You Make Me Smile

Listen to Me

Chapter 7: You Make Me Smile

 

Miyoung’s sleep was restless with bunch of dreams involving Jonghyun going mental about Jinki for texting Miyoung; one of them even involve a chase between Jonghyun and Jinki while Miyoung just stood there panicking for Jinki’s life.

She didn’t even need Jinki’s wake up call. She was too restless to go back to sleep and get ready to exit the house before nine telling her mom that she went to Hyoyeon.

Which she actually did.

She decided it was best if her and Jinki didn’t leave the house together and just meet up somewhere later. That was what exactly she texted Jinki. He agreed.

Miyoung took a bus to get to Hyoyeon, whom she had not tell yet that she was coming.

Miyoung was too scared about that text from Jonghyun last night (which she had not replied yet by the way) that she spontaneously made up this plan just to get away from him.

 

Miyoung rang the bell to Hyoyeon house. Mrs. Park answered the door, surprised.

“hi Mrs. Park? Is Hyoyeon awake yet?”

“hi. Come on in. you know how’s Hyoyeon’s like. Why don’t you go upstairs?”

 

Miyoung did what she was told and went upstairs to Hyoyeon’s room.

It was still dark when she let herself into Hyoyeon’s room.

Miyoung’s lips broke into this evil grin and before she could stop herself, she dropped her bag on to the floor and crashed land on top Hyoyeon who was still sleeping, laying on her front, on her bed, covert with pillows and blankets.

 

“WAKEY WAKEY HYONNIE!!”

“YAH GERROFFME!!” and Miyoung was pushed till she hit the floor. Laughing.

When the atmosphere had calm a little, Miyoung jumped back on to the bed and laid herself next to Hyoyeon. Her super single bed was getting kinda crampy.

 

“What are you doing here this early in the morning?” Hyoyeon’s tone was still laced with hatred. But Miyoung ignored it.

Instead of answering the question, Miyoung began telling Hyoyeon everything that had happened the night before up until that last message she sent for Jinki this morning.

 

“and you have not replied to that message?” Hyoyeon asked, referring to the text Jonghyun sent to Miyoung last night.

 

Miyoung simply shook her head and let out a worried sigh.

 

“since when are you afraid of Jonghyun?” by now, Hyoyeon’s voice had gone back to normal and replaced with concern.

 

“since that time he said he would punch Minho for me,” Miyoung quietly answered.

 

“He said that? When?” Hyoyeon asked, totally shocked. “But Minho is his bestfriend”

 

“Exactly. Imagine what he would do to Jinki,”

 

“yeah but Jinki is his friends too,” Hyoyeon’s pointed out. Miyoung looked at Hyoyeon and back to the ceiling again, letting out another sigh.

 

“maybe I should just tell Jinki to back off and let’s put this brilliant idea of yours to rest,” Miyoung said sitting up.

 

“oh come on. you’re not scared of Jonghyun,” Hyoyeon said matter-of-factly. “and it’s not like you’re going to tell him about it. Just go out with Jinki today. This plan must continue. You’re half way thru it”

 

“this is your plan. Why should I be involve?”

 

“like duh. It’s you who wants to know how Minho would react to this. You who wanted to know how Minho really feels about you,”

 

“So instead of not telling one person about this plan, now I’m supposed to not tell two people?”

 

Miyoung let out a heavy sigh and flopped back on the bed. She was confused. She REALLY wanted to know how Minho would react if he sees her with another guy but she was also scared of using Jinki for that selfish intention. Jinki’s a nice guy. I shouldn’t do this to him.

 

“You remember the times when you can easily make a decision?” Hyoyeon asked from beside her.

 

“Yeah,” Miyoung answered, eyes still fixed on the ceiling.

 

“Those were the good times,” Hyoyeon voice was distant. Like, she didn’t mean to say it out loud.

 

Miyoung’s heart skipped a beat. Yeah, what happened to that? Miyoung instantly understand what Hyoyeon was trying to say. Miyoung was the type who always knew of what she wants. Her decision may waiver at some point but in the end, she was always certain of the choices she made.

But this little scheme that they’re trying to do, Miyoung was just not so sure.

Maybe nothing bad would happen. Maybe things would turn out the way she wanted it to. Maybe she would hurt a lot of people. Maybe Minho would laugh at her face and thought that she was naïve for putting up such a scheme. Maybe Jinki would never forgive her if he found out.

Maybe she was just thinking too much.

 

“Maybe, you want to check your phone. It’s been buzzing like crazy,” Hyoyeon said as she rolled over with a pillow covering her head, trying to go back to sleep.

Miyoung frowned at Hyoyeon but sat up all the same to get to her bag and fished out her phone. When she flipped it open, true enough, she found that she had 3 missed calls and 2 unread messages.

 

All from Jinki.

 

Miyoung sat herself on the edge of the bed as she clicked open the first message and it read;

Just got out from you house. Jonghyun insisted to walk me to the bus stop. And he seems relief the moment the bus left with only me inside. Ahaha you brother is something.

 

MIyoung let out a sigh of worry but it was quickly replaced by soft giggled when she read the second message;

 

Did you sleep well?

 

To which she quickly replied;

 

Glad to know you are safe. And I slept well. You?

 

I barely had a wink. I told you, your brother is something.

 

Ahaha serve you right. You should stop texting me.

 

Not gonna happen. So, what time are we going to see each other later?

 

But you barely had a wink. You sure you still wana go out? You must be tired.

 

So, you do worry about me. xD let’s meet around 3? Or is that too long from now? Do you wana meet up earlier? I’m scared that you would miss me too much.

 

Ahahaha give it a rest, Jinki. I would meet you up later at 3.

 

*sad face* it’d be nice if you could just say ‘yes’ and we could just meet now. *sad face*

 

Ha ha ha you must be really tired. Go take a nap or something and we’ll see each other at 3. At a place of your choice.

 

Fine. I’ll just do what you want me to do. Do you eat chicken?

 

What kind of question is that?

 

You said at a place of my choice and I was thinking of bringing you to this awesome chicken food stall.

 

Still, what kind of question is that? Who doesn’t eat chicken??

 

I’ll take that as a yes. So, I’ll see you later. Don’t miss me too much, ok? Say ‘hi’ to Hyoyeon for me.

 

MIyoung decided not reply to that last message because she was worried that Jinki would continued to text her if she didn’t stop it first. He needs to rest. Poor thing, he must be worried that Jonghyun might strangle him during his sleep.

 

“I can feel you smiling,” came Hyoyeon’s muffled voice from under the pillow.

 

“I’m not smiling,” Miyoung really didn’t realize she was smiling until Hyoyeon mentioned it.

“and Jinki said ‘Hi’,”

 

But  Hyoyeon didn’t respond to that. Miyoung didn’t mind. She was too busy rereading the messages that were exchanged between her and Jinki. for some obvious reason, they made her smile.

 

Jinki made her smile without even trying.

 

Wait. But where is this chicken food stall you were talking about? Miyoung texted Jinki a few minutes later.

So much for wanting him to rest.

 

Ah. Thought you’d never asked.

 

Miyoung felt herself smiling this time around. She couldn’t stop herself.

 

))))

 


 

Annyeong yeoreobun.

How you guys been doing? xD

eheh I know it's been a long while but yay. today I finally decided to post this chapter up. (really, i need to stop contemplating.)

thank you so much to WisdomJade and KeYusMkaii for subscribing to my story. you made me smile! xD

to the rest, please leave a comment or two of what you think of the story so far.

Silent reader a encourage to leave a comment too and if posible, subscribe? kehkeh *shameless*

 

on another note,

don't SHINee have the busiest schedule?

from what i read, they have like 3 concerts in a row for every city that they're having the concert at. like, wow.

i would be so tired.

 

ahahah but thats just the lazy me xP

 

anyhoo...until next time. *waves* annyeong~

. . .