Moving on

Listen to Me

Hello there lovely people. How's your week so far? Ok?

Mine's ok. cant complain much. -.-

anyhoo..here's an update for you. ^^, and i think this is what they call a filler-chapter.

the best (I hope that it is the best) bit will be on the next chapter. which I'm currently still editting. in a lot of parts. (LOL!)

So, enjoy this one first. I hope I can post the other one soon. xD


 

Chapter 26: Moving On...

 

Miyoung almost fell sick again that night after that painful encounter with Jinki during the day.

Jonghyun bombarded her with questions as to why she left without telling him.

Miyoung’s only answer was that she was bored.

 

Jonghyun had a hunch; he saw Jinki left Soojin and thought of Miyoung straight away. Jonghyun’s first action was to look for Miyoung but he later found out that she already left. And guess who he found out that piece of information from? Jinki. So, Jonghyun knew Miyoung was lying to him. Somehow, Jinki had to be part of why she left the mall without telling Jonghyun.

 

“Did Jinki hurt you?” Jonghyun asked the next day, during breakfast.

“What?” Miyoung asked looking up from her plate. She didn’t quite get what Jonghyun meant by asking her that question.

“Jinki, did he hurt you?” Jonghyun asked again patiently.

“No,” Miyoung answered with a frown.

“but you will tell me if he did, right?” Jonghyun looked on.

“Yes, oppa. I will. Don’t worry,” Miyoung assured him.

 

But how was she supposed to tell Jonghyun that Jinki hurt her heart? How do you plan revenge over a broken heart?

 

))))

 

 

New semester started.

And for whatever reason, Miyoung did not see Jinki around; even when she purposely walk the hall ways he usually would walk thru. Hmm, weird.

STOP MIYOUNG. You need to stop. This is exactly what you wanted. Jinki-free hallway. Now you can learn to move on with your life.

 

Hyoyeon found out about what happened at the Mall few days later after persuading Miyoung to tell her what had happened.

So, Hyoyeon made a lot of effort to cheer her up while Miyoung just pretended to be less miserable when she did.

How do you cheer a broken heart?

 

“You know, you gotta stop being like this towards me. One day I might stop,” Hyoyeon said one afternoon when they were eating together in the cafeteria without Minho.

Miyoung smile a little.

Even though they had that little misunderstanding before, Hyoyeon was still Miyoung best of friends and Hyoyeon could still see right thru Miyoung’s tough front.

“I didn’t ask you to,” Miyoung said in a small voice.

Hyoyeon slammed both hands on the table and looked straight at the startled Miyoung.

“I don’t care if you didn’t ask me too but you’re my friend. How do you think I feel seeing you all depress like this-”

“I am not depressed,” Miyoung protested but silent by Hyoyeon when the latter raised her hand.

“I know maybe you’re hurting so much more than what you’re showing me but If you could just let me help you,” Hyoyeon said in a calmer voice.

“I’m fine. I’m just, let me be miserable for several more months. As a punishment, you know. It’s my fault after all,” Miyoung said.

Hyoyeon let out a heavy sigh, “Miyoung, everybody makes mistake. You gotta learn to forgive yourself and move on”.

“It’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just, what I did, it’s just, so bad. And it keeps on playing inside my head. Like, how I wish I could turn back time and not do it,” Miyoung pushed aside her lunch. She had lost appetite.

“Well, you have to forgive yourself at some point,” Hyoyeon said.

“Easier said than done,” Miyoung said with a broken smile.

Hyoyeon, who initially sitting opposite of Miyoung, stood up and sat beside Miyoung.

“I forgive you,” Hyoyeon timidly said. Then she slowly wrapped her arms around Miyoung, as a way of telling Miyoung that she really mean what she just said.

“I know. thank you,” Miyoung said, hugging Hyoyeon back.

“I don’t know if that helps but really I forgive you. So now you gotta forgive yourself too. Coz If I can, you can,” Hyoyeon continued to say.

“I’ll give it a try,” Miyoung said even when in her heart, she wasn’t really gona do it.

 

“Oh, what happened here?” suddenly came a voice from behind Miyoung.

 Both Miyoung and Hyoyeon went , ‘Argh’ and let go of each other.

“Must you ruin a moment?” Hyoyeon said as she moved back to her original seat opposite Miyoung.

Miyoung finally turned around to where the voice came from and saw Minho. He was giving that what-did-I-do face.

“Hi Choi,” Miyoung waved. She packed her staff and stood up, getting ready for her next class.

Before Miyoung walked off, Hyoyeon asked, “You wana walk home together?”

“Sure,” Miyoung simply said and waved both Hyoyeon and Minho goodbye.

 

Even if it was just a little, Miyoung was feeling positive. A warm hug can do that?

 

))))

 

 

Several more weeks passed.

 

“Hyonie, you’re being annoying. I have to finish this essay by Thursday,” and Thursday is in two days time Miyoung thought.

That Tuesday morning, the two; Hyoyeon and Miyoung were in the cafeteria of their school having lunch. Or it was more like Hyoyeon was having her lunch while Miyoung was typing away her essay on her laptop.

“Whaatt? I was only just asking you. We should hang out this Saturday. Just you and me. Girls day out,” Hyoyeon continued to nag.

 

Hyoyeon noticed how Miyoung had becoming less depressed and was more like her old self in these past few days; sarcasm, threatening words, boldness, and most of all, her confidence. Hyoyeon believed that Miyoung had finally forgiven herself and slowly letting go of the past a.k.a. Jinki. That was why Hyoyeon decided they should celebrate. Celebrate Miyoung’s moving on to the next phase of life.

 

“Ok, how about this; you ask me again on Friday. See how I feel then,” Miyoung looked up from her screen with both hands clapped together in front of her like in a praying manner. Miyoung begged for Hyoyeon to just let her be and finish that essay.

“Fine,” Hyoyeon exclaimed. She gathered all her things and stood from the table, “Thursday night. I’ll call you and you’re going to say yes to me,” She pointed at Miyoung threateningly before leaving her.

Miyoung just shook her head and returned to her essays.

 

As promised, Hyoyeon called on Friday night but instead of asking Miyoung whether she wanted to go out on Saturday, Hyoyeon was telling Miyoung where they would be going and what they should do.

All the time, Miyoung just smiled. It felt like the old time; Miyoung listened and Hyoyeon bossed her around. And sadly, Miyoung had to be reminded about the Minho-Jinki incident.

“Hyonie, I’m tired. I’ll see you tomorrow yeah?” Miyoung cut Hyoyeon off in the middle of her telling a story about a certain cute store at the Mall that they would be heading to tomorrow.

“You alright?” Hyoyeon asked, concern was in her voice. Hyoyeon thought she must’ve said something to trigger the sadness in Miyoung’s voice.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired. I’ll hang up now,” Miyoung replied. She waited for Hyoyeon to say her goodbye before finally hang up the phone.

 

She opened her phone again and went thru her photos. She found the one she was looking for and stared at it for a long time.

It was a picture of Jinki.

He sent that picture to her as present for their tow monthsary. Jinki had just woken up when he took that picture; his messy bed hair still on, eyes squinting, and that toothy grin. He texted her saying, he remembered about the monthsary and thought he’d sent her a picture of him waking up. Miyoung replied him saying how weird he looked but sent him a picture of her as well as an echange. Miyoung wondered if he still kept that picture.

Feeling like she had brought herself to sadness, Miyoung shut her phone and made a positive mantra in her head.

 

There are children dying in Africa over AIDS and starvation. My problem is nothing compared to that, were the few things that she used to stop herself from willowing in self-pity.

 

But, Miyoung open her phone again and looked at the picture one last time. No matter how much she wanted to shut him down from her life, she could not help but still want him. She wanted him to comfort her like he used to when she was feeling down. She missed his warm embrace, his soothing voice and his kisses. She missed everything about him.

Miyoung blew a kiss to the phone screen and finally shut it down and put it on her side table. She turned her body around and fell asleep with tears still in her eyes.

 

))))


 

 

thank you so much for reading guys. Lot's of love. :D

and thank you to my new subscribers; blueorangefantasies and lovestillgoeson. Enjoy the story. xD

on another note:  SuperShow5 in Seoul just ended. and I'm following a Henry fanaccount on Twitter and they've been posting/retweeting fanaacounts non-stop. it was awesome. I feel like i was in the concert too. (but of course, it'd be a lot nicer if I was actually IN the concert :P) SUJU hwaiting!! xD