Took a Chance Part 2

Listen to Me

Chapter 13: Took a Chance Part 2

 

 

“So, where are we going?” Miyoung asked Minho as they waited at the bus station. Minho smirked and knocked Miyoung’s head with his knuckle gently.

“Jonghyun made you promise to tell him where ever it is that we’re going?” Minho asked with a grinned.

“Yeeahh, or I won’t be standing here with you. It’s your fault anyway,” Miyoung answered trying to act cool about the situation.

“I guess so. I’m craving for some Jajangmyeon, you ok if we go eat first?” Minho asked just as the bus made a stop in front of them.

Miyoung shrugged, “Ok. I’m kinda hungry too since, you know, I literally just woke up”.

Minho laughed and indicated that Miyoung should get into the bus.

Miyoung smiled and stepped onto the bus while Minho followed closely behind her.

 

Miyoung picked the middle seats and sat near the window. She let out a light sigh. Jinki always made her sat by the window whenever they went out coz he said that way Miyoung’s in the safe zone.

 

“Safe zone? What’s that?” Miyoung asked incredulously.

“meaning, when people passed by, maybe their things fell, it would hit me first before they hit you,” Jinki answered matter of factly.

Miyoung rolled her eyes at how lame and cliché that explanation was and Jinki laughed when he caught her at it.

“That is so lame,” Miyoung voiced out her opinion. Jinki just grinned and grabbed her hand and held it tight.

“But you like it, don’t you? You like this lame person,” Jinki’s voice turned a key lower than normal and it was the iest.

“No,” Miyoung answered blushingly. She turned her head away from Jinki and looked out of the window.

 

Yes, Miyoung like that a lot about Jinki. He was so simple. If he wanted it, he’d just do it. Not caring what people would think of it.

 

“Care to share?” came Minho’s voice from beside her head and made her came back to reality.

“No,” she laughed.

“It must’ve been something so nice to have made you smile like that,” Minho chuckled. Miyoung let out a giggle and nodded shyly.

“And what was it?” Minho jokingly pried. Miyoung laughed, shaking her head.

“You ask too much, Choi Minho,” was all she said and Minho decided to give it a rest. For now.

 

Miyoung wondered why Minho was acting the way he did. She was happy of course, because Minho was initiating everything but she realized it was only half-heartedly. Minho was initiating everything, like she always wanted him to be but why does it feel like something is missing?

 

After Jajangmyeon, Minho decided they hang out at the park. Miyoung blushed a little when she saw the bench where Jinki and her often share their little kisses at night when they were out dating secretly. Minho noticed her quiet demeanor but decided to brush it off. Miyoung must have felt awkward for they used to walk this park back when they were dating.

He didn’t quite treat her right back then; she would feel all excited, swinging their hands and Minho would usually tugged on his hand and put them in his pocket instead. Miyoung would blush but continue to hold on to his bended arm to wash off the embarrassment she must have felt that time.

They continued to walk a little further inside the park. They were both still in their own world and refuses to start a conversation first.

 

“Look,” Miyoung finally said. She was pointing at something ahead of her. Minho followed her gazed and smiled. She was pointing at a basketball court. Back when they were dating, Miyoung always challenged him to a game and the winner gets their wishes granted. Miyoung often loses because Minho knew what she was thinking; if she wins, she got to tell Minho what to do, and Minho didn’t want that. So he always won and left Miyoung pouting.

Now that he thought of those memories, it occurred to him that he never really did anything to cheer her up afterward. Did I make her cry because of that?

 

“3 shot?” Miyoung said. There was glee in her voice as she asked him that question. Minho was brought back to earth when he heard her.

“But we didn’t have a ball-” Minho was cut short when Miyoung pointed towards a couple of kids who were on their way towards the basketball, bouncing off their ball to one another along the way.

“Winners get their wishes granted for the day?” Minho challenged back. Miyoung nodded excitedly and had Minho laughing. “Alright, you take the first shot” and Minho ran after the kids and persuade them to borrow him the ball for a little while.

 

Miyoung lost. Again. She pouted, crossed her arms and turned her back to Minho. he laughed. he never realized just how cute she looked acting like that.

He threw the ball back to the kids, thanking them before he made his way towards Miyoung. He stood infront of her but she huffed and turned the other way. Minho smiled.

“My first wish for the day; let me buy you an ice cream. You choice of flavor,” Minho cocked his head to the side to get a better look at Miyoung.

Miyoung liked her ice cream and cannot resist. She slowly turned her head towards Minho, failing to hide her smile, “two scoops?”

 

Minho was his own ice cream as they continued to wonder the park. Miyoung was happily scooping up her ice cream into ; she had two scoop of strawberry ice cream in a cup.

 

They settled on a bench near the artificial lake and watched as a few small boats float around, paddled by love birds.

 

“What was the purpose of this?” Miyoung quietly asked. Minho frowned.

“Purpose of what?” Minho asked not quite getting what Miyoung was saying.

“This?” she said again, pointing at the two of them. “What’s the purpose of us hanging out today? You never seemed to bother before”

“Oh. Well, why not?” Minho asked back. He bite off the last of his cone and brushed his hand on his pants.

Miyoung felt a little annoyed by his respond and ate her ice cream faster.

Minho noticed the way she stabbed her spoon into the cup and knew he must’ve hit the wrong button. Again.

“Is it so important for you to know what the purpose is?” Minho asked quietly.

“Of course, Minho. your ex-boyfriend just asked you out. Of course you can’t help but wonder what was the reason behind it,” Miyoung shot back.

Minho chuckled but it came out as a snort which caused Miyoung to glare at him.

“No, I mean, I have my reason, of course,” Minho was quick to say and Miyoung turned her head back towards the lake. Suddenly, ducks are very interesting creatures on earth.

“I just thought I’d bring you out and make amends,” Minho softly added.

“Why? We broke up mutually,” now it was Miyoung’s turned to frown.

“I know. I just thought, it’s never too late to make amends,” Minho smiled. Miyoung looked at him suspiciously and drank her melted ice cream from the cup.

“Oh come on. we’re neighbors. I’m just trying to make things less awkward between us,” Minho continued.

“Yeah, this is not awkward at all,” Miyoung sarcastically said.

And maybe I wana get back to you. I duno. And realizing his thoughts, Minho laughed. this earned him another scandalous look from Miyoung.

“I really mean just that. Stop being all suspicious,” Minho knocked on her head once again. Miyoung relax a little and smiled.

 

They both decided to give that part of the conversation a rest and talked about something else as they continue to relax around the bench and watched more ducks on the lake.

 

“So, is it really true?” Minho asked at some point.

“What is?” Miyoung asked back. she was throwing pebbles into the lake to scare off ducks that were nearing their bay.

“you know, about you and Lee Jinki,” Minho trailed off. He looked from the corner of his eyes for Miyoung’s reaction.

“Oh,” was all she said and she sat back properly.  “But I thought I already answer this question,” Miyoung creased her forehead.

“I know but I’m just curious as to whether your answer would be different now that we’re in different situation,” Minho shrugged.

“What was my answer before?” Miyoung asked looking at him properly now.

“Well, you didn’t quite answer it. More like, you avoided it. Saying whatever. And then you said something about Jonghyun too” Minho explained earnestly and this made Miyoung laughed. she shoved him as he laughed along.

 

“So, it’s not true then?” Minho asked again as the laugh subsided. Miyoung let out a sigh.

“What is it to you if it’s true or not?” she asked.

“I just want to know the truth,” Minho shrugged again.

Miyoung looked at him not quite understand what he really wanted. If it made you jealous, just say it. Stop playing games, Minho. If you want me, just say it. Help me make up my mind. Are you the one?

 

She contemplated with her answer. Yes, means Jinki would die. Killed by your brother. No, means Jinki would die. Killed by you.

After much sighing and eyebrow rising on Minho’s part, you made your mind.

 

“ No,” she shook her head. Partly to stop herself from shedding a tear. “I’m not dating Lee Jinki”.

 

How could you, Miyoung? How could you?

))))

 


 

there ya go, second part of Took a Chance.

I kept confusing Miyoung character with another character in my head (I overthink sometimes, so I guess that's why :S), so sorry now and in advance if you detact any confusion in Miyoung character. lol.

but i guess it's ok, right, since Miyoung should be all confuse too being unable to decide between Minho and Jinki. hehe

Let me know what you think. and Enjoy. xD~