Chapter 17

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

Few months passed by with EXO packed schedule. Each of them has multiple individual schedule aside from the concerts and group practice. They still manage to have dinners or maybe breakfast together every once in a while. It is quite hard to get them sit together for a meal as a full team. The one that keep missing out of the group dinner are Yixing, with his individual schedule at China and Chanyeol, with his movie filming. Needless to say, when their manager announces that they will have a week free by the end of the month, they are super excited and plan for a group trip to Jeju.

As for Chanmi, she will be graduating from her high school soon. The graduation ceremony is in 2 days. She has been keeping contact with Chanyeol and Baekhyun during this few months, Chanyeol has agreed to attend her graduation ceremony since he is in China anyway. Unfortunately, Baekhyun couldn’t make it. She is a bit disappointed but there is nothing she could do. She will be able to meet them soon anyway. That’s right. She will be coming to Seoul after her graduation for SM audition. At first, her brothers and sisters are against it because they don’t want to be separated from their lovely sister. Even after her attempt in whining and aegyo-ing, they still stand on their ground and want her to follow their path into business. But apparently, luck is on her side when they receive information that their proposal to invest in Seoul has been approved by the shareholder and Jie-ge and Ching-jie will be staying there to manage the new branch while Min-ge will stay in China to manage the head office. Of course, there will be a lot of flying here and there for them for quite a while before the new branch is stable enough. Okay, so in short, seeing that she can still stay with them in their house in Seoul and her desperate begging, they eventually agreed with condition that if she failed the audition, there is no more discussion about her going into music career and she must obeys them in getting a degree in either medical or business. She is excited for this and even her friend Nana will also joining her for the audition. She still keeps it in secret for Chanyeol and Baekhyun though. She wants to surprise them.

Chanyeol POV

Today is Chanmi’s graduation ceremony which I have agreed to attend. I grab my wallet and phone then walk out our dorm in China but not before put on the masks and hat to disguise myself. We have improved in our relationship. Chanmi is not as awkward as before with me anymore and I have met with her brothers and sister a couple of time now. They are nice people. It is good that Chanmi has them around but I still feel guilty for not being at her side and protect her during her childhood. I promise to myself that starting from now on I will be there for her and use everything in my power to make her happy.

The graduation ceremony is quite normal. Apparently, Chanmi is one of the high achievement students. Wow, I never know that there is smart gene running in our family. I always thought that I got my brain from my parent but apparently that is not the case. I am proud of her for getting such achievement in her life. I can’t help but wonder what her plan is for the future.

Of course she will get into her family business, stupid yolk. Or do you expect her to come with you to Seoul and live with your family?

But we are her family too.

You know her only for few months Chanyeol. They know her for her whole life. Which do you think is more of a family?

True. But still….

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter