× Chapter 29

Surrounded by mean boys!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kids, what are you doing?"

. The both of them thought. They were caught red handed. The two quickly pushed each other away just to see  Mr. Jung's crimson face with his necktie tied loosely on his forehead. He had just come back from dinner with his colleagues.

Hyemin wiped the cold sweat on her forehead, realizing her dad wasn't sober yet.

"Dad, you're drinking again today?" Hyemin escorted him towards the bedroom, patting her dad's back.

Mrs. Jung rushed to the living room after hearing her husband's blabbering, "You stay here." she gave Hyemin a look, then to Jungkook. "We can't let our precious guest alone, don't we?"

Sticking her hand into the pockets of her hoodie, Hyemin sat herself down back to the couch and glanced at Jungkook.

"Don't ever do that again."

Jungkook chuckled at her unexpected cuteness and shrugged, "Hm... Can't promise." 

Knowing Hyemin, she would probably give him a good smack. So before she could even make a move, Jungkook grabbed a cushion and protected himself, grinning behind the cushion. After a while of silence, Jungkook placed the cushion down  and shifted his gaze to Hyemin. 

"Can I stay on your place tonight?" Jungkook questioned.

"I'm not in the mood to joke around," Hyemin answered in monotone, carefully putting back the first aid equipment into the box.

"I'm serious though."

Hyemin threw a box of band-aid across the room, which landed on Jungkook's head.

"Ow, this is the second time, I swear."

"Are you out of your mind? You have a damn mansion to sleep at but why do you want to sleep in this crappy house?" Hyemin shoved everything into the box before slamming it shut.

Jungkook shrugged, "I just don't feel like staying at home tonight."

"Whatever your reason is, you're not allowe-"

"Jung Hyemin! Is that how you treat our guest? What's wrong with staying over in our house for one night? Moreover, there's no school tomorrow." Hyemin's mom voice called out from the master bedroom.

"Jungkook, I'll prepare an extra mattress for you okay?"

"Thank you, ma'am!" Jungkook grinned.

"Ha, how could mom treat him better than her own daughter." Hyemin muttered, clicking her tongue.

 

xxx

 

"Are you asleep?" Hyemin whispered, staring on the ceiling as she turned towards Jungkook.

"No," Jungkook replied bluntly.

"I can't sleep." Hyemin sighed, tossing and turning on her bed. How could she sleep when a guy randomly visited her house late at night and, decided to sleep in her house out of the blue?

"Me neither, let's do something." Jungkook suggested, his back still facing her.

Hyemin raised an eyebrow, shifting closer, "Something like?"

"Practicing our script?"

Hyemin chuckled half-heartedly. After she was chosen to play the Cinderella role, Jungkook had been very, VERY motivated in practicing the script.

"Ah... I'm suddenly sleepy. Goodnight." Hyemin pulled the blanket over her head.

"Goodnight, Jung Hyemin."

 

xxx

 

Nine in the morning; wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter