We are never ever getting back Together?

Listen to Me

as promised, an update for tonight.

xD

enjoy!

 


 

Chapter 30: We are never ever getting back Together?

 

 

The atmosphere was different when they made their way back to the Lee’s bookstore. They were conversing more comfortably now, after that heart to heart session they had.

 

Jinki was ahead of Miyoung when they entered the bookstore, so what happened next was a blur.

All she remembered was screaming her lungs out when someone punched Jinki in the face and quickly attended him. There were a lot of commotion after that but Miyoung was to preoccupy with Jinki writhing and groaning on the ground.

 

“Jinki,” she tried to prey his hands away from his face to get a look at the damage and noticed blood coming out of his nose. “Blood, Jinki, you got blood”

 

Without thinking straight Miyoung stood up and faced the attacker, “What do you – ” and stopped mid sentence when she realized who it was; Kim. Jong. Hyun. “YAH!” she screamed. “What did you do that for?!”

 

She also noted that Minho was wrapping his arm around Jonghyun’s shoulder to hold him back while Hyoyeon stood nearby, hand on , too shocked to do anything. The last customer of the house ran out in a panic over the commotion.

 

“I told him to stay away. Didn’t he listen?” Jonghyun screamed. Minho tightened his grip.

 

“We were just talking,” Miyoung screamed back. She went back to where Jinki was and helped him up.

 

“Yes, Jonghyun. We were just talking,” Jinki said, covering his nose with the back of his hand and tilted his head to the back. Miyoung helped him sat down on one of the chairs and pulled out some tissues from counter.

 

“Did I ask you?!” Jonghyun groaned angrily and trying to release himself from Minho’s grip. But seeing the differences in their heights; Minho was taller than Jonghyun and could wrapped his arms tighter around the latter, Jonghyun was in the disadvantage.

 

“Jonghyun, calm down, ok?” Minho finally said in his deep voice.

 

“Let me go, let me punch him one more time, let. Me. Go!” Jonghyun was trying so hard to free himself but in vain. Instead, Minho pulled him backwards and sat him down on one of the chair. When Jonghyun tried to stand up, Minho pushed him back down.

 

“I said, calm down!” Minho was using his deepest of voice and Jonghyun stayed still but eyes still on Jinki.

 

“Now, let Jinki explains,” Minho said as he sat next to Jonghyun on another chair. Hyoyeon had made her way to sit behind the counter again.

 

“I just wanted to clear things up. That’s why I wanted to see her and talk to her,” Jinki said, his voice deep due to his bleeding nose. “I asked help from Hyoyeon and she asked help from Minho to keep you busy”

 

“Keep me busy my foot. He wanted me to watch him play football, that’s not occupying me at all,” Jonghyun said still glaring at Jinki.

 

“did she cried?” Jonghyun asked referring to Miyoung.

 

“Do I looked like I’ve been crying my heart out?” was Miyoung’s quick respond.

 

“I asked Jinki,” Jonghyun simply replied while he continued to glare at Jinki.

 

“No, she did not,” Jinki answered calmly.  “It was never my intention to make her cry. Nor that I want her to fall sick. I never wanted any of that,” Jinki was saying it rather nonchalantly, twirling the tissues into tube and then stuck-ing them up his nose. It made Miyoung felt like he didn’t mean it at all. “Dammit, Jonghyun. You hit me hard, what the hell,” Jinki continued to rub his temple to ease some pain.

 

“Good. My aim is right. You hurt my sister,” Jonghyun said standing up. Minho stood up to, just in case Jonghyun ran and attacked Jinki again.

 

“I’ve settled things with her. I’m fine, she’s fine. We’re fine, are we not?” Jinki was looking at Miyoung for confirmation. Miyoung smiled and just nodded. “See? I don’t need to explain myself to you, Jonghyun”

 

“I’m her brother. I saw her when she was at her lowest. You don’t just do nothing when someone you love was like that,” Jonghyun had come closer to where Jinki was. Minho followed him and Miyoung stood up too. Jonghyun was pointing his finger at Jinki and he was almost bursting into tears. “Your explanation is relevant to me,” Jonghyun continued to say.

 

“Oppa,” Miyoung put her hand on Jonghyun’s arm, “Please”

 

“Let’s go, Miyoung,” with that Jonghyun left the bookstore and waited for Miyoung outside.

 

Miyoung looked at Jinki, then Minho and Hyoyeon.

 

“Just go. We’ll take care of Jinki,” Hyoyeon said softly. She was in the verge of tears too.

 

Miyoung turned towards Jinki, “Will you be ok?”

 

“I’ve been hit worst. Just go. I’ll call you tonight?”

 

Miyoung smiled and nodded her head before saying her goodbyes and left with Jonghyun.

 

))))

 

 

“That was uncalled for. I can handle it,” Miyoung sternly said.

 

She was a head of Jonghyun the whole time, too angry to even look at him. So, when they arrived home, as Miyoung was putting a foot on the first step of the stairs, she turned around and burst the silent bubble they were in.

Jonghyun looked at her just as stern. How can this girl be so stubborn?

“Well, I’m sorry for being overprotective. You didn’t look like you can handle it the last few months,” Jonghyun said.

“That was before. I am fine now. You can’t punch people like that. I’ll make sure mom knows about this. That really was uncalled for. We were just talking,” Miyoung exasperatedly added.

“What’s this all about?” both Miyoung and Jonghyun turned up the stairs and saw Mrs. Kim there.

“Mom,” the both cried in unison. “What are you doing here?” the both asked almost at the same time. Mrs. Kim was supposed to be working tonight.

“I live here,” Mrs. Kim responded with a raised eyebrow. “Now, what’s going on? What’s with all the shouting?”

“We weren’t shouting,” Miyoung said quietly, now leaning on the banister, shifting her leg from one to the other, not looking at either Jonghyun or her mom.

“Well, you weren’t actually whispering. Jonghyun?” Mrs. Kim attention turned to Jonghyun.

“We were just talking, mom. She met that Jinki again,” Jonghyun finally said, tatter tailing-like.

“He punched him in the face! There was blood!” Miyoung retorted back.

“What?!” Mrs. Kim, obviously shocked. “Kim Jonghyun!”

 

And the siblings began to shout at each other again, both defending their own cases while Mrs. Kim voiced out her disapproval of Jonghyun’s action.

 

Finally, Mrs. Kim couldn’t take it anymore, seeing neither of her kids responded to her and screamed, “STOP!”

Both Miyoung and Jonghyun stopped shouting at each other and looked at Mrs. Kim again, who had stepped down the stairs and stood between them.

“In the living room, now!” Mrs. Kim ordered and neither dared to protest.

 

Once there, Miyoung took the seat on the single couch while Mrs. Kim and Jonghyun sat on the long couch in front of the TV.

“Now, let’s start again. What happened?” Mrs. Kim asked again, more calmly.

Miyoung glared at Jonghyun and he was doing the same. No one wanted to start first.

“Ok. Then I start,” Mrs. Kim tried again, “Why did you punch Jinki?” she asked to Jonghyun with a look of disbelief.

“I was just protecting your Miyoung,” He answered defensively while pointing at Miyoung.

“I don’t need that kind of protection,” Miyoung responded back while crossing her hands on her chest.

“Protecting her from what?” Mrs. Kim shrieked. “I thought I made it clear that there will be no violence - ”

“ - But mom, you know how she was before right? With what happened with that Jinki? I told him not to bother her anymore but would he listen? NO. He had to see her today,” Jonghyun mockingly said.

“But we just talked. Clearing things up. That was all. The punching was uncalled for!” Miyoung explained and still strongly believe that the punch was unnecessary.

Suddenly Mrs. Kim smacked the back of Jonghyun’s head.

“Umma!” he cried, rubbing his head.

“What did I tell you about violence? Didn’t I tell you I would ground you if you did that?” Mrs. Kim was back being furious.

“It was an accident I swear!” Jonghyun said, cowarding away from Mrs. Kim.

“Accident my foot! You always wanted to do that!” Miyoung stood up, pointing at Jonghyun accusingly.

“Mimi, sit down. And you, I’m serious about grounding,” Mrs. Kim pointed at Jonghyun.

“You can’t ground me! I’m almost twenty!” Jonghyun strongly protested.

“You’re still in college, living in my house and given allowance by me. Go to your room,” Mrs. Kim pointed up the stairs and Miyoung almost snickers at the sight of Jonghyun; mouth a gap, eyes as big as a saucer, a total disbelief look on his face.

After seeing as Mrs. Kim wouldn’t change her mind, Jonghyun discontent stomped his way up the stairs.

“Now, Miyoung. Tell me what you and Jinki talked about,” Mrs. Kim asked kindly.

 

So, Miyoung elaborated her story.

When she finished, Mrs. Kim just nodded although not smiling.

“You have to understand you brother’s actions. He really was just protecting you,” Mrs. Kim said leaning back on her seat. Miyoung did the same.

“I know. I was guarding myself too. I was bracing myself before I met him today and it turned out, we really need to just talk. I didn’t even cry. There were tears but they weren’t major,” Miyoung shrugged. Mrs. Kim looked on and waited for some more but Miyoung had finished talking.

“So, what’s gonna happen now between you and Jinki?”

“I don’t know. He said he’ll call me tonight but I don’t know if I wanted him too,” she made a small smile. Miyoung wasn’t sure why she had that kind of feelings. Wasn’t this what she secretly wanted? Jinki back with her again?

“Well, you know I can’t make that decision for you. You have to make it on your own,”

“I know,” Miyoung simply nodded.

“How do you feel now after you finally talked to Jinki?” Mrs. Kim cautiously asked.

“Lighter. Like, I don’t have to avoid him anymore,” Miyoung answered.

 

And it was the truth.

 

))))

 


 

Comments are loved.

xD