Ottokae Part 2

Listen to Me

Chapter 9: Ottokae Part 2

 

It was half-past nine when Miyoung arrived at the park. And Jinki was already there waiting by a bench.

“Jinki,” she called him as she got closer. “How did you get here so fast?”

“Borrowed my mom’s car,” he said, dangling the car key near his face.

“Oh,” Miyoung nodded.

“What happened? Is something wrong?” Jinki asked as he took a good look of Miyoung. “You sound anxious”

Miyoung made a face, “I texted you. How can you hear the anxiousness in my voice?”

Jinki chuckled and poked her temple. Usually Miyoung’s reflexes would have been to poke Jinki back on his side but important matter first.

“I think Jonghyun figured it out. He was being suspicious about how I’m always missing when you didn’t turn up for football. I think he figures it out,” Miyoung explained a little too panicky.

Jinki let out a soft chuckle. Miyoung usually wasn’t that scared of Jonghyun and seeing Miyoung like this had him thinking, ‘she really is a miss softy on the inside’.

“This is not funny,” and Miyoung smacked his arm. Hard.

“I know but you look so cute,” Jinki laughed as he rubbed his sore arm.

“Stop. This is serious,” Miyoung smacked his arm again.

 

She slumped down on the bench and sulked.

 Jinki cleared his throat, pulled himself together and then took a seat next to Miyoung.

“So, what happened if Jonghyun was to find out our secret meetings?” Jinki asked.

“You die,” Miyoung answered in a dark tone which made Jinki laughed once again.

“Oh come on. Your brother can’t even kill a fly,” Jinki managed to say.

“You don’t know him like I do,” Miyoung exclaimed. “He would kill”

“Come on, Ming. He wouldn’t. Besides, we were just hanging out,” There was a tone of sadness in his voice as he said that.

MIyoung,” Miyoung corrected her name to lessen the sudden awkwardness of the situation.

Miyoung felt the guilt that she always felt when Jinki brought up this subject up.

 

Jinki had more than once confesses his feelings, in a very subtle way, to Miyoung. He once asked what they were doing during those times they were together; were they considered ‘dating’ or just ‘hanging out’. Miyoung’s quick respond was ‘just hanging out’. Jinki looked disappointed for a fraction of seconds and then smiled as if her answer meant no great deal to him.

 

“Maybe we shouldn’t meet in secret anymore?” Jinki quietly suggested. “Maybe Jonghyun won’t feel betrayed? Or maybe he would just simply approve?”

 

Miyoung looked at Jinki and found reassurance in his eyes. Yes, maybe Jonghyun would approve of them being friends. Or more than friends?

 

“Would you mind if we no longer meet in secrets? Will it be ok if we hang out in public?” Jinki asked her carefully. Miyoung giggled at the term ‘public’. Like they were some celebrity or something.

 

Miyoung turned away and exhaled the breath that she didn’t know she was holding. “You might get hurt,” she said.

 

“I doubt it. If that was the case, Minho wouldn’t be around anymore,” Jinki chuckled. Miyoung laughed to that too.

 

Jinki let out a sigh, “all I’m saying is that we both enjoyed each others company and we get along just fine. So, why do we have to be a secret? I miss those times when I can bully you in front of Jonghyun. Now, I can’t even look you in the eye when he’s around. It’s frustrating,” he shook his head lightly.

 

“Me too. I miss harassing you in public too,” Miyoung laughed as she emphasize the word ‘public’. She really did missed those times. Now, with Jonghyun protectiveness issue, they couldn’t do the tiniest of gestures towards each other because they were afraid that Jonghyun might smell their fishiness.

 

Then all of the sudden, Jinki turned abruptly towards her and said the most shocking thing Miyoung had ever heard.

“Don’t you like hanging out with me?” was Jinki’s sudden question.

“Jinki, what are you saying? Of course I do,” Miyoung answered almost immediately.

“Then, why are hiding our friendship?”

“You know why; Jonghyun will kill you for getting close to me. He’d thought you’re gona be like Minho,”

“But I’m not. Do you think I would do the things Minho did to you?”

 

Miyoung shook her head. Honestly, Jinki had been doing all the things that Miyoung wished Minho would do. Compared to what Minho had done, Miyoung was sure Jonghyun would agree in a heartbeat, if he found out all the things Jinki did to/for her, for Jinki to go out with Miyoung.

 

“So, can we not be a secret anymore? Can we go back to when we were bickering and harassing each other, all the time, even in front of your brother?” Jinki kindly suggested. The softness of his voice made Miyoung felt like she could agree to anything that he just said.

But something was out of tune with the beating of her heart.

If they were to go back like how they used to, meaning, Jinki would once again treat her like a little sister and Miyoung won’t feel special anymore. Miyoung didn’t want that.

 

“Your pause is telling me that you don’t agree,” Jinki’s smile was so big and full of pride. Miyoung frowned.

“What are you so happy about?” she asked eyeing him suspiciously.

“You’ll miss spending the time alone with me, right?” his smile turned into a grin. Miyoung huff-ed and pushed him away.

Jinki was laughing his head off and Miyoung continued to pout. How on earth did he just read my mind?

After a few minutes, Jinki pushed himself up to sat up straight again and he let out one last laugh before he took a deep breath and resume the conversation.

“But really, would you miss the time we spent together?” he asked again, in a more serious tone.

 

Miyoung felt a little blush creeping on her cheeks as she shrugged. Jinki smiled, knowing that she would miss them too.

 

“I don’t understand what’s holding you back. Are you scared that I’ll leave you like Minho did?” Jinki asked after a moment of silent.

 

 “It’s complicated,” she whispered. It’s not about leaving; it’s about bringing him back with the cost of your feelings.

 

“Would you trust me?” Jinki asked as he reached out to hold her hands.

“Trust you?” Miyoung asked, confuse.

 

“I know it’s a lot to ask but would you trust me and give me the chance to prove to you that I am not like Minho?” Jinki was looking thru her eyes, trying to read her mind. She was hesitating.

 

“I…Jinki, I-”

 

“Just one chance, Mingyoung. One chance,” Jinki almost pleaded.

 

“It’s MIyoung,” she chuckled as she looked down.

 

She had never felt so guilty in her life. Here he was pouring his heart out to her when all she planned to do from the beginning was to break it. She had half a heart to tell him the truth at that moment but as she looked up into his eyes, she lost all courage. The sincerity in them was overwhelming and she didn’t dare to continue.

 

MINGyoung,” Jinki whispered softly as he caressed her face with his fingers.

 

From his touch, Miyoung felt her cheeks burning up and she looked down again.

She couldn’t understand why she was acting that way; her heart was racing, she tummy felt like it was invaded by a thousand butterflies, and the weather is hot all of a sudden. Super hot.

 

Miyoung felt Jinki moved closer to her. Before she could do anything else, Jinki had his fingers on her chin now, tilting her head up so that she was looking at him again. She could tell that he was nervous because the tips of his fingers were a little shaky on her chin. She was nervous too. All these moves he was initiating were making her light-headed. She knew she had to stop him from going any further but deep down, she liked this. She liked this feelings and she wanted to be selfish.

As Jinki’s face grew nearer, Miyoung closed her eyes and waited. Seconds later, she felt a soft peck of Jinki’s lips on hers. She didn’t have to wait long for the second one to come and it slowly turned into sweet kisses which Miyoung gladly returned. Her hands brushed over his chest as she moved them around his neck while his hands wrapped around her tiny waist as they continued to kiss.

 

After a few minutes, Miyoung gently pulled back. Jinki pulled her closer still and continue to peck her lips, not wanting to stop.

“I have to go,” Miyoung pulled further away. She felt her cheeks turning warm again. But she was smiling.

“Ok,” Jinki breathed. “I’ll drive you home”. Miyoung just nodded.

Jinki gave one last kiss on her forehead then stood up. He held out his hand to Miyoung and she grabbed it and they walked hand in hand out of the park.

 

And for once, Minho didn’t cross her mind. All she was thinking about was Jonghyun’s reaction to their good news.

))

 

As Miyoung lay on her bed after her nightly routine, she couldn’t stop but touch her lips. She could still feel his soft lips on hers.

She smiled at the thought of what just happened. Jinki was usually a dorky person but at that moment in time, he was like the most perfect person in the world. Even much more perfect than Minho.

Minho. why couldn’t he be like Jinki?

And why hadn’t he turned up yet in front of her and confessed that he is much a better guy than Jinki?

I doubt it. Jinki is so much better than him. Jinki doesn’t make me wait.

 

Miyoung tossed and her bed contemplating her own feelings. She knew all these answers but why was she still waiting and hoping for Minho?

 

What more do you want, Miyoung?

 

A buzz from her side table startled her stopped her from her reveries. She turned sideways and reached for her phone. Jinki’s name was on her screen. She just received a text from him. This made her smile even wider.

 

I’m your boyfriend now, right? Miyoung giggled at his boldness and was about to reply when she received another one from him.

 

Are you having second thought?

 

Miyoung shook her head in disbelief and replied No, silly. You are my boyfriend.

 

And you’re my girlfriend. xD

 

Yes, I am. :D

 

So, how are we breaking the news to Jonghyun tomorrow?

 

Ha ha ha that’s your job as a boyfriend. Do well.

 

Oho we’re partners. We do things together.

 

And I trust you do well in this, Jinki. Hwaiting. ^^v

 

Ha ha ha we’ll think more of that tomorrow. Are you going to sleep?

 

Was about to but you texted me. Liar. After what happened, you think anyone could have a shut eye?

 

Oh. Here I thought you weren’t able to sleep after what just happened. :(

 

Hehe it’s past midnight already. We should both have some shut eyes.

 

If you said so. Good Night my Mingyoung.

 

It’s MIyoung.Gosh. why did my mom gave me this name?

 

))))

 


 

Tada. I know I said a few hours but Tada!!

second Part of Ottakae is up and... I can't say anything about when's the next chapter is going to be posted.

Forgive me fellow subscribers.

I shall procrastinate less and be confident about my work. thus, post faster. hehe

Thank you so much for keeping up with this story, eventhough it's progressing kinda slow. and please continue to support me?

xD

oh. I almost forgot. THANK YOU TO MY NEW SUBSCRIBERS; cLei-cLei22, YooniqueDJ and just now vanaja. KAMSAMIDA! you guys just made my day. ;D