Jonghyun is a Good Oppa

Listen to Me

Chapter 15: Jonghyun is a Good Oppa.

 

Miyoung lived her life like that for a while; still dating in secret with Lee Jinki and hang out with Choi Minho behind Jinki’s back. In Jonghyun’s eyes however, Miyoung seemed to be getting back with Minho.

 

One late afternoon, Miyoung was busy studying at the dining table downstairs. Finals were drawing near and Miyoung was a little stress out, that was why she chose to study downstairs than in her room. It felt a little stuffy up there.

 

“Mimi,” Jonghyun called in a sing-a-song voice as he climbed down the stairs.

Miyoung looked up from writing down her notes, “What do you want?”

“Busy?” Jonghyun asked wiggling his eyebrows as he stood opposite from where Miyoung sat.

“What do you think?” annoyance in Miyoung voice was hard to ignore.

“I’m going to be a good brother and cook dinner for you,” Jonghyun proudly announced. Miyoung raised an eyebrow.

“what’s the catch?” Miyoung asked getting more and more suspicious.

“No catch. Can’t a brother be nice to his sister?” Jonghyun asked back, a little offended. He didn’t wait for an answer and just walked towards the kitchen.

 

Miyoung said ‘whatever’ soundlessly and went back to her work. “Where’s mom anyway?” She asked as she heard the tap water running.

“She had to get in early for her shift. She said something about short of staff or whatever,” said Jonghyun. Miyoung just nodded not really interested in the explanation.

 

The sun had began to set when Jonghyun finally done with his ‘dinner’. Miyoung gathered her stuff, put them to the side for awhile and helped Jonghyun setting up the table. Jonghyun then came out with a dish. He put them carefully on the table.

“Woah!” Miyoung exclaimed. It was that famous Jonghyun’s pizza, with very thick fillings. “Gomawo oppa! I will definitely eat them well,” she said as she sat herself down, hastily cut one big slice and put them on her plate.

“Yah, wash your hands first!” scolded Jonghyun taking Miyoung’s plate away.

“isn’t it too late for that? I already got the germ all over that piece,” Miyoung retorted back but reluctantly stood up and into the kitchen to wash her hands.

 

Miyoung was on her second slice when Jonghyun began to ask her about Minho.

“I knew there was a catch,” Miyoung said with full. She laid the pizza back down and calmly chewed the one in .

“I know it’s your life and everything but do you really wana go back with him?” Jonghyun’s tone was calm too. Normal, when he asked, she would just give him a very short answer and they always ended up feeling anxious and nauseated towards each other. Miyoung decided that it was time to talk. Like, really talk.

“But we were just hanging out. You know, watched basketball games, you know. just that,” Miyoung said, shrugging a lot. She wasn’t really sure what they were doing either.

Sometimes, Minho would link his pinkies with hers but before Miyoung could register everything in, Minho would let go and acted like nothing happen.

Of course, Miyoung liked it especially he was the one who initiate that move but if it was possible, he made her even more confused. Does he want her or not?

 

“Yeah, that’s what you said last time,” Jonghyun his fingers while looking so solemn. Then he sighed. “You don’t know what you were like when you guys broke up” Jonghyun emphasized on the word ‘you guys’ indicating that he knew about the so called ‘mutual agreement’ between you and Minho.

“Dude, of course I do. I’m the one who suggested it. I was prepared to be boyfriend less,” Miyoung snorted.

“That was not how I see it,” Jonghyun said and looked at Miyoung. She looked away and took another bite from her pizza.

“you always see things differently,” she mumbled but Jonghyun caught on it.

“Yeah, how I wish I could just ignore it but I couldn’t, ok? So, for your own sake, please think about it,” Jonghyun continued to look at Miyoung but this time with pleading eyes.

“tsk. Arraseo. But just so you know, nothing is to be worried about, ok? We’re really just hanging out. And he kept telling me that all that was to make amend from the wrong doings he did to me in the past,” Miyoung said.

“What wrong doings?” Jonghyun shot a question.

 

Ah. That’s right. Jonghyun didn’t know about how the last Minho and Miyoung were together, it was mostly one sided kinda relationship; Miyoung put everything into it while Minho didn’t quite bother.

 

“just, he wasn’t a very good boyfriend back then,” Miyoung simply said but Jonghyun continued to stare. “Stop it!” Miyoung exclaimed as she threw him the paper towel.

 

“Really, Miyoung. I’m your older brother. Even if it’s something impossible like a heart break, I will try and protect you from it,” Jonghyun quietly said but there was a sternness in his voice that made Miyoung smiled and knew he meant every word.

“Thank you, oppa. But for now, let’s not worry so much about me and Minho, ok? I have finals in a few weeks. I’m not going to see anyone till it’s finished,” Miyoung chuchled as she quickly finished her pizza.

“You’re saying there’s someone else you’re seeing beside Minho?!” Jonghyun was bewildered and Miyoung paused for like a nano seconds before she put on an annoyed face.

 

“What do you take me for? Seeing two guys at the same time or something? Pfft,” Miyoung shoved down the last of her pizza and quickly took her plate and glass to the washer.

 

Miyoung felt a little blush creeping up her cheeks. That was what exactly she was doing for the last two months.

))))

 


I know. I'm such a slow folk. but TADA! an update.

and  A HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!! I hope you all had a good start. (mine was a bit blur and blank coz I spent new year's eve sleeping)

My new year's (or every other new years') resolution? to lose weight. (hahaha)

But really, let's just hope for another great year, with good health and bring on the good memories that'll be treasured. xD

Have a good day ahead and don't forget to leave a comment after you read this. eheh xP

 

and thank you for sticking by this story this far. REALLY THANK YOU!!

 

(i love Onew's attire here. he looked dashing! and the rest of SHINee too. except maybe, Minho's? what in the world was he thinkin??)