Chapter 25

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment they arrived at SM office, executives of SM with their 3 manager hyungs are there. They are discussing Baekhyun’s issue.

“So, what is this rumor about? Care to explain?” Lee Soo Man looks at Baekhyun.

“We are not dating. It is just….”Baekhyun’s word is cut off by one of Marketing director.

“If you are not dating, then what is this? We checked it out and it is not photoshop. And we also recognize the girl in the photo. She is one of the new trainee.”

“Really now? You are going for the new trainee now?”

“Right when EXO is starting to recover from the departure of 3 members. I expect better things from you Baekhyun.”

“Is it how you going to repay us?”

Suddenly more harsh comment is thrown to Baek by SM executives. All the while Baekhyun just keep quiet while looking down. The members also keep quiet. Chan stealing a glance at Baek and seeing Baek with sad face while trying to hold his tears is really heartbreaking for him. He wants to help but he doesn’t know how.

“ENOUGH!” Suddenly Lee Soo Man shouts enough to shut up all the SM executives. Everyone is paying attention to him now. “We can’t change what has happened. So, let’s focus on solving the issue.” Everyone nods at him. “As I have been thinking, I can’t risk people to find out who is that girl. She is one of the trainees that I have my eyes on to be debuted. She has great potential and it will ruin my plan for her from the hate of EXO’s fans.” Everyone nods again.

“So, any suggestion on how to die down the rumor?” One of executive bravely asked. Lee Soo Man smiles at that.

“In fact, I have.” He pauses for a moment to look at Baekhyun. “I have always fond of you Baekhyun. I would gladly give you your freedom to date if only you stay out of trouble but you give me no choice now.” All EXO’s members are holding their breath by that. It would not be something good and they know it. “But after all, I think this would be good for all of us including you.” Baekhyun looks with eyes full of worry at the CEO. The CEO just smiles reassuringly at him and then averts his eyes to their public relation department head.

“We will keep quiet for now. Don’t release any official statement.” He then looks over at EXO’s manager. “I need you to call SNSD’s manager and arrange a date for Taeyoen and Baekhyun tonight.” Everyone gasp at that. Why the hell does he needs to arrange a date for them? “Contact the media and ask them to take photo of the date. Make sure to show their face clearly but still convincing enough. We will release an official statement after that. From now on, Baekhyun is dating Taeyeon. Everyone clear?” Everyone nods except for the EXO members. They look pitifully at Baek and chanyeol just look down unable to contend his sadness.

“What about noona? Will she get hate because of it? Don’t we need her agreement on this? And what about me? What if I say no?” Baekhyun voice comes out soft but still enough to be heard be everyone in the room.

“Do you think you still have the right to refuse it after everything you done? This is all because of you!” One of the executive scowls at him.

“Son, believe me. Taeyeon will agree on it. She will get the hate but she will also get the benefit from it. She will survive. As for you, this is the best that I can do for you. At least, it is with Taeyeon. You will be fine with her.” Lee Soo Man is not a hearless guys. But, he has to do this in order for his company to survive. He gives a final fatherly smile to Baekhyun before he dismisses the meeting.

 

It is a rare sight in EXO’s dorm. Everyone is silent and nobody talk. Luhan has cancelled his trip back to China and choose to visit EXO’s dorm after he heard about the ultimatum from the CEO. He is in Baekhyun’s room together with Kyungsoo. The others just let them be because they know Baek will need his bestfriend support at this time. All of them know the bond between the three members which they used to tease them as Girls Talk Time.

“Tonight 1 am. Taeyeon will come to pick Baekhyun up.” Manager hyung sighs again.

“Does it really have to come to this? Maybe if we just let it be then the rumor will die down.”Suho try to negotiate.

“You heard the CEO, Suho. I also hate to do this but we have no other choice. But like what the CEO said, think of the good side. At least it is with Taeyeon. As far as I know, they like each other. Right? It might be good for them.” Manager hyung tries to convince them.

“I guess you are right.” Chen says this time. Everyone nods and agrees with him. It is true that everyone think that Baek has feeling for Taeyeon. But, it must be disappointing for him to be forced into the relationship before he even confessed. All of them know that the kiss must be forced by Chanmi. Everyone has guessed it except for Chanyeol.

As dumb as he can be, Chanyeol seems to think differently from the others. He thinks that Baek is sad and disappointed because his relationship with Chanmi is denied by the agency. Now that he thinks about it, maybe Taeyeon is just a phase and Baek has realized that the one that he likes is Chanmi. So, he can’t help but feel sad for Baekhyun and Chanmi. And his heart is bleeding since starting from tomorrow, Baek will officially be Taeyeon’s boyfriend.

 

Chanyeol is slowly going crazy. He is worry sick about Baekhyun. It’s been more than 6 hours Baekhyun locked himself in his room. And he doesn’t know what to do. He tried to ask Kyungsoo or Luhan when they came out of the room once to get water but they refused to tell him anything. He keeps pacing around the living room, kitchen and just everywhere. He can’t sit still because of his worry.

When the clock strikes 12.30 am, all of the members are still up. Yixing goes to call Baekhyun to prepare. He has to prepare for his date after all. They have told Kyungsoo and Luhan to inform him about the date previously. Everyone look at the door when the click sound from door opening is heard. What they didn’t expect is Baekhyun practically skips out of his room, full make up and dress impressively. No tears stain is visible on his face. His appearance is grace with his small smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. Everyone release their breath since it looks like Baekhyun is fine. Everyone is relieved except for 1 people who is still frowning.

“Sorry. I take a long time to prepare for my date, right? I can’t look like a peasant beside Tae-noona, right?” Baekhyun playfully said and everyone laugh with him.

“You worried us, Hyun-ah. Don’t do this anymore. Okay?” Suho exclaims with smile.

Chanyeol just standing examine everything. Baekhyun is smiling but his smile is not his usual beautiful rectangular smile with his crescent eyes. His eyes make up do a good job to cover his puffy eyes but it is still visible to him. His voice is hoarse, not his usual high pitched and cheerful sound. He tries hard to cover everything not to worry s but it is still shown clearly to Chanyeol.

“Why Baek? Let us share your pain. We are one. We are in this together. We will always by your side no matter what happened.” Chanyeol internally screams out.

“I better go now. Noona is here.” Baek checks on his phone message and said not long after. Everyone just nods and after some good luck wishes from the members, he goes out of the dorm.

“Thank god he is fine. Hopefully nothing bad will happen. I seriously have a bad feeling about this.” Suho says afterward.

Everyone went to their own room after that with Luhan staying at the free bed in Xiumin’s room. Chanyeol however has other idea in his mind. Before Kyungsoo reaches his room, Chanyeol pull him into his and Baek’s room. He sighs because he knows what that idiot giant wants.

“If it is about Baekhyun, then don’t bother to ask. I promise him not to say anything. So just save your energy and time Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo says once the room door is closed.

“Soo, please. I know he is not fine. Heck, his eyes is still puffy even with that thick eyes make up.” Chanyeol is desperate. He needs to know what is in Baekhyun’s mind.

“Chan, on the first day of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter