Chapter 30

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since the incident with Chanyeol. It has been a week since Baekhyun has been ignoring Chanyeol. He has moved out of their shared room on the day they back to their dorm. He has slept at the living room since then. Nobody really comment on anything since they know it must be because of Chanyeol’s incident. Except Kai and Kyungsoo, no one knows the detail of the incident but they just put it aside thinking that Baekhyun only need some space from Chanyeol. Baekhyun acts as usual with the other members though so they are not that worry about him.

Chanyeol on the other hand is a different story. He has been devastated. He has been staying in his studio almost the whole time except when there is schedule. He always shows up with red puffy eyes on their schedule. Their make up artist has been complaining about it. Once, the PD of the variety show he is attending is complaining about Chanyeol. He didn’t talk at all during the recording. He has earned an hour of scolding from the company, manager and Suho.

The other members also notice that Kyungsoo has been throwing some killing glares at Chanyeol. It is almost like Chanyeol is his enemy. He went as far as refused to cook for him. Sehun has once asked him the reason behind his sudden hate on Chanyeol but he dismiised him by saying that “Chanyeol is a jerk and I hate jerk.” During that time, Kai will be the one comforting Chanyeol.

Today, the company has decided to give them 3 days break and said that “I had enough of complain about EXO recently. You better used this 3 days break to fix whatever is going on. I don’t want to hear any of these anymore when you come back for the concert. Or else, I won’t care if we have to let go of another member.” That has triggered Suho to call for a family meeting back in the dorm.

“So, I thought letting you guys to fix your problem by yourselves. But it has come to a point that the company doesn’t want to endure your behavior anymore, especially you Chanyeol. There are a lot of complain on you recently. Care to explain?” Suho starts the family meeting with annoyed expression on. He doesn’t want any other member getting kick out of EXO again.

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol mutters softly.

Suho sighs. “I don’t need your sorry Chanyeol-ah. The company has given us 3 days break to fix up ourselves for the concert. This concert is really important for us.” He then looks over to Baekhyun. “It is the first time Baek will face the fans after the dating issue. We need to do well, or better you need to do really well to earn back the fans trust again. Do you understand?” Suho asks everyone and all of them nod but still keep quiet.

Suho sighs again. “Chanyeol and Baekhyun, you are like my brother and I love you guys equally. But this situation now is getting out of hand. Can you guys just talk it out?” He asks both of them. Chanyeol nods but Baekhyun just keep quiet.

“I don’t have anything to talk to him.” He says softly but you can still feel the sadness and anger in his voice.

“Please Baek. Do it for me?” Suho pleads again. Baekhyun looks at Suho’s determined eyes and the mutters “Fine” with a sigh.

They go to their shared room (or Chanyeol’s room since Baekhyun has moved out) and the members gladly give them the privacy they need. Chanyeol sits at the corner of the bed and Baekhyun sits at the chair just across the bed. Baekhyun still avoids any eye contact with him.

“I am sorry, Baek.”

Silence.

“I am wrong but please believe that I didn’t mean to do any of it. I was drunk and I didn’t even remember any of it. I didn’t mean to hurt you. Please say something. Shout at me, punch me, kick me or do anything to me just don’t ignore me. Don’t treat me like invincible, Baek. It’s hurt.” Chanyeol starts crying again. He doesn’t even know how much tears has been cry out by him since the incident. He knows he looks weak but he doesn’t care about it anymore. He needs his Baek back in his life.

Baekhyun scoffs at that. “What do you want me to say? Forgive you? I am not that saint Park Chanyeol. You were drunk? You don’t remember? Does it erase the fact that you slept with someone else? You should think about it even before you drink. I hurt you? Do you even think about how hurt I am to know that my boyfriend slept with someone else? Do you even think about me before you did any of it?” He let out a bitter laugh. “How is it? Is it fun to hurt me? Did you enjoy the night?” Baekhyun is also crying at this point.

“That is not what I mean Baek. You know I love you! And I already said that I don’t remember! How can I enjoy it when I don’t even remember any of it!” He has stand up at this point and frustratedly shouts out loud. Loud enough for the members in the living room to hear it. He grabs Baekhyun’s shoulder and forces him to look at his eyes. “Tell me Baek. What should I do? What can I do to earn you forgiveness? Just please don’t leave me.”  He then proceeds to hug Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sees the sincerity in Chanyeol’s eyes and immediately soften his defence. “Ch-chanyeol, I – I…”

Before he could say anything, Chanyeol’s phone rings. Chanyeol wants to ignore it but Baekhyun asks him to take a look so he silently picks up his phone and sees that there is a message from Chanmi. He is mixed between happy and fear. Happy because finally Chanmi contact him and he might get his answer to what really happen that night. Fear because the anwer might not a good one. He has been trying to contact Chanmi after the incident but there is no reply from her. He opens the message regardless.

From: Chanmi

Oppa, hope you enjoy our night out. Here a picture as a present from my friend. She really had fun that night and she hopes to do it again next time. Enjoy the photo.

PS: Should I also send it to Baek-oppa?

***Photo***

There is a photo that comes with the message. The photo of shirtless Chanyeol sleeping with arms wraps around the waist of a girl sleeping beside of him. Chanyeol eyes widen due to shock. He didn’t even notice that Baekhyun has walked and stand beside him. His finger quickly reaches for the delete button but before he could do anything, Baekhyun has taken his phone from him.

Baekhyun stares at the photo. His face flushes red due to anger. He smiles again bitterly and hands back the phone to Chanyeol. “We are over Park Chanyeol.” He walks out of the room.

“Baek….Please….Don’t do this to me…Please. I really didn’t mean it. Please, Baek.” Chanyeol falls to his knee and continues to sob even after Baekhyun left the room. Soon after, a fuming Kyungsoo comes inside the room with Kai and the other members following closely behind him

“ you Park Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo launches a punch at his face and then leaves the room. Kai quickly goes to Chanyeol to help him up. He let Chanyeol sits on the bed and signals other member to leave them alone for now. The members who are still shock from the scene of angry Kyungsoo just nod and follow Kai’s request.

“What happened hyung? Why is Baek-hyung comes out looking more upset than before?” Kai carefully asks.

“I didn’t mean to hurt him Kai-ah. I –I….You have to believe me Kai. I love him. I really do. Please….He can’t just leave me. I need him.” Chanyeol just cry his heart out. It is even hard for him to form a coherent sentence anymore. Kai notices that he has been gripping hardly. Thinking that there might be something related to the phone, he takes the phone from Chanyeol’s hand. Chanyeol doesn’t really fight back since he can’t even think straight right now. The message shows up immediately when Kai press the button on the phone.

“Did Baek-hyung see this photo?” Chanyeol nods and Kai sighs from his answer. “No wonder he looks so broken just now. I don’t even know what to say anymore. You deserve the punch, hyung. I am on Baek-hyung side this time.”Chanyeol just stays quiet with head looks down and tears continues on flowing out of his eyes. “You need to fix the issue with your sister first if you want Baek-hyung back. Or else, you will just end up hurting Baek-hyung again.” Kai press few buttons on the phone, delete the message and hands back the phone to Chanyeol. He left the room after that. That night, Chanyeol cries to sleep.

And the situation is not any better with Baekhyun too. When Baekhyun came out from the room with tears streaming down his pale cheek, Kyungsoo instantly ran to him and asked him what happened. But Baekhyun only continues to sob and mutter “it’s over” repeatedly. Kyungsoo is really mad seeing his bestfriend crying like this. He snapped and ran to Chanyeol’s room and delivered him a punch on his face.

When he came out of the room, Baekhyun is already seated on his bed in the living room, hugging his knee to his chest and still sobbing quietly. Sehun is by his side trying to comfort him but fails miserable. Kyungsoo sighs and goes to his side.

“Baek…”

“It’s okay Soo. I’m fine. Please leave me alone.”

It worries all the members because Baekhyun has never refuses to talk to Kyungsoo. He literally tells Kyungsoo about everything. Kyungsoo calls Luhan, hoping that Baekhyun will wants to talk to him. But, Baekhyun rejects Luhan’s call as well. Luhan just calls Kyungsoo after that and informs him that he will fly to Seoul tomorrow morning. Two of them together with Chanyeol are the closest member to Baekhyun and everyone is aware of that. It makes them relieve and hope that Luhan and Kyungsoo will be able to cheer him up this time as well. One by one, they go to their room and give Baekhyun the space that he wanted.

When Kai enters his shared room with Kyungsoo, he is welcomed by a murderous glare from his roommate. He gulps down because it looked really s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter