what?

Listen to Me

Chapter 3: What?

 

Few weeks later. End of School Year.

 

Miyoung didn’t bother to wait for Jonghyun at her school gate and made her way towards Jinki’s bookstore. She had brought along the books that she borrowed.

 

“Finally!” Jinki exclaimed as he saw Miyoung entering the shop with a huge bag. “You’re returning my books, right? Did you bring money?”

 

Miyoung rolled her eyes as she put the heavy bag on the counter. Jinki gave her that satisfied, eye-shutting smile.

“Mom said, since school is over, I should return these to you and she said she’s not gona give me extra money for the overdue fees. You’re not gona charge me anything, right?” Miyoung batted her eyes sweetly at Jinki as she took the books out, one by one.

Jinki’s face turned solemn. He took of the books and scanned the bar code. After the name of the book appeared on the computer screen, Jinki proceeded into examined the book’s physical. He nodded his head silently as he turned the book over and over again. Jinki continued to do that for each book. Miyoung leaned closer to the counter and watched as each name of the book appear on the computer screen as Jinki scanned their bar codes. She even helped Jinki with pressing Enter on the keyboard which cost a glare from Jinki.

“All books accounted for. That would be-“

“-but you promise you’re not gonna charge!” Miyoung whined while she had both her hands clasped together in front of her, as if begging for mercy.

“When?” Jinki asked bewildered.

“In my dreams. OH come on, Jinki! We’re bestfriend. Bestfriend don’t charge each other,” Miyoung slammed her hands on the counter.

“Bestfriend?” Jinki asked, his brows raised. Miyoung nodded comically.

 

Just then, the bells on the door chimed and Miyoung turned around to find her brother (and Minho) entering the shop.

“Jongie, can I have some money?” Miyoung immediately asked with sugar-coated voice.

Jonghyun halted mid-way and Minho accidentally bumped onto Jonghyun’s back.

“What the hell, man?” Minho shoved Jonghyun forward as Jonghyun continued to stare at his sister. Minho took a stand next to Jonghyun, looking at Miyoung after he waved hello to Jinki.

“Where’s your money?” Jonghyun asked, with his hands in his pockets, looking serious.

“Jinki is costing me fortune. I don’t wana pay him with my money,” Miyoung meant to sound bratty. She wanted Minho to see her as a cool person if she kept that attitude.

“what? And you want to pay him with MY money?” Jonghyun could not believe what he was hearing and scoffed.

“yup,” Miyoung nodded. She was already holding out her hand towards Jonghyun but before Jonghyun had started to give in, Minho had moved forward to the counter and was taking out his wallet.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun pushed pass Miyoung and darted towards Minho.

“It’s alright. I got this,” Minho said taking out some cash and giving it to Jinki.

Jinki who was seeing and hearing all the commotion, took the money slowly out of Minho’s grasp and slowly bringin it near the cash register. All the while maintaining eye contact with Miyoung who stood numb on her spot.

Jonghyun snatched the money from Jinki (“hey!” Jinki cried) and shoved the money back to moneyMinho. He quickly took out his money and gave it to Jinki. Jinki who seem scared of losing the money in his hand, quickly punched the amount on the register and put them in.

“Thank you. Nice doing business with you,” Jinki smiled and bowed dramatically.

“I said it’s alright,” Minho protested.

“It’s ok. She’s my sister, I’ll take care of her,” Jonghyun responded a lil seriously. For a while there, both Jonghyun and Minho looked at each other. Intensely.

 

Miyoung still stood there, feeling rather awkward with the situation. Miyoung wondered why would Minho do something like that; it’s either he was getting the tired of the bickering, he decided to pay for her just to stop the fighting OR he felt like it was his obligation to pay for something on her behalf, becoz he has feelings  for her. Only when boys have feelings for girls would they acted that way, right? Right?

 

Miyoung shook the thoughts away and gained her senses.

 

“THANK YOU SO MUCH KIM JONGHYUN. YOU’RE THE BEST BROTHER. EVER!” Miyoung said loudly with a huge grin. This made Minho and Jinki laughed.

 

Jonghyun still had his serious face on, turning Miyoung’s big grin into a sheepish smile.

 

“I love you?” she squeaked.

 

“Let’s just go home?” Jonghyun grabbed her by the arm and dragged her out of the store.

 

Minho looked as the two siblings left the store and turned back to Jinki.

 

“Hey, you wana join us tomorrow? We’re going to hang out or something,” Minho asked Jinki. “For Miyoung’s sake. You know, since exam over, end of school year,” Minho explained further as he saw the look on Jinki’s face.

 

“Sure. Why not,” Jinki laughed as Minho tried to explain himself.

 

“Cool, let’s meet at the city square,” Minho nodded at Jinki’s direction and raised his hand in farewell before making his way out of the shop.

))))


yay. an update. again, I know it's short but it's going somewhere..hehe will try and update again later on.

help me promote this story, yeah? *shamelessly asking xP*

and thank you for Mengrrr and shiningstarr for subscribing xD

thank you. thank you. thank you.

(have you seen this gif? or its video? ahaha Jongie can be so mean (with his expression) sometimes. or a lot of times. ahaha) )