What now?

Listen to Me

Chapter 17: What Now?

 

True to her words, Miyoung did not go on a date with Jinki or ‘hung out’ with Minho until the end of her finals.

 

“I’m free!!” Miyoung declared as she got home after her final paper. Jonghyun was right behind her, trying to smack the back of her head.

“Keep it down, will you?” Jonghyun laughed as Miyoung stumbled to avoid his smack.

“well, how was the paper?”

 

Jonghyun and Miyoung stopped their blundering when they heard their mother’s voice from the kitchen door.

“it was ok. Not working today?” Miyoung went and gave her mother a hug.

“oh. I’m leaving. I just finished dinner for you and made extra for Jongie,” Mrs. Kim went on to punch playfully on Jonghyun’s arm.

“Thanks, mom,” Jonghyun laughed and made his way to the stove where the food was still in the pot.

 

Mrs. Kim got herself ready for work after that and before she left, she said to Miyoung, “that Minho boy grown so handsome, hasn’t he?”

“Mom! You can’t say that. You can’t,” Miyoung said in disgusted face.

“What? I was just saying. Now, be good to your brother. He’s in charge,” Mrs. Kim ruffled Miyoung’s hair as Jonghyun high fived with his mom.

“you hear that Mimi? I’m in charge,” Jonghyun hugged Miyoung by the shoulder and had her rolled her eyes.

“what are we? 5?” Miyoung growled but was ignored by Jonghyun shouting goodbye to Mrs. Kim who was getting in her car.

 

Miyoung waved one last time before nudging Jonghyun in the ribs and went into the house.

 

“What was that about mom calling Minho handsome?” Jonghyun closed the door behind him and joined Miyoung in the small island table in the kitchen.

Miyoung had started on her dinner.

“I don’t know her,” Miyoung continued to eat and Jonghyun helped himself too.

“So now that school is practically over, what you wana do?” Jonghyun asked as he sat next to Miyoung.

“Apply for college?” Miyoung answered, not really thinking.

“You’ll have a lot of time for that before next year,” Jonghyun waved his hand dismissively.

“Yeah, I know but an early start won’t hurt, will it?” Miyoung shrugged.

“You have a college in mind already?”

“Yeah, yours,”

“Why?” Jonghyun’s tone was that of disbelief.

“Just because?” Miyoung asked back.

The reason why Miyoung had Jonghyun’s college in mind was because Jinki was there too. She just thought it’d be nice to see Jinki every day.

“Why are you smiling?” Jonghyun asked startling Miyoung. She could feel the heat was rising up from her neck, to her ears then her cheeks; she didn’t even know she was smiling until Jonghyun stated it out.

“No, I wasn’t,” She said feigning innocent and stuff with food.

“Yes, you were. I saw you!” Jonghyun said accusingly, pointing at her with his spoon. “It’s Minho, isn’t it?”

“What? No,” Miyoung’s eyebrows knitted together in disbelieve as she laugh. “I had some-thing else in my mind” Miyoung was quick to correct herself from saying ‘someone else’.

 

Jonghyun continued to nag while Miyoung ignored him and quickly finish her food before heading upstairs to her room.

 

“We’re not done yet!” Miyoung heard Jonghyun shouted from the stairs.

 

))))


 

tada. my second update for tonight.

Hope you'll enjoy reading them and thank you again. like, manhi manhi kamsa! eheheh

 

 

arent they cute? the eldest two of SHINee are always the one who seems the youngest. LOL

 

all the pictures I got via Google Image Search. and all the GIFs are too but sometimes it's from FB/Twitter as well.