Healing?

Listen to Me

Chapter 24: Healing?

 

Miyoung resumed class the next day as per normal. She wasn’t all better but she could manage. She only had two classes today; one in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

Normally, after the morning class, Miyoung usually spent her time in the library before the next class began but after what happened yesterday, she didn’t dare to set foot in there. Thus, she spent her time at the botany garden instead. There were a few benches provided and Miyoung picked the one farthest from passersby. Miyoung just sat there for awhile and stared at nothing. She wanted to think about what she should do now that Jinki had moved on. Surely she should too. Really, what else was there to do? But she felt drain.

Maybe it was not the right time to think about moving on just yet. So, Miyoung let out one loud sigh and took out her notes.

As she was erasing the notes she wrote in pencil (to be replaced with colored pens), her phone beeped. Miyoung pulled it out from her pocket and saw that she just received a text from Hyoyeon. Miyoung slid open the lock on the screen to read it.

 

Minho was told by Jonghyun that you’re sick. Was all it said.

That was yesterday’s news. I’m fine now. Miyoung typed back.

I haven’t seen you today. Are you sure?

Of course I’m sure, Hyoyeon. Miyoung wanted to tell Hyoyeon that she was at the Botany Garden but decided not to soon after. She didn’t feel like interacting with anyone. Yet.

Are you in school? came another of Hyoyeon's text.

Yup.

You still have class for today?

Yes, Geography.

 

Miyoung scrolled thru their texts from the past couple of months. Everything seems surreal. One moment they were best of friends and the next, Miyoung had to ruin it. Miyoung put her phone back in her pocket and continued to read her notes but her mind was elsewhere.

Minho and her was good friend before but she had to ruin it by asking him to be her boyfriend.

Hyoyeon and her were the best of best friends until Miyoung had to be greedy and oblivious of Hyoyeon’s feelings.

Jinki was the perfect boyfriend anyone could ever ask for but Miyoung had to ruin it by cheating on him.

Miyoung just had to ruin everything, hadn’t she?

She was ashamed of herself.

 

Miyoung heard the beep from her phone but she didn’t bother checking it. She thought she was better off alone now. At least she won’t be hurting anyone anymore.

))))

 

The Kims were having dinner together for the very first time in a long while. Miyoung momentarily forgotten about her misery and enjoyed chatting with her mom. But her enjoyment short-lived when Mrs. Kim brought up topics about Minho and Hyoyeon.

“Don’t they look cute together? No wonder he was being close to you. He must’ve been trying to get to know her thru you,” Mrs. Kim said. Miyoung just forced a laugh and stuff with food so she didn’t have to say anything back.

“Where you heard all this?” Jonghyun asked noticing how Miyoung had grown quiet and stuffing with food in an alarming speed. Jonghyun understand that anything involving Minho, Hyoyeon and Jinki made Miyoung feel uncomfortable.

“Oh, I met with Mrs. Choi few days ago at the groceries and she told me about it,” Mrs. Kim so pleased with herself for getting the info straight from a right source. “Is my Miyoung ok with that? Did you regret for not making the first move on him?”

Miyoung chocked on her food and was offered a glass of water by Jonghyun. He roughly rubbed her back as she coughed.

“You ok, honey? Gosh, you should slow down. One food at a time,” Mrs. Kim was rubbing her back too.

“I think I’ll pass dessert. I have assignment to finish,” with that Miyoung brought her plate and glass to the sink and made her way to her room.

 

Miyoung was only thinking, how she regret making her move towards Minho.

))))

 

Around midnight, Miyoung decided that she needed a break from her assignment. She quietly stepped out of her room and made her way downstairs.

She switched on the kitchen’s light and almost jumped out of her skin. She caught side of Jonghyun sitting at the island table.

“What are you doing?” Miyoung whispered angrily out of shock.

“What do you mean-“” Jonghyun cleared his throat before her continued, “Why am I whispering?”

“Why are you sitting in the dark?” Miyoung also used her normal tone.

“I was in only thinking,” he said, taking a sip from his hot drink.

“About what?” She opened the fridge door and inspect the contain. She settled with a small carton of juice and took it out.

“What really happened at the library the other day? I was worried,” Jonghyun asked. Miyoung took a seat beside him.

Miyoung hesitated first but seeing as she had nothing to lose, she explained what happened to him.

“I saw Jinki. Fooling around. With that, SooJin. I don’t really know what I was thinking but I wanted to run. Just run,” Miyoung wrapped her hands around her juice.

“You felt sick the next day,” Jonghyun stated. Miyoung simply nodded.

“I think I was in utter shock,” Miyoung let out a small laugh. “Seeing him with another girl just shocked me”.

Miyoung’s smile turned upside down and she felt a tear threatening to fall.

“Was I this bad when I broke up with Minho?” She turned towards Jonghyun with a force smile.

“No,” Jonghyun shook his head and turned towards Miyoung too. “This is worst. You never felt sick over Minho”

“I thought so too. What do I do?” Miyoung asked turning her head away when that single tear fell of the brim of her eye.

Miyoung felt Jonghyun held her hand tight. Miyoung squeezed Jonghyun’s hand too in return.

She understood. No one could tell her what to do. She had to figure out what she should do next on her own.

))))


 

HEY everyone!! had a good weekend? I did! hehe when BBQ-ing with some old friends at the beach and I got sun burned. it hurts. -___-"

anyhoo, here's an update for you lovely people. Enjoy reading, and I thank you a lot! xD

 

until next time~

xD