× Chapter 21

Surrounded by mean boys!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you the patient’s boyfriend?" Jungkook choked at the doctor’s straightforward question, shaking his head.

"No, I’m a friend of hers. How’s her condition?”

"I see. She is currently resting in the room. It's a relief that the patient is brought to the hospital quickly, or else her condition might have gotten worse. And from what I see, she had suffer amnesia few years ago. Did you know about it?" The doctor asked.

Jungkook gave him a slight nod, "Yes, I do."

 

If it wasn’t for Yoongi, he might have collapsed after hearing the news from the doctor.

 

"Don’t worry, the patient is recovering from her lost memories. You can go in to the room now.”

 

Jungkook gave him a bow before rushing in to the ER. His heart that couldn’t beat normally before had calm down at the sight of Hyemin, lying down on the bed peacefully.

 

"She does looks better when she's sleeping..." Jungkook scoffed.

 

The longer he stared at her, the more she reminded him of that woman. The image of her lying down on the hospital bed weakly... A memory Jungkook threw to the back of his mind rise up to the surface again.

 

Ten years ago

The eight years old Jungkook slided the door and sprinted towards the woman who was lying on the bed. A woman with eyes and smile that looked exactly like Jungkook’s, his mom.

Jungkook climbed up the chair and looked at at the woman, grinning innocently.

"Oh, honey! You're back from school already?"

"Yes! Mom, look! I got a hundred on my Maths test today!" Jungkook exclaimed cheerfully as he swung his test paper with a 100% written on top of it in a red ink.

His mom smiled proudly and ruffled his hair, "That's my boy. Keep doing well on your study, hm?"

Jungkook nodded and smiled, "I will work hard and bring you to travel around the world when you feel better."

 

"And mom will promise to get well soon, so you don't have to visit me every day-" She stopped, choking up on her words. Jungkook had to witness the horror in front of him when his mom started hyperventilating.

 

He jumped down from the chair and retreated slowly, “Dad… Dad!”

Jungkook ran out of the room, shouting his dad’s name for dear life. It was just a matter of time when the room was filled with a doctor and nurses, carrying the equipment.

The door was closed; Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter