Second Chance?

Listen to Me

Chapter 10: Second Chance?

 

Two weeks later, new school term started.

And neither Jinki nor Miyoung had the guts to tell Jonghyun that they were officially a couple.

 

They still met in secrets after school at Jinki’s parent’s bookstore. They did discuss about how to break the news to Jonghyun but always ended up disregarding it and said they would discuss about it another day.

 

But maybe ‘another day’ was drawing near…

 

A month into the school term.

 

Hyoyeon been very sulky since Miyoung arrived at school this morning. She tried asking what was wrong when they met at their lockers but Hyoyeon slammed her locker’s door shut and left.

During Math class, Miyoung kept glancing towards Hyoyeon’s direction. She had chosen to sit 3 seats away from Miyoung.

Miyoung wondered what happened. Or more correctly, what had Miyoung done to make Hyoyeon ignored her like this.

As far as Miyoung concerned, she had told Hyoyeon everything about her and Jinki. Even up to the part where both of them still hadn’t got the guts to tell Jonghyun about being an item.

Hmm, that couldn’t be it.

Miyoung took another glance at Hyoyeon and caught her looking back at her. Hyoyeon was clearly surprised and looked away abruptly.

Hyoyeon was trying her hardest not to look back at Miyoung and Miyoung sensed that.

Miyoung let out a small smile and knew she just had to force Hyoyeon into telling what was going on.

 

As soon as the bell rang indicating the end of class, Miyoung hurriedly gathered her stuff and when she hung her bag on her shoulder, Hyoyeon was already heading for the door. “Hyonnie!” she called but Hyoyeon ignored and continued to walk faster.

“Yah! Hyonnie! I’m talking to you. Yah!” Miyoung yelled again.

 

 

“Hyonnie,” Miyoung finally managed to grab Hyoyeon’s arm and made her turn around. “What was that?” Miyoung shrieked. “We promise if there’s anything we don’t agree about, we’ll talk about it. Why the hell are you avoiding me for?”

 

Hyoyeon face was torn between annoyance and guilt.

 

“What is it?” Miyoung urged, shaking Hyoyeon’s arm slightly.

 

After a few more paused, Hyoyeon burst. “Haish! Why the hell did I get involved in this?”

 

“Ne? what are you talking about?” Miyoung was confused. Then she lowered her voice and said, “Is it about Jinki and Minho?”

“Of course it’s about them,” Hyoyeon hissed angrily. “And your brother. That an of a brother of yours,” she added darkly.

Miyoung sighed out exasparetely and then decided that this was not some small issue that they had to talk over during class interval.

“Ok fine. I’ll cancel my date with Jinki and I’ll walk home with you today. Ok? We’ll talk more,” with that Hyoyeon pulled her arm away from Miyoung’s hand and hurried to the next class. Miyoung watched suspiciously at Hyoyeon’s back.

 

What did Jonghyun do?

))))

 

Their walk was silent and awkward.

“What is it Hyonnie? Did Jonghyun threaten you to spill the beans or what?”

“Yeah, kinda. He was suspicious about you and Jinki. He sensed something but couldn’t wrapped his hands around anything. So, he came for me. He figured I must’ve known something,” Hyoyeon began.

“Or everything,” Miyoung added. Her heart beat faster; from nervousness and fear.

 

“Did you tell him? About our initial plan? About me and Jinki now?” Miyoung asked, panicked.

“Of course not. What do you take me for? I’m your bestfriend. Not his. But he’s very determined, you know. and I’m scared that I might spill one of these days,”

“No, Hyonnie. You cannot. You have to keep this for me,” MIyoung was almost pleading.

“Then tell him, Miyoung. Just tell him the truth and put his suspicion to rest,” Hyoyeon pleaded.

“Put his suspicion to rest? Are you kidding me? Yes, he’s suspicion might rest but then after that he’d begin lecturing about what I’m doing is wrong yadda yadda yadda,” Miyoung ‘s hand was flying everywhere dismissively. Then she stopped.

Miyoung felt embarrassed all of the sudden. She was thinking about how what she did was wrong; her first intention with Jinki was that, she went out with him, get Minho to notice her and left Jinki once Minho wants her back.

But after being with Jinki, she didn’t want Minho to notice her because Jinki noticed her without Miyoung trying so hard to be noticed. Jinki made her feel loved.

Love was such a big word and that made Miyoung  a little embarrass.

“Yah, what are you thinking?” Hyoyeon shook Miyoung, worried at how she had stopped abruptly a second ago.

“Nothing,” Miyoung blushed looking away from Hyoyeon, trying to be nonchalant.

Hyoyeon smiled.

That’s right, Hyoyeon thought. Miyoung had finally realized how she didn’t need Minho anymore.

“Then tell Jonghyun the truth. What you did was wrong but it turned out you’re doing something right, right?” Hyoyeon asked carefully.

“tsk. Easy for you to say. This was your plan to begin with. How am I supposed to tell him that this was all a stupid scheme to get Minho back?” Miyoung.

“But that’s the thing. It started out that way and it was my plan but it’s not about that anymore. Things have changed,” Hyoyeon.

MIyoung let out a short sigh and looked at Hyoyeon, “If I told Jongyun the truth, things would be a lot easier”.

“Exactly. So, is Minho out of the window now?” Hyoyeon carefully asked.

 

 

“Why would I be out of the window?” came Minho’s voice from behind them.

They turned around at the same time and gapped at Minho. How long had he been there?

“Minho, when did you get here?” Miyoung croaked. She didn’t feel like she was speaking in her own usual voice.

Minho chuckled before answering, “I just got here. And I hear you said my name. What’s that all about?”

“Nothing,” was what both Miyoung and Hyoyeon immediate answer.

“Aren’t you walking home?” Minho asked Miyoung as Hyoyeon just stood rigid beside her.

“I am. I’m sending Hyoyeon off first,” She briefly explained.

“Oh,” was Minho short respond.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you walking home?” It was unlike Minho to stop by this bus stop. Then again, Miyoung had stopped obsessing over Minho’s daily schedule to know why.

“Oh. I only have one class today and finished early. I saw you guys walked out from your school and thought I’d keep a watch on you guys,” he explained, rather unconvincingly.

“Keep a watch?” Hyoyeon was suddenly back from her trance, “What are we? Dogs?”

“Now,now. Don’t take it the wrong way. I’m just helping Jonghyun. He seems worry about you,” Minho said the last sentence while looking worriedly over MIyoung. “You ok?”

 

Miyoung rolled her eyes and sigh. How can you be so thick? Miyoung was mentally cursing Minho. He’s not worried, he was suspicious and nosy and overprotecting.

 

“I’m fine-” Miyoung was cut short as the bus came. The door hissed open and Hyoyeon patted on Miyoung’s shoulder three times; she meant ‘Good Luck’, and then boarded the bus. Hyoyeon sat near the window and waved goodbye when the bus began to move.

“Shall we walk home together?” Minho awkwardly suggested.

“It’d be awkward if we don’t,” Miyoung laughed and led the way home.

 

As they walked together towards their house, Miyoung felt weird.

Normally, having this kind of alone time with Minho would make her tummy churned and her heart thumb at uncontrollable beat.

But now, nothing happened. Her tummy was not churning and her heartbeat was normal.

“What’s up with Jonghyun? He’s been worked up lately,” Minho started up a conversation.

“Yeah, he’s all worked up for nothing,” Miyoung replied.

“Why is that?”

“Well, he had this idea that I’m going out with Jinki or something. And he’s being strict about it,” was Miyoung’s brief answer.

“Is it because of me?” Minho asked quietly.

“What do you think?” Miyoung asked smiling big.

Minho laughed at Miyoung bluntness. “But are you?”

“Am I what?” Miyoung asked a little puzzled.

“are you dating Jinki in secret?” Minho eyed her from the corner of his eyes.

Miyoung managed to hold back her gasp and swallowed calmly. “It doesn’t matter. You know Jonghyun, once he made up his mind, nothing can change that”

“Yeah, you’re right about that,” Minho agreed nodding his head. “What about you? Would you be lenient? For a second chance?”

“Whaa..at?” Miyoung stuttered. Was Minho asking for a second chance from her? Her mind must be playing tricks on her.

“Haish. Nevermind,” Minho seemed nervous; scratching his head and all.

 

Miyoung freaked out a little.

This was how her plan was supposed to be like; went out with Jinki, get Minho attention and then after that maybe became a couple..with Minho?

But when she finally heard the words from Minho, she was not feeling it.

 

“Well,” Miyoung started; “I would be lenient but I won’t guarantee that Jonghyun would allow it” she finished of shrugging dismissively.

“So, you would, huh?” Minho said. Miyoung nodded silently.

 

))))

 


 

Hello all.

I know. I am such a bad author. How I know? I lost subcribers. :(

but no matter.

I'm posting now. yayyy~!

Sorry that it took me forever to post this chapter. hee..

Thank You to kpopqirl for subcribing to my story. xD it means alot. thank you!

I shall try and post the next chapter soon.

Thank You all for being patient and still waiting for any updates on this story. thank you thank you.

p/s: Have you seen Onew's Dazzling Girl picture? Those lips. *sigh dreamily*