Chapter 31

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What happen to your face Chanyeol-ah?” Suho asks as soon as he see Chanyeol enter the dorm with bruise on his left cheek.

“Nothing hyung. I want to rest now, can I?” He says tiredly and his hyung just sighs and nods at him.

This evening, Suho has welcomed a mad Luhan, Kyungsoo with murderous aura and Baekhyun with his red and puffy eyes that anyone seeing him would have know he just cried. He asked them what happened and they just shrug him off and Luhan screamed that he will kill Chanyeol. He managed to corner Kyungsoo and he told Suho that ‘Chanbaek is over!’ before leaving the dumbfounded leader in the kitchen. And not too long after that, Chanyeol came home with bruise on his left cheek.

Why can’t I have a peaceful break? The leader inwardly thinks to himself. Don’t get him wrong though, he loves all of s. But sometimes, taking care of 8 kids is very tiring and frustrating. He groans loudly out of frustration and decides to call Kris for any idea. He is supposed to be his co-leader anyway so it should be okay.

***

The next 2 days passed uneventful. Chanyeol locks himself in his room. He will only come out for washroom and occasionally to eat at a very odd hour.  Suho has talked with him a few times but he always assure the leader that he is fine.

Luhan is staying with them for the 2 days just to keep Baekhyun company. Baekhyun is slowly getting his smile back with Luhan and Kyungsoo great effort to cheer him up.  He is not as cheerful as before but at least he looks fine.

After their break, they are welcome with madness of concert preparation. They are packed with a full practice schedule for 3 days. It helps to take off their mind on the recent happening though. Luhan has gone back to China for his own schedule. He also tells Kyungsoo that there is something that he will need to take care of in China. He make Kyungsoo promised if there is anything, he will immediately call him.

***

Finally, it is the day of the concert. Suho keeps on telling the members to do well. He doesn’t want Chanyeol or Baekhyun to be let go by the company. He hopes that fans won’t notice the lack of interaction between Chanyeol and Baekhyun or even Kyungsoo. It shouldn’t be a problem though since Chanyeol and Baekhyun will be standing far from each other during ment. The worst part is Kyungsoo is positioned to stand beside Chanyeol during the ment. It will be disaster if the two don’t interact at all. Suho sighs and decides to have a talk with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

“It’s fine hyung. Don’t worry. I will try to act close with that jerk.” Kyungsoo says clearly still mad at Chanyeol.

Suho sighs and looks over to Chanyeol. “How about you?”

Chanyeol still looks down and nods. “I will try my best to act normal. Don’t worry.”

“It is very important for all of us. I hate to say this but a mistake from one of us might cost us EXO’s disbandment. So, you better do your best. For today, I don’t really care if that is an act or not.” Both of them nod at Suho. “Good. Now go and prepare your best smile.” Suho ends the talk and walk out of the room to join the other members. The concert will be starting in 30 minutes.

***

Much to Suho’s pleasure, the concert is going well so far. However, when they are performing the song “Promise”, something unexpected happens. Baekhyun, who has the image of mood maker, cheerful and always smile, is crying during the song.

‘How could I forget that the lyric of this song is composed mainly by Baekhyun and Chanyeol?’

 

Chanyeol POV

The concert is nearing the end and I think I have acted well so far. I have few interactions during ment with Kyungsoo and also with other members. The only member that I am avoiding is only Baekhyun but the fans won’t notice it, right? I also keep on smiling and pretend to have fun on the stage. I steal some glances to Baekhyun and see him also have fun with other members. A small real smile crept up my lips just by seeing him happy.

When the music of Promise is played, I steal a glance to Baekhyun and notice that he tenses up a bit. I try to ignore it and focus on the stage but I can’t help but keep stealing glances to him.

Sometimes, I close my eyes and fall into the thought of you

You habitually imagine of that familiar image of me

Despite my clumsiness, you still like me no matter what

But do I deserve to be loved by you?

You who have always been waiting for me

You who embrace me with your arms

I won’t forget

I will make you happy

like the ‘we are one’ word I’ve told you.

It reminds me of the time we spent in my studio when composing the lyrics.

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express,

sinking down in my heart.

'I’m sorry’ 'I love you’

asking you to believe in me like this time

I will hug you and hold your hands

If I am able to express my heart,

I will devote myself to you.

I want to protect you

Whenever

I write these lyric with the thought full of Baekhyun. This song is full of the words I want to tell him. I sing out the song even when that is not my part and my eyes fixed on Baekhyun figures at the other side of the stage. Suddenly Baekhyun turns over and our eyes locked together. I keep staring at him while singing the lyrics. It only lasted for few seconds and he quickly composes himself and turn his eyes to somewhere else.

'Things will be better or it will be forgotten as time passes’

Since those consoling words might not be able to conform you, I feel uneasy again.

Don’t go. I wanna hold you back.

I know tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter