Chapter 26

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days has passed since the rumor began. Baekhyun still has not returned to his schedule yet. He only go for practice at SM. Due to negative response from the public, the company has decided to pull him out from the collaboration. Kyungsoo will replace him. Same thing happened to Taeyeon and Seohyun will replace her. He feel relieve rather than sad to being pull out from the collaboration stage since he doesn’t want to face Chanmi now. No, he doesn’t blame her for that. He blame himself for making Chanmi misunderstood his intention. He has not talked with Chanyeol since then. They still throw some friendly smile at each other when their eyes accidentally met  but no words exchanged. s still check on him constantly to make sure that he is not depressed. He is grateful of that. His family has called and asked him to stay with them for a while until the news died down but he politely rejected it. He doesn’t want to give anymore trouble to s by absent on the practice.

On the other side, Chanmi has been devastated. Her plan has backfired on her. She gave the photos to media so that the company has no choice but to announce that they are dating. She even went as far as make her face recognizable by the company. She never thought that the company will decide to give the honor of dating her Baek-oppa to the witch Taeyeon. She has not see Baek since the Jeju trip. She tried to call few times but she always ends up on the mailbox. She even went as far as stalked EXO’s schedule, called Chanyeol only to ask him pass the phone to Baekhyun. However, Chanyeol himself hardly met Baekhyun these few days and Baekhyun apparently always locked himself in his room everytime he is in the dorm. Now, she even lost the chance to stand on the same stage as Baekhyun. I need to have other plan.

Taeyeon and Baekhyun are still as close as before but the company forbids them to meet each other for the time being. The only place that is safe for them to talk is the SM practice room like today. They meet in between of their practice.

Baekhyun POV

“I am leaving to Japan for SNSD concert tomorrow. They finally let me have my schedule but I don’t even know what my fans reaction will be now. However, my biggest concern is your fans. They are a looootttt….And all of your fans hate me. Maybe some of them will throw something at me tomorrow.” Tae-noona sighs and I can see that she is really scared of it.

“I’m sorry noona. You are suffering because of me. Should we end this now? Just announce that we are not strong enough to face the rage of our fans and break up?” I suggests hesitantly.

“Maybe. But, I will look bad on both of our image. I don’t think the company will let us do that. And you! Don’t say sorry anymore. I feel like all you talk to me now is only how sorry you are. You are not at fault here Baek. It is Park Chanmi’s fault! The more I think about it the more weird is the photos.”

“What do you mean noona?” I am getting confused now.

Tae-noona sighs again.”You have to promise me that you won’t be mad again when I tell you my thought. Okay?” Tae-noona pauses and I nods at her. “So, I have discussed the whole situation in details to Jiyong and I even showed him the photos.” She takes out her phone and shows me the photo from her picture gallery.

“Do I suppose to find something here? Ugh…why do you save this photos noona?” I look at the photo bitterly as it reminds me of my stupidity.

“Do you notice something weird on it?” She asks without even answering my question and I shook my head. She sighs again. “You guys are sitting at the living room of the villa right?” I nod again. “I am right then. See, the living room only has 1 large window on its right side. But, these photos are taken from the left side. What is on the left side of the living room?” By this time, she smirks.

I think again to the villa’s living room format. “Hmmm….If I am not mistaken, on the left side, there is a huge shelf with lots of book. And the hallway leading to the kitchen and bedroom is also on the left side of the living room.” I gasp. “Do you mean the reporter went as far as going inside of our villa? How did he get in?”

Tae-noona facepalm and sighs again. In my opinion, she sighs too much today. “My idiot brother, how stupid can you be? You are lucky that you are cute and good looking. If not, I won’t even bother to talk to you.”

“Yah! Noona!!!” I pout

“Okay okay. So, let’s go back to the important matter. You are right about the living room but no. The reporter was not in the villa. In fact, I doubt there was reporter there.” I am getting more and more confused again. “See Baek-ah. I think someone who was living with us in the villa take the photos and send it to media. Do you understand what I mean?” I gasp and shock at her statement.

“But, noona…Who would do that to me? All of you guys are like my brothers and sisters. Put aside EXO’s member, I don’t think Heechul-hyung or Yesung-hyung would do that to me. Same thing with Tiffany-noona and Yoona-noona.”

“You miss out someone Baek-ah.” I look at Tae-noona and she smiles. Instantly, my mind directs me to someone who have the motive to do this.

“Do you mean Chanmi?” I ask and this  time she nods again.

“Baek, I know it is hard to think of her as a bad person. But, no matter how we think of it, it is the most possible answer. Who else would do this thing?”

I just keep quiet. This time, I know noona is right.

“Baek, what do you want to do now?”

“I don’t know noona.”

“Okay. Just let me know if you need some help okay?” I nod again.

“So, how is it going with Chanyeol?” by the mention of his name, I instantly look up at noona with wide eyes from shock. “Have you talked with him, Baek?”

I shook my head. “He won’t even look at me now. We barely meet and I think he is avoiding me.” I laugh sadly at myself. “Why would he talk with someone like me? Someone who broke his sister heart. He must hate me now.”

“What? Why would he hate you? I don’t think-“

“Stop it noona. Why else would he avoid me if he doesn’t hate me? You don’t have to comfort me. I will have to accept the reality now.” I cut her sentence because I don’t think I can move on easily with people keep assuring me otherwise. Thankfully, she drops the topic and we go on to talk about other subject.

After the talk with Tae-noona, I can’t help but think about the photos. If it is really Chanmi’s doing, then she is really dangerous to be around. Who know what else is she planning? But, what should I do? Should I tell Chanyeol? Yes, but without any evidence to support the argument, he won’t believe me. I should investigate more before talk to him. But, I should get myself together first. I splash some cold water to my face. I need to be strong and stop making the others worry.

 

It is nearly 9 pm when we finished practice that day. We arrive at dorm and doing our own activities. I hang around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter