this Mission is a Go

Listen to Me

annyeong yeoreobun....

I know it's been a while. and I'm sorry. I have no excuses to give. i guess i was just lazy. (hahah -___-)

So to make up for it, here's a pretty long chapter for you.

enjoy.


 

Chapter 7: this Mission is a Go

 

After having their meal, they continued to play around some more. Miyoung got to play on the Boomerang accompanied by Jinki (Hyoyeon pretended to have a sudden headache as they were nearing the ride).

They continued to play some more until the sunset and decided they had played enough to last them for a life time.

“No. I’m gonna come back next week and do all this all over again,” Miyoung retorted at Jonghyun’s remake sarcastically.

Jonghyun stared at his sister menacingly. Miyoung stuck her tongue out and hide behind Hyoyeon laughing.

“But really, this is fun,” Minho said as they walked towards the bus stop.

Miyoung looked up at him and agreed with him. It was a fun day indeed.

 

Jinki had made it that way, a voice inside Miyoung’s head said. Miyoung nodded to herself once again. It wasn’t all romantic or anything but Jinki did every little thing that she wished Minho would. (Like, buying her a cotton candy when she didn’t ask him to, taking selca with his phone on his request, and offering his hand when Miyoung was stepping out of any game.) it was not like Miyoung had a to-do-list or anything but as a girl, she had that mental note that girls often have when they are in a relationship; of what they want their boyfriend to do to/for them.

 

Jinki was a natural.

 

Maybe Hyoyeon was right. Maybe she should give Jinki a chance. Maybe then Minho would take notice just how right Jinki was treating her and maybe Minho would ask her to be his girlfriend this time around.

 

Miyoung obsent-mindedly took a sit next to the window of the bus while Hyoyeon sat next to her.

“must some thoughts. Wanna share?” Hyoyeon spoke.

Miyoung startled and, “what?”

“I was asking what you’re gonna do tomorrow,” Hyoyeon said dryly.

“You did?” Miyoung asked . Hyoyeon nodded not quite happy that she had been ignored. “ahah sorry. I don’t know what I wana do tomorrow, why?”

“I think you should ask Jinki out or something,” Hyoyeon wriggled her eyebrows.

Now it was Miyoung’s turned to roll her eyes, “Not again”

“oh come on. you know you want to. He was doing everything right today, did he not?” Hyoyeon continued to wriggle her eyebrows.

Miyoung looked at Hyoyeon, feeling annoyed. How could she read Miyoung’s mind?!

“all the more reason to show Minho how it supposed to be done,” Hyoyeon whispered in a sing-a-song tone.

Miyoung looked away, tsk-ing. Miyoung knew there was nothing in the world she wouldn’t do just to have Minho look her way but doing this at the cost of someone else’s feelings is enough to make her feel uneasy.

. . .

After Hyoyeon’s, the rest of them met their stop too. Jinki would have met his two stops after Hyoyeon’s but he was joining them instead.

“These boys are having a faceoff at war craft, I’m not gona miss a thing,” Jinki had stated.

“You boys with your games, are there no other things in your mind?” Miyoung asked, shaking her head in disbelief.

“of course there is. We have parties, football, girls-” Jonghyun started counting with his fingers but was cut short when Jinki interrupted him.

“-I only have a girl in mind” Jinki looked at Miyoung as he said that. Startled, Miyoung looked away, blushing.

Jonghyun and Minho looked at both Jinki and Miyoung, back and forth, expressionless.

))))

 

 

Past midnight and Miyoung was still wide awake on her bed, having a hard time sleeping.

She tossed and turned, puffed out her pillow but nothing seems to work.

She kept thinking whether or not she should go out with Jinki. She wanted so bad to see the reaction on Minho’s face. She just wanted to know if this method would really make Minho look her way.

Jinki.

He’s a very nice guy. and very handsome too, she thought. Minus the dorkiness.

Poor him if he find out that I was just using him to get to Minho.

But then again, he doesn’t have to know. When the time comes, we could all just pretend that it wasn’t meant to be and he wouldn’t have to feel cheated or whatnot.

 

Beep Beep

 

Miyoung frowned and looked at her side table where she put her phone at. Who could be texting her at this hour?

Too lazy to get up, Miyoung reached out her hand to her side and fished for her phone. When she had it, she flipped it open and saw a message from an unknown number. Her brows knitted together and even more so when the text only contain ‘hey’ but seconds later…

 

With a smirk, Miyoung texted back, “who’s phone are you using now, Hyoyeon-ah?”

 

As Miyoung clicked the send button, Miyoung recalled that one time when Hyoyeon was doing a prank on her using someone else’s phone. She thinks she so smart now? Muahaha

 

Hyoyeon? Was the replied.

Come off it. You think I wouldn’t know? Miyoung snorted. Stop the prank. Right. Now.

Cute. I’m not Hyoyeon.

And I’m not Miyoung. Miyoung rolled her eyes.

Really. I’m not Hyoyeon.

really I’m getting sleepy. Thanks to your constant nonsense.

You can’t sleep either?

What do you care?

It’s Jinki. of course I care.

 

The phone that Miyoung was holding aloft hit her straight to the face as soon as she read Jinki’s name.

Miyoung mutely groaned in pain. Rubbing her face to lessen the pain, Miyoung quickly retrieve her phone and made a mental note to scold it later. Right now, Miyoung just want to keep rereading that sentence.

Jinki had texted her first. He had made that first move she had been waiting from Minho.

Miyoung felt the flutter in her heart and it made her smile a little.

 

But then again. This could be Hyoyeon pretending to be Jinki.

 

Are you still awake? Came another text.

 

Ha ha ha. Very funny, Hyoyeon-ah. I’m gona sleep now. Good Night.

 

I’m going to call you and you’re going to pick up the phone. I’m going to prove to you that I am not Hyoyeon.

 

Miyoung’s heart beaten faster at that message. So what if it’s really Jinki?

 

~ring ring ring~

 

This ‘Hyoyeon’ is for real. And I’m not gona answer it.

 

~ring ring ring~

 

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

 

~ring ring ring~

 

yah! I’m trying to sleep!”  Miyoung shouted down the phone. And just as soon as she did, came a very manly chuckled on the other line.

“yeobeoseao?” Miyoung stuttered, sitting herself up.

 

“Didn’t I tell you?”

 

Miyoung knew it was Jinki on the other line. So, she sat there gaping, not sure of what to say .

 

“you still there?” he asked again. His voice was so calm and chocolaty. Miyoung’s racing heart was soothed for some reason just by listening to it. Why was her heart racing in the first place??

 

“Yeah. where are you? Isn’t Jonghyun around?” Miyoung whispered out the last sentence forgetting that even Jonghyun couldn’t hear her from inside her room.

 

“Jonghyun and Minho are both busy with their games. I’m no use being on their side so I went out and text you instead,” Jinki explained. Even thru his voice, Miyoung could see him smile.

 

“but where did you even get my number? I don’t remember giving my number to you,” Miyoung asked in that accusing tone. Jinki was a nice guy, but Miyoung would not tolerate people getting her phone number without her permission.

 

Jinki laughed. Miyoung rolled her eyes in annoyance before she could even stop herself.

 

“I’m sorry. I got it from that customer information you gave at our bookstore,” Jinki finally explained, like it was an ok thing.

 

“You stalker! That was private confidential stuff. How could you use it for personal gain?”

 

“I’m the owner of that private confidential stuff,”

 

“Still. You shouldn’t have used it like this,”

 

“You mean, I could’ve have just ask you instead?”

 

“No, I mean-”

 

 

Before Jinki could even said a word, came a distant voice from the other line. “what are you doing out here? Who are you talking to?” It sounded oddly like Jonghyun’s.

“I call you back,” was the last thing that Jinki said before he abruptly ended the call.

 

Miyoung pulled the phone away from her ears and looked at it for a moment.

Dead meat.

 

Jonghyun maybe cool and what not but Miyoung knew, after Minho, he might not be too cool about boys trying to do anything to her.

Wait.

It was not like Jinki was trying to do anything. He was just texting.

And calling.

Her.

In the dead of the night.

 

Miyoung hugged her phone to her chest hoping Jonghyun wouldn’t be too nosy and find out what Jinki had done. not that Jinki was doing anything wrong.

 

Stop worrying.

 

Unconciously, Miyoung was waiting for a text or a call from Jinki, just to prove that Jonghyun hadn’t figured anything out. Half an hour passed, finally feeling sleepy, Miyoung’s little phone beeped indicating that she had just received a message. She clumsily lifted her phone and read the text.

 

Jonghyun’s watching me like a hawk.Jinki had texted. Miyoung nodded understandingly.

It’s to be expected.

After Minho?

Yup. After Minho. is he still watching you?

Every. Single. Click.

Hahaha serve you right.

Thanks for the sympathy. -_-

Maybe we should stop. I’m kinda scared too.

Not before I get an answer from you.

An answer to what?

Do you wanna go out? Tomorrow? Just us two?

 

Miyoung’s thumb paused itself as she read the last message. He really is making the first move was all she could hear in her head.

 

Miyoung quickly let herself out from Jinki’s message window and open another; Hyoyeon’s. she quickyly texted her about what happened and asked her what she should do.

 

In a speed of lighting, Miyoung received a reply from Hyoyeon.

 

Say yes, you idiot. You’ve been texting with him?! Since when?! How come you never told me anything anymore?!

 

“what the hell am I doing now?” Miyoung answered aloud, feeling annoyed.

 

Thus, instead of replying to Hyoyeon’s text, Miyoung went back to Jinki’s text and replied, as coolly as she hoped to sound, ok. What time?

 

Great. let’s go out bright an early. So Jonghyun wouldn’t have to find out?

 

You’re kidding me right? It’s past midnight now. What time do you expect me to wake up?

 

So, sleep. I’ll wake you up later. xD

 

Miyoung scoffed at Jinki’s last message. Arraseo. You should sleep too.

 

Good Night.

 

Miyoung smiled. Minho seldom made the initiative to greet her ‘good night’ first. It was always her. So, to be receiving it first from Jinki, it made her smile. and made her even more confident to proceed with the plan.

 

Mission to get Minho to notice me, is a go.

 

Miyoung made to put her phone away when her phone beeped once more and she quickly pulled it back towards her. Her eyes widen when she saw that she had received a text from Jonghyun instead of Jinki.

 

It read, are you texting with Jinki right now?

 

))))

 


hope you enjoy that chapter. ;)

thank you to my new subscribers; mizice90, theclumsywitch and dububu. you made my day the day you decided to subcribe to my story. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

silent readers are encourage to leave a comment and subscribe.

and thank you all for reading this! xD

 

have you listened to SHINee's Sherlock yet? i bet you have. a hundred times over. hahaha isn't Dubu smexy? xD