Chapter 23

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

“Oppa, can we talk?”

Chanmi POV

After last night event, I feel really uneasy. I have hard time to sleep and only manage to sleep for 2 hours before I wake up from nightmare. Never in my life would I ever think that one day I would step this low and pull out think kind of things. I know what I did was not right but I just can’t help it. Of course I felt guilty but I can’t help it. I needed this. I can’t afford to be rejected once again. Not after spending few years to pick up my broken pieces.

When I walk out of the room, I notice the atmosphere is not good. No one try to talk to me. Not even Baek oppa. He looks gloomy. I have no idea what is happening so I just silently walk to the living room and try to distract myself by watching tv. They are talking but I just block everything out. It feels like school all over again where everyone is ignoring me. I have to stay strong. I don’t remember who suggested it but they decided to go to the beach today and I just agree.

At the beach, I started to feel sleepy so I decided to let my eyes rest while thinking about my next plan.

“I am sorry but I sort of agree with noona”

I heard it vaguely but I still can catch what they are talking but I don’t understand anything. What noona? Agree with what? However, the next word is not clear so I try to block everything out and focus on the sound. The next word that I can catch on really hurt me.

“Let Chanyeol take care of his sister. She is not your responsibility after all.”

So, this is about me. Why everyone want to separate me from oppa?

I won’t let anyone ruin my perfect plan. I have to get oppa by any means. I am thinking of my next plan and without realizing I fell asleep due to the sleepiness.

When I wake up, all of them have been sitting and having their lunch. I approach them and make my way and sit beside Baek-oppa. I am not stupid so I notice that the mood become down when I approached them but I just don’t care. I can take advantage of this. I will execute my plan after the lunch. When I saw Baek-oppa approaching Chanyeol-oppa, I know I have to be faster than him. So, I pull on his shirt just for the sake of look innocent. “Oppa, can we talk?”

Of course, Baek-oppa won’t reject me as expected. We walk to the other side of the beach while the others are packing up and prepare to leave.

“What do you want to talk about Chanmi-ah?”

“Oppa, I’m sorry.” I start. I act like I am about to cry with tears pooling in my eyes. Baek-oppa of course will freak out from that.

“What? Why are you apologizing, Chanmi-ah? And why are you crying? Is there something wrong?”

“I feel like it is my wrong for whatever happening yesterday. I heard noona told you that Chan-oppa is crying and I am worried about Chan-oppa so I run out to him without thinking. I don’t know even think about how dangerous it is. I make you and Chan-oppa worried. I shouldn’t run out like that. I know everyone is blaming me because of last night. But, I swear it is not my intention to get you guys worried about me.” I feel proud of myself. I think I don’t even need the acting class anymore. I internally smirk looking at Baek-oppa’s expression full of pity looking at me.

“Chanmi-ah…it’s not your fault. T-they are just….” I know Baek-oppa really want to comfort me but there is no word coming out so I just save him.

“It’s okay oppa. I understand. Chan-oppa has put in some sense into my head as well last night. I shouldn’t bother you too much right? I get it now and will avoid you as much as I can. I won’t even talk to you if not needed. I don’t want to become problem to you.”

“WHAT? What did Chanyeol say to you? Aish…that idiot! No, Chanmi-ah. I am sure Chanyeol didn’t mean whatever he said last night. Of course you don’t have to avoid me. I will put some sense in that idiot’s head later.” Yes. This is the respond that I want. Slowly but surely, Baek-oppa will be mine.

“Really?  I can still talk to you?” I look at Baek-oppa in the eyes with tears streaming down my cheek. I slightly look behind Baek-oppa and see that Chan-oppa is looking at us from his spot few meters behind. He can clearly see us but he can’t hear what we are talking about. So, I step closer to Baek-oppa and hug him. Baek-oppa frozen at my action.“Thank you oppa. I am really lonely here. No one is on my side. I know no one like me here. I don’t know why but even all the noona hate me. When Chan-oppa asks me to stay away from you, I was devastated. I don’t know what to do. I – I…”

Finally, with my last outburst, Baek-oppa hugs me back and draws circles at my back. “I am here Chanmi-ah. No one hates you. They just don’t understand you. Just talk to them. They are not bad people. They will understand.”

I look at Chan-oppa direction again and see him turn around and walk away. I can’t help but smile at that. Luckily, Baek-oppa can’t see my face now.

“I guess we should head back now. I think the others have finished packing and are waiting for us now.” Baek-oppa said after few minutes of silence and my fake tears are drying.

“Sure oppa. Thanks again.” I said and put some fake smile on my face. We walk back to the others. Some of them are frowning, some of them just don’t care and some of them even make some suggestive comment about I and Baek-oppa relationship which I happily smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter