Chapter 37

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol is sitting in the doctor room listening to the doctor explaination. Earlier today, he received phone call from his mom telling him that Chanmi regained her conscious. He quickly rushed to the hospital, however when he arrived, Chanmi is asleep again. That’s how he ends up at the doctor room with his mom and Jie.

“We are nearly giving up on her but I see that she still has that fighting spirit in her. She won the war and she is stable now.” Dr. Kim told them and all of them sigh in relief. Mrs. Park has let out tears of happiness.

“But, why is she falling asleep again? Will she wake up anytime soon?” Jie asked Dr. Kim.

“Don’t worry. It is normal for patient who just woke up from coma. Her body must be feeling too tired after fighting the war. She will wake up after few hours maximum. We will keep her for few more days for observation. If there is nothing wrong, then she can be discharged.” Dr. Kim reassured them.

“Thank you. Thank you very much.” Mrs.Park says to Dr. Kim.

 

When they arrived back at Chanmi’s room, they are surprised to see that Chanmi is awake and sit calmly at her bed.

“Chanmi-ah….Welcome back.Thank you. Thank you…” Mrs. Park rushes to her side and just let her tears flow out. Chanmi take a look at her with no expression and not saying anything back as well.

“Chanmi-ah, are you alright now? Tell gege if something is hurt. Ne?” Jie also goes to her side and carefully examining her.

Chanyeol remains at the end of the bed unsure of what to say. He feels relief and happy that his sister has woken up but he doesn’t know how to approach her yet. Should he say sorry? Or should he just pretend nothing happen between them? He caught Chanmi’s eyes for a spilt second before she looks to everywhere except for Chanyeol’s direction and notice that there is something similar to guilt and pity there? Or maybe he saw it wrongly?

Due to lack of respond from Chanmi, they start to get worry. “Chanmi-ah, can you heard us? Are you okay? Tell me if anything hurt….” Jie starts bombarding Chanmi some question, trying to get any respond from her.

Chanmi gives a small nod. “Jie-ge, can you update me on what is happening?” Chanmi asks with weak voice.

“Of course. What do you want to know? All of us are here to answer to all your question.” Jie enthusiastically answers her, happy that she finally respond to him.

“No…I mean only with you. Can you leave us first?” Chanmi directed the question to Mrs Park and Chanyeol. It shocked all of them but since they are aware that maybe Chanmi still mad at them, they didn’t want to argue with her.

“Ok Chanmi-ah. We will be outside. Just call us if you need us. And I am sorry for hitting you Chanmi-ah.” Mrs. Park says dejectedly and goes out of the room with Chanyeol following her.

 

Chanmi POV

When I wake up from my deep slumber, I took notice of my surrounding and notice that I am in the hospital. My head is hurting badly so I close my eyes again trying to collect myself together. I try to sit up and recall what is happening. My last memory is when I was hit by the car. Then what happen after that? How long have I been asleep? And I clearly heard people talking to me all these time? Is that all a dream?

In the dream, I remember Jie-ge comes to talk to about about something he wanted to tell me. What is it? And I also remember Omma comes to apologize. And Baekhyun-oppa….He was crying in my dream and he was so sad but I couldn’t recall what he is saying.  Am I really making him that sad? And Chanyeol-oppa….Was these a dream or real? If it is real, then am I the reason why all of the sad? Jie-ge, Min-ge and Ching-jie have so much faith in me but I have disappointed them… I was still confuse on which one is dream and which is real by the time Omma, Chanyeol and Jie-ge come in. They are making a fuss over me…Over a bad person like me. What have I done to them?

I look at Chanyeol-oppa who keeps silent in the end of my bed and he looks so fragile right now. So hurt and soul-less. Is that really my Chanyeol-oppa? Did I really cause him to become like this? Where is Baek-oppa?

When Chanyeol-oppa caught my eyes, I can’t help but look away due to my guilt. I need to figure it out. Who can help me? My best option right now is Jie-ge. I have no face to talk to any of them but Jie-ge will understand me, right? That’s why I request them to leave us alone in the room.

During our talk, Jie-ge informed me that I have been in coma for more than 5 months. He also told me about what is happening with Ching- jie and Min-ge.

“When is Ching-jie’s wedding?” I ask him and he stops whatever he is doing right then to look at me.

“How do you know that Ching-jie is getting married? I have not told you about that since Ching-jie said she wants to tell you by herself.” Jie-ge points out and I realize that yes he has not told me about it. Jie-ge must have not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter