Chapter 8

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huang Hui Wen POV

This is so weird. I can’t help but feel anxious. Starting from Baekhyun oppa wants to know more about me to Chanyeol oppa’s story? What story? Is it related to me? Maybe Chanyeol oppa like me? OMG…I only like Baekhyun oppa. It can’t be-. My train of thought being cut by Chanyeol oppa who starts ‘his story’.

“So, Ch-aishhh….Xiao Wen-shi, 18 years ago there is a happy family. The mother just gave birth to a cute baby girl. It really completed the family happiness with a 3 years old boy and now they are given a baby girl by god. But, something horrible happened. Doctor says that the baby girl is not healthy, they must perform operation as soon as possible to save her. The family, although is not really poor but they never a rich family. The medical fees and the operation fees are impossible for them. They try, they really try to borrow money from relatives, banks and they even try loan shark. But, since they don’t have any valuable assets, banks just reject them even loan shark don’t want to lend them the money. Relatives avoid them as well. They don’t have any other ways. One day, during their usual visits to hospital, the mother break down and a kind couple approach her and comfort her. She told them her worry. Upon hearing that, the couple suggested something. Something that will never be thought by any of us. They offered help, but with a condition.” Chanyeol oppa stops to catch his breath. This is becoming more and more weird. Why does he tell me this story? And why is this story kind of similar with my story? It can’t be.

“What condition Oppa?” My voice shaking. I keep telling myself that it can’t be. Chanyeol oppa can’t be my brother.

“They will take away the baby girl. They will cure her, provide her with everything and even treat her like their own. The family can’t visit her anymore until she is 18 years old and capable to make her own decision. The couple is kind enough to send them picture of their baby girl while growing up though. But, it stops when she reached 16 years. The family became worried and hired private investigator to search for her. And they found out that the couple has passed away during an accident. There is no information on the baby girl though since she moved out from the house after that and the investigator found difficulties in continuing his search because she is in another country. Again, money became issue again. The family has no choice but to stop the search. They can only pray that their baby girl is safe.” Chanyeol oppa finished his story and tears fall down from his eyes now. I am shaking now. This is awfully similar to the story my parent told me before they passed away. No..It can’t be. I don’t want it to be. What should I do?

“Xiao Wen-shi, are you okay?” I heard Baekhyun oppa asks me.

“Why? Why are you telling me this story?” My mind went blank. I don’t know what to expect anymore.

“Because, the family is my family and I am the boy of the family. And you, Xiao Wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter