Chapter 29

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has passed since Baekhyun and Chanyeol got together. They have to keep it a secret from everyone including Manager-hyung and the other senior. Taeyeon is the only one apart from EXO’s members who know about it and she couldn’t be anymore happier knowing it. Sure she is worried about what will happen when the company or worse the public know about it. So, she decided to keep shut even to her SNSD members.

The news of Baekhyun and Taeyeon dating has been slowly died down though. Baekhyun has been officially being active on his schedule again with a warning to avoid any topic related to dating. It somehow seems like he is the one who wanted to date taeyeon instead of being forced to enter the relationship by the company. But he couldn’t really careless right now. He is more than happy for it starting to get to normal again. At least as normal as it can get with constant glares from SNSD fanboys and hate from EXO’s fans. He tries as hard as he can to ignore all of it with the help of the members.

“We are flying to China tomorrow.” Manager-hyung says during their car ride to their next schedule of the day.

All the members cheer happily. One of the things they would never complain is to have schedule in China since that means they could have opportunity to meet up with their ex-members.

***

Chanmi POV

It’s been a week since I last met Baek-oppa. To be honest I did feel guilty about sending the photo to media and put oppa into this situation. But, to my defence, this is not what I expected. I expected SM to just confirm my relationship with Baek-oppa. Apparently, SM sees talents on me and wants to make money out of me in the future. So, destroying my chance in getting debut is a no-no. I was frustrated when I was told that. To be honest, I wouldn’t careless whether I get to debut or not. Yes, I like to sing but I would easily choose Baek-oppa over singing anytime.

I decided to take a break from my training to clear up my mind. The company allows me to get a week of break before I have to return and train my -off for the collaboration stage with Kyungsoo and Seohyun. The stage will be in a month from now. I decide to go back to China during the break together with Nana.

It was already close to mid-night when we arrived at the airport. What I didn’t expect is the airport is crowded by fans. I tried to take a peek at who is the celebrity that is coming and surprise to know that it is EXO. I smirk and immediately come up with another plan in my mind. It is a good decision to come back home.

“What’s with that smile, Mi?” Nana asks. Yes, she starts to call me my Korean name Chanmi (or rather she would call me by nickname ‘Mi’) when we started to live in Korea. It would be easier to hide my status as sister of Huang Corporation’s owner. “Do you know that EXO will be coming to Shanghai too today? Are you purposely coming here because of EXO?”

“What? Of course no. I don’t know they would be here as well. But, it is good that they are here now.” I smile at Nana.

“I swear Mi, if you try anything like last time again, I will tell you brothers on it.” Nana says threateningly. I and Nana have multiple arguments since we decided to stay in Korea. She saw the photo on the news and immediately recognized it as me. However, the day the news about Baek-oppa dating Taeyeon instead of me released, she got really confused and asked me about it. I told her everything but instead of her support, she got really mad at me and we have an argument about it. We make up though only few days after the argument. She still doesn’t agree with what I did but after some begging on my side, she promised not to tell my brothers and sister about it.

“Huff….I won’t Nana.” I half-heartedly say. It is not fully lie though. I wouldn’t do something similar to last time. It would be stupid to do the same thing.

***

EXO members are gathering in one of the private area in the coffee shop. They are meeting Luhan, Tao and Kris who make themselves available just for them that night.

“Baek, I think you owe me a whole lot of explanation. I thought I am your favorite hyung, but I am the last one to know? I am hurt.” Luhan says and faking hurt by putting his palm on his chest.

“:You are still my favorite hyung. And Chanyeol is the one who told all of them. So, it’s not my fault.”Baekhyun shrugs his shoulder while saying that.

“So, can I borrow your boyfriend and kick his for ignoring my feeling?” Luhan asks Baekhyun playfully.

“Go for it. Just make sure that he is still alive for tomorrow recording though.” Baekhyun grins playfully to Luhan and then Chanyeol.

Chanyeol widen his eyes and points at Baekhyun. “Yah! How could you say that? I am your boyfriend!” Baekhyun just shrugs again and smile again while Luhan starts to kick Chanyeol’s playfully. Everyone laugh at that. They are really enjoying themselves at that moment.

Suddenly, Chanyeol’s phone rings so he take out his phone and checks who called him. He widens his eyes when he sees the caller ID. He looks around and sees all the members still excitedly talking to each other so he stands up and walks outside to answer the call.

“Hi Chanmi-ah. How are you?” He says once he presses on the green button to answer the call.

“Oppa…are you guys at Shanghai right now? I saw the news just now! What a coincidence. I am also at Shanghai right now visiting my home for my break.”

“Re-really? Th-that good then.” Chanyeol stutters. He still doesn’t know how to deal with Chanmi. On one side, he is mad because of what she did. But on the other side, he blames himself for not taking better care on his sister which cause her to do what she did.

“Can we meet up oppa? I think we have not seen each other for a long time right?”

“Ch-chanmi-ah. What to do? I don’t think I can make it. We would be really busy here. You know we came for a recording. We can meet when you get back to Korea, right?”

“But, oppa…I am really sad now. Can’t you come just for a while? I know your recording start tomorrow. Just give me an hour. Okay?”

“Chanmi-ah…”

“Please oppa?”

Chanyeol sighs. Maybe it is time for me to go and talk some sense to her. He thinks internally to himself. “Okay. Just text me the address. I will be there in a while.” He gives in to his sister’s request. After hanging up the call he goes back to s. Baekhyun looks at him curiously.

“Guys, I have something to do so I have to leave now. I will see you guys tomorrow, okay?” Chanyeol says to s and all of them look at him curiously but they nod their head without further questioning.

“Where are you going Yeol?” Baekhyun asks him curiously. He can sense that something is wrong from Chanyeol.

“I have to meet someone Baek. I will see y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter