But Jinki was so nice

Listen to Me

Chapter 11: But Jinki was so nice

 

“HE WHAT?!” shrieked Hyoyeon from the other line. Miyoung had to pull the phone away from her ear.

“Yes, he did. But he didn’t actually say he wanted to go out with me again. He was just implying it which is kinda the same thing,” Miyoung said nonchalantly.

Miyoung was just telling Hyoyeon about what happened after she sent her off at the bus stop; how Minho was asking about Jinki and second chances.

“So, what are you going to do?”

“What do you want me to do? I have Jinki,”

“But Minho is still your first choice, is he not?”

Miyoung paused from what she was doing; picking her cuticles. She thought about First choice and then about choices.

“Nyeh. I don’t know. I kinda like how things are now. Jinki is a nice person and he made me feel special,” Miyoung concluded absent-mindedly.

“Ookk,” Hyoyeon didn’t seem satisfied with Miyoung’s answer. “This is boring. I’d thought I’d be seeing some drama out of you three but no. Miyoung had to be such a joy-killer”

“Shut up, Hyonnie! Besides, I’ve told you from the start, I don’t want to be playing this game of yours for the sake of someone else’s feelings,” Miyoung giggled as she heard a loud, dramatic sigh from the other line.

“Fine. But you should at least give Minho a second chance. Maybe he really changed,” Hyoyeon wouldn’t let it go.

“And two timing Jinki?” Miyoung finally shrieked. Hyoyeon might be her bestfriend but at the time like this, Miyoung could never agree to such thing.

“Hey, you only live once. You don’t wana miss a lil thing. Who knew Minho could actually be the one for you, you know,” Hyoyeon said matter-of-factly.

 

Miyoung thought about what Hyoyeon just said. True. Miyoung could give Minho a second chance and if things don’t work out the way she wanted, she still has Jinki. What Jinki doesn’t know, won’t kill him, right?

 

“You know what? I’ll think about it,” Miyoung said but in a voice that didn’t seems like hers. Her heart felt heavy as the words left . It was like hearing voices in your dream; the voice was so distinct but you could not make out the words or you could hear the words but could not make out the meaning.

 

“That’s my girl!” Hyoyeon victoriously said. “Are you going to call Minho or something?”

“No, I’ll just wait until he properly asks me out. Then I shall give him that second chance that he seeks for,” Miyoung decided it was best not to throw herself at Minho.

 

Deep down, she wanted to see how far Minho would be willing to go to be with Miyoung again.
))))

 

That night, Miyoung tossed and turned in her bed. She felt weird and uneasy thinking about the idea of two timing Jinki. Why had she agreed to continue with Hyoyeon’s plan?

 

Miyoung startled when her phone buzzed on the night stand. She reached out for it and smiled wide when she saw the person who made it buzz. Jinki just texted her.

 

Hey, MingGoon.

 

Yah! I told you to stop calling me that. I’m your girlfriend.

 

I called you baby but you didn’t like that either. And stop being so rude. I’m you boyfriend.

 

Aren’t you getting ready for bed?

 

Are you avoiding the topic again? What should I call you then? Princess?

 

Ew. That’s so 8th  Grade or something. You’re not my dad.

 

There was a long wait for Jinki’s reply. Miyoung figured Jinki must’ve laughed his head off thinking those words were so funny.

 

That was a good laugh. I had tears in my eyes. See?

 

I like it better when you call my proper name. Just like when you like it when I call you Jinki.

 

Miyoung felt her cheeks getting warmer as she hit sent button.

Last week, they were hanging out at Jinki’s bookstore again.

They sat on a long couch facing each other, only their legs tangled between one another.

They had been talking about something and at one point, Jinki had pulled in closer to her and pecked her lips. Miyoung was startled. That was the first kiss they shared after their kiss in the park.

Miyoung asked him, barely audiable, “What was that for?”

“For saying my name,” Jinki breathed.

“Jinki?” Miyoung said, puzzled. Instead of receiving an answer, she felt his warm lips on hers again.

“Jinki,” Miyoung said again. Jinki cupped Miyoung’s face with his hands and kissed her once again. Longer this time. It was a deep kiss, seems kind of urgent but yet still so gentle. Miyoung felt like she was drowning.

As Jinki pulled away gently, Miyoung felt light headed. It took her seconds to gather her thoughts and when she finally came out of her daze, she looked at Jinki. his face was still so close and his thumbs were rubbing on either side of Miyoung’s inner jaws.

“So, all I need to do is called your name?” Miyoung said.

“Hmm,” Jinki nodded his head twice and Miyoung grinned. “It soothed me, somehow,” Jinki caress her face and kissed the top of her nose.

 

You deserved to be kissed right now. Was Jinki’s replied. Miyoung blushed. She could hear his soft voice saying those words.

 

I should go to bed. I have an early start tomorrow. Miyoung typed back out of embarrassment. She fanned herself with her hand. Her room had suddenly turned warm.

 

You’re embarrassed, aren’t you? Jinki texted back. Miyoung didn’t know what to text back.

 

Fine. I’ll stop teasing. You can sleep now. Sweet dreams, my MingGoon. Came his second message. Miyoung let out a giggle. Jinki joked and teased a lot but he knows when to stop. Miyoung liked that a lot about him.

 

Ok. You sleep well too, Jinki.

 

Just Jinki? No ‘Oppa’? No good night kiss?

 

Just go to sleep already!  Night.

 

Yah! I’m your boyfriend. Be respectful.

 

Merong.

 

Yah!

 

))))

 


Hi. I posted gain today.

Awesome!

I hope you will enjoy this post although it's short. hehe

I shall try to post the next one sometime next week. I WILL TRY.

thank you for keeping up with this story so far. thank you! I appreciate the love. ehehe