Reconcile

Listen to Me

I don't know if this is bad but i'm too excited about finishing this story.

ahahah.

so, yes, double update for you all lovely people!

ENJOY!!


 

Chapter 29: Reconcile.

 

That talked with Mrs. Kim must’ve been the one thing that Miyoung needed all along. She no longer felt down or depress over what happened between her and Jinki. She was not over it but she really could handle it now.

 

Hyoyeon finally caught up with Miyoung on Tuesday during lunch break.

 

“Kim Miyoung! I’ve been looking all over for you yesterday. Where were you?” Hyoyeon said as she sat herself down next to Miyoung at the cafeteria.

 

“We went to the same History class. I was two seats behind you,” Miyoung said monotonously.

 

“You were? How come – never mind that. About Saturday, I’m so sorry. You didn’t even reply my texts,” Hyoyeon’s turned from enthusiastic to apologetic.

 

“It’s ok, don’t worry about it. and I’m sorry as well. I guess you needed to hear that too,” Miyoung said nodding her head.

“Hey, I said I forgive you, remember?”

“I know, but someone told me that it’s good to actually hear it,” Miyoung smiled as she remembered what her mom told her about Jinki’s actions.

“It’s ok. We’ve been friends for so long and the fight was silly anyway, so, yeah. It’s ok,” Hyoyeon said patting Miyoung’s shoulder.

Miyoung patted Hyoyeon’s hand that was on the shoulder too.

 

“So, what happened between you and Jinki on Saturday? Minho told me – Jonghyun told him – that he made you cry again,” Hyoyeon cautiously asked.

“Yeah, he did. But I’m fine now,” Miyoung dismissively said and continued to eat her sandwich.

“Minho said Jonghyun was a little bit furious,” Hyoyeon said quietly. Miyoung paused from taking a bite from her sandwich and looked at Hyoyeon.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you know your brother, right? He took this kind of thing seriously. Remember that time when he said he would punch Minho for you even though Minho’s his bestfriend?” Miyoung just nodded. She put her sandwich down on top of its wrapping. She had lost appetite. “Well, I think he’d do the same to Jinki too”

“Oh crap. This is bad,” Miyoung face-palmed herself. “I said to him to punch Jinki if ever that guy nag me again or something. I was just saying but Jonghyun would take that seriously”

“Jinki’s dead now. He’d better be careful,” Hyoyeon said said.

“But he’d be fine. As long as he didn’t come near me,” Miyoung shrugged. She picked up her sandwich again and resumed eating.

 

))))

 

 

A few weeks past.

 

“You busy today?” Hyoyeon asked Miyoung.

 

They were walking out of their History class together, ready to go home.

 

“Of course, I am. Got tons of assignments to finish,” Miyoung answered pulling her bag on to her shoulder. “Why?”

 

“Someone wants to see you,” Hyoyeon whispered to low it was almost mute.

 

“Who?” Miyoung asked with a frown. Then something clicked and Miyoung gave Hyoyeon the look.

 

Miyoung knew who Hyoyeon meant; Jinki.

 

“I think he’s for real this time. I already told Minho to keep Jonghyun occupied for a while so you should go and meet him,” Hyoyeon said, still whispering.

“Have you and Jinki been texting to each other?” Miyoung asked, amused.

“Duh. How else are we supposed to communicate? Besides, I didn’t think you’d be happy seeing me talking to you ex-boyfriend, do you?” Hyoyeon dropped her whispering tone.

“I supposed not but how do you think I feel now?”

“The point is, he wanted my help so guys could meet. What’s with Jonghyun lurking on every corner trying to find fault in Jinki’s,” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes on her last statement.

 

Miyoung knew what she meant. Completely.

 

They had stopped in front of their school gates. Miyoung hesitated. Miyoung knew she won’t cry anymore no matter what he planned on doing but that didn’t mean she should push her luck. One tear, and Jinki would be dead. In the hands of Jonghyun. Miyoung wouldn’t want that.

 

“I’ll accompany you. If you think it’s too much, then you can just walk away and I’ll be right there,” Hyoyeon continued to persuade her.

 

“You know Jonghyun would sense something and will force the truth from Minho, right?” Miyoung asked Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon nodded, “all the more reason for us to just give it ago now before he realize something’s up”

 

Miyoung clucked her tongue and she anxiously trying to make a decision. Miyoung wanted to trust Jinki. wanted to trust him not to hurt her any more than he should. She had done her part, apologizing and agonizing over it. Jinki should do his part to not hurt her anymore and just let go. they both should move on now.

 

“Where does he want to meet?”

 

))))

 

 

Miyoung stood there, rooted to the ground. She looked up at the board sign in front of that small bookstore of the Lee’s.

 

She hadn’t been there for a long time and to be coming back there again at such short notice, Miyoung felt nervous. She hadn’t prepared for this.

 

There were a lot of memories that this place would bring. Ones that Miyoung had tried to shut down. The chimes rang as Hyoyeon opened the door and burst of memories pop in front of Miyoung’s eyes; the littlest of gestures Jinki always showed her whenever she came, his big hands grabbing hers as he intertwined them together, the tiny little kisses he stole as he passed by when she was busy looking for a book, his eye-smiled, his toothy grin, his soft lips on hers –

 

“Mimi, come on,” Hyoyeon’s voice broke her from her reveries and she hesitantly made her way in.

 

The bell chimed again as it closed behind her. Hyoyeon was behind the counter. Talking. To Jinki.

He, of course, noticed her arrival and had been looking at her since.

 

“I’ll wait here. You guys can go talk. Wherever,” Hyoyeon said, pushing Jinki out from behind the counter.

 

Miyoung awkwardly looked away and biting her lips when Jinki made his way towards her.

 

“Hey,” he said as he stood before her.

 

Miyoung looked at him for while before replying ‘hey’ back to him. He wasn’t smiling but his face wasn’t stern either. He was probably just nervous.

 

“You wana take a walk?” Jinki said and Miyoung quickly nodded. The store had gotten warm and she was feeling stuffy. Taking a walk would mean air. She needed air.

 

They continued to just walk around the street. They hadn’t said a word. Miyoung pretended to be interested in everything, while she waited for Jinki to start.

 

But that was more than 10 minutes ago. I don’t have all day.

 

“Hyonie said you wanted to talk?” Miyoung started, breaking the awkward silence between them.

 

“Yes, I wanted to talk. To you,” Jinki responded rather too quickly. Like, he was panicking or something.

 

“Ok. What about?” Miyoung asked when Jinki didn’t continue.

 

Jinki stopped abruptly and Miyoung followed suit. They were in the middle of a busy street and Miyoung waited for Jinki to start talking.

 

“I knew you were wrong, and I knew you were sorry,” Jinki started. Miyoung moved closer to him so she could hear him better.

“You screaming you’re sorry are not what I wanted to hear either,” Jinki said looking straight into Miyoung’s eyes.

Miyoung looked away and let out a laugh, “not again”. She made to walk away but Jinki stopped her by pulling her arm gently.

“Jinki, I don’t know what you want. I’ve admitted my mistakes and even said I was sorry too. I really don’t know what more you want to hear from me,” Miyoung said, pulling her arm away.

“You really don’t know?” Jinki asked, almost pleading.

“If I do, I wouldn’t be asking, would I?” Miyoung asked back.

 

Jinki let out a sigh and continued to walk. Miyoung was taken aback. What is wrong with this guy? Why is it so hard to say what is it that you wanted?

 

Miyoung ran a little to catch up with him. “Jinki, we cannot move on if you don’t tell me what you wanted to hear. I can’t read you mind, you know,” Miyoung said.

 

Jinki stopped again and looked at her. Miyoung took a step back.

 

“When we were together, when we were finally boyfriend and girlfriend, was that for real? Or do you like, laugh out loud and made fun of my stupidity?”

“Jinki,” Miyoung was numb for a moment. He really thought she was just playing with his heart.

 

“That’s what I wanted to hear. Whether or not it was real. Coz I can’t get it out of my mind that you were just fooling around with me when I was pouring my heart out to you,” Jinki quietly said.

 

Miyoung’s heart shattered again but this time it was because she finally realized just how much Jinki was hurting. She wasn’t the only one.

 

People were passing by them, curious about what they were doing. But Miyoung didn’t care about them. All she cared about was getting things settled between her and Jinki.

 

“It was real,” Miyoung finally said. Jinki looked up from the ground and searched for something in Miyoung’s eyes. Searching for the lies she might tried to conceal. He found nothing.

 

“What I feel for you when we were together, was real,” Miyoung said. There was that lump in again. And her tears were making their ways to the brim.

 

“Then why? Why did you do it?” Jinki wasn’t gritting his teeth when he asked. He just really wanted to talk about this and Miyoung felt glad. She could handle this situation better.

 

“I told you. I was greedy,” Miyoung chuckled but seeing how Jinki didn’t respond to that and continued being serious, Miyoung cleared and continued, “I thought I still have feelings for Minho. He asked for a second chance when you and me started being an item. I gave him that chance. The plan was, if he asked me to be his girlfriend again, I would let you go”

 

“God,” Jinki was cursing some more under his breath. “Didn’t you think I would be broken over that break up?” he asked once he calmed down.

 

“I thought we were still in a trial. You know how I was reluctant to be with you at that time. I thought you would understand if I break up with you and be with Minho again,” Miyoung was becoming agitated now. Jinki might explode at some point during this conversation.

 

“But that day, when you ran off me, when you saw me with Minho, that was the day I realized, I don’t want to be with him anymore. That was the day I wanted to end the game I was playing and be with you only,” Miyoung let out a sigh of relief. She finally said what she wanted to say to him for a long time now.

 

“But you were holding his hand,” Jinki said. There was a little tinge of jealousy in his voice.

 

“I was just thanking him for wanting me back. It means nothing,” Miyoung explained.

 

“and that time at the mall, you said you were done chasing people who don’t want you. I want you, Mingyoung. It was you who chase me away,” Jinki said.

 

Miyoung smiled. How she missed the way he called her name.

 

“I’m so sorry,” she whispered as she looked down on the ground. Too embarrass to look at Jinki at that moment.

 

He was right. He poured his heart out at her and she spat on it.

 

“I’m sorry too. Minho said you’ve been crying an awful load,” Jinki said putting his hands in his jean’s pockets.

 

Miyoung suddenly raised her head up with a disbelief look on her face. Everybody’s been talking about her; first Hyoyeon and Jinki, now Jinki with Minho. who’s next?

 

“Yeah, I was. But I’m fine now. Besides, you don’t have to be sorry about it. I was to be blamed,” Miyoung said dismissively. Miyoung really did accepted the fact the she was the one to be blamed.

 

“You were sick too,” Jinki said in that gentle voice of his. “I wondered, if I mean so much to you for you to be sick like that, then why did you hurt me?”

 

“I told you – ”

 

“I know, I just had to ask that out loud,”

 

“are you and Soojin real?” Miyoung suddenly asked. She suddenly had the thought of that, that Soojin, when she recalled why she fell sick in the first place.

 

Jinki laughed. The first one she heard in a long while. It was like jingles to her ears.

 

“Yeah, it was real,” he finally said after he had done laughing. There were even tears in his eyes!

 

“Was?” Miyoung asked confused.

 

“Yeah, was. I broke up with her last week. Too much skinship,” he said and patted his lips with his forefingers when he said ‘skinship’.

 

“I thought you liked that kind of stuff,” Miyoung felt her skin heated up, from her neck to her ears then to her cheek. She just had a flash of memory back when they were doing a heated ‘skinship’ in his mother’s car.

 

“Not with her, I don’t,” Jinki said in a low voice. was he, like, seducing her or something?

 

Miyoung didn’t know how to respond to that and just nodded.

 

“I think we should get back,” Miyoung suggested. Jinki didn’t budge, “Unless there’s something else you wanted to clarify?” she asked.

 

“Do you actually like black noodles?” and that question had Miyoung burst out laughing.

 

“Did Hyonie tell you everything?!”

 

))))

 


Until next week my lovelies.

Your feedbacks are loved.