ms. Jung.” He asks me.

Well the trainee time is the same as always 4 to 5 years but it was understandable, the only problem is that she needs to transfer school to do that. But her school was in the future, well Navi can pull something like though.

“There isn’t any problem. I think this standard is understandable, but in the event that Jiyeon’s parents wanted her to quit she can quit right?” I ask him.

“Of course, until she didn’t debut as an idol yet they can do that. But I hope not because Jiyeon is quite talented. I’m very pleased that she enters into YG.” He said to me.

“Then that’s the end right?” I asked and CEO Yang just nodded. “Well I will be going now.” I said “Jiyeon text me if you’re training ends I will pick you up. Don’t follows any shady person like you did last time.” I said to the kid.

I then went to my schedule for today, and went to my temporary office for Blanc.

 

 

Jiyeon’s pov…

 

One of the staff guides me to where the training area is, and man I am so tense that I forgot to bow the older trainees there. But still I bow to them at least.

All of the new trainees introduced themselves and of course I do too. But when I introduced myself I heard everyone saying that I was G-dragon’s favorite so some of them doesn’t like that idea.

I really don’t know Korean culture so basically when they try to order me around to do stuff I didn’t do it. Until my fellow new trainee explain to me about hierarchy, and stuff.

“Wait so the younger one’s or the new one’s must do stuff for the older ones?” I ask and she just nodded. “Well that was a load of crap.” I suddenly said and all of the old trainees came towards me.

“We know you are from America but here, manners are highly regarded so if you don’t like it then you should quit now.” One of the female trainees said.

“Well if you say so…”  I said her. “But manners and bullying is two different things and I would comply if I didn’t feel the hidden agenda of yours.”

I then ignore them and continue practicing what the instructor taught us. But it seems they didn’t like it and suddenly push me to the floor.

“Yah! Don’t be cocky because everyone likes you!” The older trainee said to me.

But of course I just remain calm and stand up. I don’t want Navi to berserk and attack anyone and blow my mission here.

“See… like I said, I respecting you will be hard.” I then turn around and went to the canteen to eat lunch.

It’s not like I don’t know Korean culture, I did learn from a Korean school back in my time, but my Aunt Jessica said if I felt that a person was not worthy to be respected, don’t respect them. I really take it to heart.

“Hey Jiyeon why are you eating alone?” I was eating jajamyun when someone said to me and when I turn around I saw my appa and my BB uncles heading my way.

“Oh hello.” I stand up and greeted them but I have still some noodles in my mouth so in front of them I just slurped it in making them laugh at me.

“You really are a funny kid.” Appa said to me “So how’s training?” He asks me.

“Not that hard. Actually I thought they will break us from the start though.” I said honestly.

“What? Hey the training for new trainees is hard from the start and you said it’s not that hard. Wow! You’re something else.” Uncle Seungri said to me.

“From the looks of it, she’s not tired at all.” Uncle Daesung commented. “I went to the training room and it was hell even for me.” He said to them, by now the other trainees were also at the canteen and they are looking at my direction.

“Yeon-ah.” My appa said. “Can I call you Yeon… it’s just that your name sounds cute and that kind of nickname will suit you.” He said to me.

“Yeah!” I said excitedly and he just pats my head and I felt joy out of it.

So this kind of person my father is. I thought to myself.

“Uhmm… Jiyong sunbae…” I called him. “Do you still receive the death threats?” I ask him.

“Yeah…” he said easily. “Yang hyung already taken an action to it, so don’t worry about it.” He said smiling.

“Where are the letters though?” I ask them again.

“In Yang hyung’s office why?” he answer.

“Nothing it’s just that I saw the man, maybe he saw me too and you know…” I reason.

“Seems hardly, beside you said that you lost him, while tailing him, and only saw him when he was about to kill me.” He said to me.

Throughout lunch time I’ve talk to him and not once he didn’t smile at me. My father smile was mesmerizing. No wonder my future mom likes him. His kind very charming and above all handsome. I wanted to talk to them more but they were called out by their manager saying they have recording today. I then went back to the practice room and ignore my other trainees. It’s not like I will be staying long.

For the whole day they only taught us dance and we need to memorize the step by the end of the day. It’s not that hard, not that I’m bragging, but I studied dance as a hobby. My Aunt Jess, in the future, let me try different hobbies and dancing was one of them especially hip hop. So these kinds of dance step are easy. 

After class I help clean the room with the other new trainees. After that they went home feeling tired. Most of us were chewed out by the instructor for not getting the dance step, except me of course.

I stayed longer and when I notice that there isn’t anyone in the room anymore I activate Navi and asked him to help me retrieve the death threats notes that was in the CEO’s office. Navi then take control of the security camera. He controls it so that it won’t take any footage of me. It was successful and when I went to the CEO’s room, Navi take care of the lock and when I was there I quickly get it. Everything was okay, until I saw my appa .

“What are you doing here?” He asked me.

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

I don’t know why I am very attracted to a thirteen year old. Jiyeon is like a new breed of inspiration for me. Mind you she is very cute, so cute that for some reason I wanted to protect her. That feeling when you saw a really cute baby and you just stare at it for so long and you grew attached to it. That kind of feeling, is what I’m feeling right now. Jiyeon is like a dream daughter for me. The Shocking part about her is I see Taeyeon in her. Jiyeon’s smile was like Taeyeon, pure and innocent and her eyes, damn their eyes was the same too.

Back at my own work studio, lyrics flooded my mind, but what I don’t understand was that why I am writing family oriented song. And I am imagining me Taeyeon and Jiyeon singing the song. But still the song’s ended well.

“Hyung, are you sure you write this song?” Seungri ask me.

“Why Ri, what kind of song Ji write?” TOP hyung ask.

“Seunghyun hyung, Jiyong hyung wrote a family song.” He answers him.

Hyung then went towards me and read the lyrics and then he look at me weirdly. “Hey Ji are you sure about this? I mean it’s not like I don’t like it but… it’s not our style to sing this.”

“I didn’t say we need to sing this, but still it will be mature song from what we used too.” I said to them.

“Ji’s right.” Youngbae stand up. “We are not getting younger, well beside panda here, we are basically at marrying age now, so maybe singing this type of song will send a message that we wanted to settle down now.”

“Then getting Yang hyung approval is the only thing we need.” Daesung said.

“I think he still here, so I will let him read the lyrics first.” I said to them as I went to our CEO’s office.

But as I went towards the office, I bumped into Jiyeon.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I think I’m lost, I was trying to find the recording room to practice singing but it seems that I lost my way.” She said to me.

“It’s already late. Where is Jessica?” I ask her.

“My Aunt said that she would be late… So I think singing would pass out some time.” She said to me.

“Then let’s go to my recording studio, you could wait there for a while.” I said to her.

As we come down and enter my studio, I just saw Daesung there.

“Hey where’s the three?” I ask him.

“Youngbae just went down to get some foods. TOP hyung went somewhere; he said it was an emergency. Seungri… had a sudden schedule so he left.” He answers me while reading his comics.

“I didn’t saw the president, but I see Jiyeon there.” I said to him as I invite the kid inside.

“Hey kid!” Daesung greet her.  “Why are you still here?”

“My Aunt is late so I want to kill time while singing.” Jiyeon said to him

“Oh right Jiyeon you wanted to sing right?” I asked her. “Hey can you help me produce guide tracks for some of my songs?” I said to her and she just smiley agree.

“I will give you three sets of song okay. Just sing it the way you like it.” I said to her.

The first song was written for a girl so she perfectly sang that part. I am usually be very picky on how people sing my song and I usually stop a recording if I hear a slight imperfection, but hearing that raw voice of hers, I don’t want to stop her.

“Ya Hyung aren’t you being to bias?” Daesung told me. “You know the other trainees will not be happy about you giving more attention to Jiyeon.”

Truthfully I know what happen back at the training room. I know being an idol is brutal survival, and it all started from being a trainee. But when I saw her being pushed by the other trainees, I wanted to dash there and protect her.

I was about to do that, when I saw her stand up and then coolly address the situation. That is when I was amazed of her character. She didn’t try to argue with them more but just said something, then leave.

“I know that she could handle that… Beside she’s Jessica’s niece.” I assure them.

“But hyung, seriously… her voice really sound like Taeyeon.” Daesung commented. “But when she raps she sound like y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter