Introducing..Miyoung..

Listen to Me

Chapter 1: Introducing...Miyoung

 

 

Kim Miyoung waited for her brother to pick her up at the school gate. She had been waiting since 3pm. Jonghyun promised to pick her up on time this time around but he was just as tardy as ever. An hour. That’s how long she’d been waiting.

It was not like she can’t took a bus and ride herself home but Mrs. Kim would feel so much better if both of them were to come home together. It eased Mrs. Kim mind and soul.

So, resisting the urge to jump on a bus and go home, Miyoung wandered around a few corners and ended up inside a bookstore, owned by a Lee family. Miyoung loved books. This was the only shop in the area that she often ended up in. the owners were nice too.  If it’s not the mother or the father, their son, Jinki would be there helping them run the business every once in a while. Jinki was a college student and went to same college as Jonghyun.

 

The tiny of bells chimed as Miyoung pushed open the door and peeked inside. A smile broke onto her face as soon as she saw Lee Jinki behind the counter which was facing the door. Personally, Miyoung thought, Jinki was a dork. With that huge-rimmed glasses he puts on, that bunny front teeth, that dorky smart outfit. That serious look he puts on whenever he was concentrating on something. Dork.

In reality though, Jinki was far from being a dork. He was actually your average mcDreamy; tall, handsome, smart, killer smile, and doesn’t go around hitting on women like Jonghyun did.

 

“Hey, Ming. No Jonghyun yet?” Jinki greeted, lifting his head for a while to smile at Miyoung before returning back to whatever he was doing.

Hearing Jinki calling her ‘Ming’, Miyoung’s genuine smile turned into a scowl.

“It’s MIyoung, Jinki. MIyoung,” Miyoung put extra emphasize on the first syllable of her name.

“Ok, MINGyoung,” Jinki emphasized back with a wink making Miyoung scuffed.

 

She rolled her eyes before getting over the nearby shelves. She ran her fingers on the beautiful books’ spine. It soothed her in ways she can’t explain.

 

“Jinki, can I borrow this?” Miyoung pulled out a book and carried it to the counter.

“No,” Jinki simply replied, not looking up from his work.

“What do you mean, ‘no’?” Miyoung asked bending down to look what Jinki was doing. He was doing his monthly account report.

“Meaning, you need to return the one that you borrowed previously in order to borrow another one,” his tone was bored. Miyoung faked a cute smile and batted her eye-lids.

 

“You know I don’t harm books. It’d be perfectly fine with me-“

“-it’s a not matter of fine or not. It’s a matter of my books and I want you to return them and your bills are getting kinda scary,” his voice still in that tone. Miyoung tsk-ed.

We rent and sell books,” Miyoung was reading the words from the wooden plague on wall behind Jinki.

“Exactly,” Jinki finally put his books away and faced Miyoung. “So, you borrow and return those books AND pay the rental fees OR you buy them”

“I like them. I don’t want to give them back to you,” Miyoung pouted.

“Then that would be $389.67 all together including the overdue interest. I’ve already discounted them,” Jinki counted on the register and Miyoung gasped, dramatically loud.

“I don’t have that kind of money,” Miyoung said in a dark tone as she started stabbing random buttons on the register and made the amount disappear.

“hey hey! Do not abuse the register machine,” Jinki held her hands away from it and she just pulled her tongue out at him.

 

As Miyoung continued to annoy Jinki with stabbing more vigorously, they heard a sudden crash and chimes on the door.

 

Miyoung turned around and saw her brother stopped and bending over, panting, obviously from a run.

“You thought I was lost again, didn’t you?” Miyoung asked Jonghyun with a smirk. She saw another guy entering the shop and stood next to Jonghyun. Miyoung kept her composure.

 

“No, I was sure that I’m gonna find you here,” Jonghyun waved his hand dismissively as he greeted Jinki. Jinki responded back, raising his hand.

“You’re late. As always. You promised you’d be on time today,” Miyoung had her arms crossed.

 

She was not amused.

 

“Don’t blame me, blame Choi here,” Jonghyun stood up straight pointed at the guy beside him. Choi Minho, Jonghyun’s bestfriend. They both were in college together, so Jinki knew Minho too.

 

Minho smiled apologetically, “sorry, Miyoung. I asked Jonghyun to wait for me. I didn’t expect football practice was gona take long today,” Minho had his eyes on Miyoung and when their eyes met, Miyoung quickly looked away and turned back to the counter.

 

“Yeah whatever. Let’s just go. Jinki doesn’t want me to borrow his book anyway,” Miyoung slammed the book lightly on the counter, shooting glares at Jinki.

 

Jinki chuckled lightly and pushed the book back towards Miyoung. Miyoung grinned victoriously.

 

Jinki could never be too strict. Not with Miyoung anyway.

 

“Thank you, Jinki! I promise I’ll return them all in due course!” with that Miyoung put the book inside her bag and walked out the store, tagging Jonghyun with her.  Minho waved goodbye to Jinki and followed the Kims.

 

Jinki shook his head in disbelief and chuckled to himself.

All those hard façade she was putting on was not enough to cover the sweet, candy-like attitude of hers. At least, not to Jinki.

)))


forgive my English. it's only my second language. :S

but what do you think? xD

comment below, and let me know...constructive critisism is welcomed. ;)