Chapter 18

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone is sitting quietly in the room while the new trainees are nervously making their introduction trying to impress their senior. After a round of introduction by the new trainees, the CEO clears his throat signaling that he will continue with his important announcement.

“So, some of you might have already knows that we will have some collaboration between the trainees and our artists. We have conducted secret evaluation on your talents for this past few months and I have to say that some of you really have impressed me. So, I decided that we will select 10 trainees in this collaboration project. Depends on your performance, we might actually put you under our next debut list. So, put your 101% effort on it. Now, I will announce the lucky trainees.” The CEO takes out a piece of paper from the envelope. All the trainees seem to be nervous except for the newly accepted one since they just joined and it is quite impossible for them to be on the list.

“Lee Sang Min (trainee) x Soo Young (SNSD), Park Hae Sung (trainee) x Chen (EXO), Kim Ha Ri (trainee) x Onew (Shinee)….” The list goes on and there is in total of 10 collaborations with trainee and 5 collaborations among SM current artists. After the announcement, all the artists went out their separate way after saying goodbye to one another.

All EXO members are gathering at their training room in the SM building. They don’t have anything for that day and their manager has told them to wait in the training room since he has some important announcement as well before they are free to be back to the dorm or anywhere. Chanyeol keeps trying to call someone on his phone while Baekhyun just sitting quietly beside him.

“So, do you really have no idea that she is one of the trainees now, Chanyeol?” Suho started.

“Yeah, I mean she is your sister right? How can you don’t know about it?” Xiumin added. Chanyeol looks at them and shook his head quietly.

“I don’t even know she is in Seoul now. And become our trainee. And with the collaboration things going on now, ……” She will have the chance to be closer to Baek. I don’t even know what am I suppose to do now.

Their manager comes in before they could continue on the discussion. “Alright guys. So you know about your collaboration stage. Chen, Kai and DO, you guys will have stage with the trainee. So, here is your schedule for the practices. I expect you to guide them well. They are extremely talented trainee so you will have no problem. But keep in mind, don’t let them overshadow you.” Manager handed them their schedule for the month with some additional practice here and there.

“Next, Baekhyun. Yours is a bit special since you are not only having a stage with trainee but also a senior. A lot of fans have been requesting for a stage between you and Taeyeon so I guess we can safely said that this is the most expecting stage of all. The management feels like it is a good chance to add a trainee in this performance just to introduce her to public. If she can keep up, they might debut her in few months. Her fate is partially on your hand. Do your best and don’t let her down Baek. Take it.” Manager handed the schedule to Baekhyun as well.

“As for the other, I know you don’t have any special stage but you will have individual schedule and also take this chance to prepare for your upcoming comeback. Understand?” Everybody nods. “Okay, you might go now. And remember to be careful.” With that Manager walks out.

“It would be fun, right? I mean I am having stage with people that I am familiar with. Tae-noona and Chanmi.” Everyone can feel the excitement in Baekhyun and started to smile except for Chanyeol. Noticing that, Baekhyun pats his head. “Don’t worry Yeol. I can help you take care of her.” Chanyeol force a smile to Baekhyun. But, that is not what I am worrying about. Nothing good will happen with you, your crush and your admirer on a stage together. It will be hell.

 “OPPAAAA!!!!” A high pitched voice was heard all of sudden and the members look at the direction of the sound. It is Chanmi who excitedly make her way to where Baekhyun is sitting. “I am so happy that we are having stage together.” She sits beside Baekhyun and circled her arm around Baek’s arm. Everyone looks with their wide eyes, surprise that the girl is going to Baekhyun instead of Chanyeol but they let it go.

They are still chatting happily and they left the practice room soon after. Chanmi still have a lot of practices with the other trainee so they bid her goodbye.

Few days after, it is finally the first day of Baekhyun’s collaboration stage practice. He comes to the practice room with happy mood only to met two girls glaring at each other as if they are ready to eat each other alive. “Hi” Baekhyun awkwardly say once he enters the room. Chanmi’s face immediately smiling and skip over to Baekhyun when she heard him. Taeyeon obviously unhappy with it and openly glare at them. Baekhyun look over to Taeyeon for help only to be ignored.

They started the practice soon after. Their performance is mainly on their vocal with some small dance to compliment it. Chanmi has great voice and with some practice it would be amazing. However, her dance is quite bad which earn some scolding from the instructor and Taeyeon is particularly hard on her. The instructor eventually asks Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter