Just a little too Late

Listen to Me

I am back again.

Yay me for making an update.

YAAYYYY.

I'm spazzing over SHINee's Dream Girl comeback. I JUST can't wait. anybody else?

anyhoo, enjoy the update people. ^_^V


 

Chapter 21: Just a little too Late

 

“You alright?” came Minho’s voice breaking Miyoung’s reveries.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m alright,” she answered him and smiled.

They continued to walk to their (Minho’s really) favorite black noodle restaurant. Miyoung had been thinkin a lot about what Jinki had said to her the previous night; about how she was lucky. Then she thought about Hyoyeon sudden outburst.

Miyoung was beginning to think that she was being greedy and that it was not fair for Jinki to be treated that way. As for Minho, the confession that Miyoung hoped for never came even though it seems like he was about to do it. So, what was with this constant ‘hang out’?

 

“Wow. You must have a lot on your mind,” Minho chuckled and it brought Miyoung back to reality.

“I’m so sorry,” she laughed covering her embarrassment. “What were you saying?”

“I said, what’s on your mind? School’s over, so it can’t be about school,” Minho shrugged.

“No, it’s not,” Miyoung shook her head. She tapped her fingers gently on the table, contemplating whether to ask Minho the question that she really wanted to hear the real answer to.

“Hey guys! The usual?” Katie (or the name on her name tag spelled K.T.) was beside their table ready to take their orders.

“Yeah, sure,” Minho said after Miyoung nodded her agreement.

“Alright. Coming right up,” and Katie left for their orders.

“Hey, Minho,” Miyoung started. She pulled her hands back to her lap and clamped them together out of nervousness.

“Yeah?” Minho sat up straight and looked at Miyoung.

“What are we doing?” Miyoung said, looking straight at him. “Because I don’t understand. I can’t seem to read you”

“what do you mean? We’re having lunch,” Minho chuckled at Miyoung’s silly question.

“I know. I mean, why are we always hanging out? Like I once said, you never seem to bother before,” Miyoung cautiously said. She clamped her hands so tight it turned red.

“Oh,” Minho breathed. He remained quiet for a little while. Miyoung stayed quiet too, still fidgeting with her hands.

After seems like eternity, Minho finally cleared his throat and looked at her. If Miyoung didn’t know any better, he seemed nervous. He cleared his throat one more time before hesitantly saying, “Maybe, I wanted to get back with you?”

She waited for her heart to beat fast, for the thousand butterflies to flutter in her stomach and for that tear of joy to escape her eyes.

Nothing.

Her heart was normal, there were no butterflies in her stomach (only grumbling, indicating that she was hungry) and she wasn’t crying.

Then something clicked in Miyoung’s mind that made her smile.

Unconciously, she brought her hand back up on the table. A sign of relief.

“Thank you,” she said. Minho had reached out to hold her hand and squeeze it tight.

“No, thank you for giving me the chance-“ Miyoung shook her head, indicating that Minho had got it all wrong. What she really meant to say was thank you for making up her mind in choosing Jinki over him. But before she even started saying what she really meant, they were all startled by a sudden crash on the restaurant door.

Miyoung turned her head to that direction and caught Jinki’s rushed body walked pass the window.

Realizing that Minho was still holding on to her hand, with a gasp she pulled it away and ran for the door.

 

She slinked her bag to her shoulder while she frantically looked for Jinki in the crowded street. She pushed pass everyone just so she would not lose sight of him.

“Jinki!” she shouted when she saw the back of his cap. “Jinki, wait”

But Jinki continued to walk on like he didn’t hear her and that made Miyoung broke into a run.

“Jinki, will you wait for a minute?” she finally caught on him as he turned a corner. She grabbed his arm and spun him around.

Jinki’s face was solemn. She never saw him with that expression before. “You have to let me explain,” she said. Jinki pulled his arm away a lil too rough.

“Explain why you didn’t want to see me today? Or why you weren’t in school returning your books? Or Explain why Minho was holding your hand?” his voice was too low and Miyoung got a little intimidated. This was nothing a kiss could calm down. Jinki was seriously mad.

“You have to let me explain!” she desperately said but Jinki shook his head and walked away, clearly fuming. “Lee Jinki!” she called him but he was getting further away and Miyoung was at a lost.

 

“What was that all about?” Minho had caught on her and was panting. “What just happened?”

Miyoung was too distraught to even explain everything to him.

She wanted so much to run after Jinki and tell him that only he could make her heart beats fast, the butterflies in her stomach flutters and only him could bring tears of joy to her eyes.

But as she watched Jinki disappeared in the distant, Miyoung realized how very too late she was. Jinki had caught her red handed and wouldn’t listen to her explanation.

Her worst fear came true; she had lost Jinki.

 

“Hey, tell me what’s wrong?” Minho was standing in front of her, wiping the tears away with his hand. She didn’t even realize she was crying.

 

“Just take me home,” she whispered, gently pushing Minho’s hand away and wipe her own tears with the sleeve of her jacket.

))))


is this consider short?

I think so too.

Let me post another chapter up.