Chapter 36

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Baekhyun left…He is no longer here with them.

As soon as the news broke that Baekhyun left EXO, the media went wild. Angry fans demand for an answer. It is that bad that EXO has to held a press conference regarding this matter. SM has given them a script as to what to say on the press conference.

‘Baekhyun left due to his health problem. He has to leave for a proper rest. And it is still possible for him to return when he is getting better.’

That’s the speech they got from SM. It is not a complete lie though. Baekhyun left because he is hurt. Baekhyun left because he wants to move on. And Baekhyun does not terminate his contract with SM, therefore he is still part of SM which make it possible for him to come back. But, will he ever come back?

Throughout the press conference, Chanyeol has not spoken even a word. Suho does most of the talking with other members occasionally helping him.  The members notice it but don’t want to press on it. They all know that Chanyeol probably the most impacted from Baekhyun’s departure.

FLASHBACK

“What are you doing, Chanyeol?” Suho asked when he spotted Chanyeol ran to his room and began to pack some clothes.

“I need to see Baekhyun. I need to bring him back.” Chanyeol looked like a mad man, keep repeating the same words and packing his stuff.

“Chanyeol, he left. You are too late.” Chen holds onto his wrist to stop him.

“No…I will bring him back even if I have to go all the way to Europe.” Chanyeol tried to free his hand from Chen’s grip but Chen only tighten it.

“Stop it! You don’t even know where he is. Europe is a big country Chanyeol. You will never find him like this.” Chen tried again and it seems to work as Chanyeol finally look up to meet his gaze. He looks so pitiful with his eyes red and puffy, his cheeks still damp from tears.

“You are right. I need to know where he is staying. Do you know? Please tell me Jongdae-ah.” Chanyeol asks and Chen just sighes while shaking his head to tell him that he doesn’t know. “…Kyungsoo…Kyungsoo must know where he is. He will tell Kyungsoo, right? Yes yes…He will. Soo-ah…” Chanyeol rushes out of his room to find Kyungsoo. Chen and Suho who are left in the room can’t help but feel pity for him.

“Soo, please tell me where is Baekhyun staying?”Chanyeol shake Kyungsoo shoulder and practically beg him to tell him his Baek whereabout.

“Why should I? So you could hurt him again? No, Chanyeol. You can save your tears. I will never tell you where he is unless Baekhyun himself is ready to face you again! So you could just go and live happily with your so called girlfriend!” Kyungsoo is clearly still mad that his bestfriend is suffering alone so he put it all on Chanyeol’s head. He knows he is being unfair to Chanyeol but who cares. He needs someone to blame. Afterall, Baekhyun is like his brother.

“No, I will never want to hurt him. Soo-ah, I need to tell him that I love him too. I need to apologize. I am stupid to think that dating Seulgi will make him happy. What am I even thinking at that time? I need him, Soo. Please….Let me see him again?”

All the member look at the duo, everyone really felt heartbroken looking at Chanyeol’s state. “Kyungsoo, just tell him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter