Chapter 12

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several weeks has passed since the meeting at Beijing. Chanyeol and Chanmi have regularly exchanging message and sometime Chanyeol will call her for a short chat. They are still awkward around each other but it is getting better. Baekhyun is also exchanging some text with Chanmi and sometimes he will tag along when Chanyeol is having phone call with Chanmi.

“Yeol-ah, Park omma’s birthday is coming soon right? Do you have anything plan for her birthday?” Baekhyun asks during their break time in between their dance practice.

“Yeah. I was about to tell you. We are planning to have a simple family dinner at the restaurant that my mom likes. So, clear your schedule on that day Byun Baek. Mom is very much expecting her second son to show up on her birthday dinner.” Chanyeol replies while playing on his phone.

“Yah! I am the eldest son here. If anything you are the second son.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue on that. A smirk appearing on his face and he takes out his phone to text someone.

“Why are you smirking Byun Baek? What are you planning?” Chanyeol who notices Baekhyun’s smirk feels that he is planning something evil again this time.

“Nope. I think I got my special birthday present for Park omma.” With that, Baekhyun skips away from Chanyeol while still texting on his phone leaving Chanyeol confuses on what is happening.

On the day of Mrs. Park’s birthday, Manager-hyung is kind enough to let the EXO members to have free day. Chanyeol is planning to go to his home to spend time with his family together with Baekhyun. It is his mom birthday afterall. However, what he didn’t expect is Baekhyun will reject his offer by saying that he has something to do during the day and will show up at the restaurant for the family dinner. Of course Chanyeol whines at that, saying something like ‘what’s more important than my mom birthday’. Baekhyun ignores it and still go out and doing what he plans to do leaving Chanyeol dumbfounded and goes back to his home on his own.

It is 7 pm now. Chanyeol and his family which consists of his father, mother, uncle, aunt and his cousin arrive at the restaurant. Baekhyun has yet show up at the restaurant.

Chanyeol POV

“Where is our Baekhyunnie, Chanyeol-ah? Did you tell him to come?” Mom asks when she notices that Baekhyun is not there yet.

“I don’t know. He says that he will meet us here but,-“ I got cut off when someone opens the door of our private room in the restaurant. All of us look at the door revealing a smiling Baekhyun.

“Happy birthday Park Omma! Sorry I am late. Something comes up and I have to get this special present for you.” Baekhyun straight away go to my mom and hugs her.

“It’s okay Baekhyunnie. I am happy you show up and you really don’t have to get me present. I am too old for this present thing.” Mom hugs him back. “Aigo, look at you. You look skinnier than the last time I see you. Do you have proper meals? Is my good for nothing giant son taking care of you?” My mom asks Baekhyun like it is the most normal conversation between them. I frowned at that while Baekhyun starts laughing.

“Mom!!! I am still here you know. And I am your real son not this puppy here! I won’t let him have you all by himself.” I pout and walk to my mom and hug her which sandwiching Baekhyun in between my mom and me. All of my family laughs at the heart warming scene.

“As much as I want to stay in between Park omma and this giant here, I think it is time to reveal my special present to Park omma.” Baekhyun wiggles his way out of our hugs and walk toward the door. All people in the room focus on Baekhyun. He drags someone/ something toward the room. My eyes widen in surprise when I see who he bring inside the room.

“Baek…it is not-“ I am too surprise to form a word while Baekhyun winks at me.

“It is Chanyeol-ah. So, Park omma, this or rather she is my special present for you.” Baekhyun smile nervously at my mom.

“Who is she, Baekhyunnie? Is she our little Baekhyunnie’s girlfriend?” My mom playfully asked.

“Park Omma!!! Of course no…She is…she is….Huang Hui Wen or you can also call her Park Ch- Chanmi” Baekhyun nervously says and cautiously looks at my mom to see her reaction. I also become nervous and looks over to my mom.

“Who? Did you say Chanmi? Did you mean our Chanmi?” Baekhyun nods on that. Tears start flowing out of my mom eyes. She looks shocked. She walks toward Baekhyun and Chanmi. Eyes on Chanmi studying her face and figure. My dad standing still, mouth opens like he want to say something but nothing comes out. Uncle and aunt is also have shocked expression on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter