Dark Days

Listen to Me

Hello everyone. Had a good weekend so far? I hope you do. ^_^Y

First off, I wanted to say I am SO SORRY for this late update. I was procrastinating again. -____-

SO, TADA! a lengthy post. hehe I hope this is long enough for you guys. ;)

What are you waiting for? Read on~


 

Chapter 23: Dark Days

 

Miyoung has started college. She went to the same one as Jonghyun, Minho and Jinki. Hyoyeon enrolled herself there too.

She had yet to speak with Jinki. Every time she went to his bookstore, he wasn’t there. Or he was there but left immediately every time she came. She wished she knew where he lived so that she could just go straight up and talk to him.

 

But that was three months ago. She had stopped trying to convince him to listen to her because she felt like she was back being that desperate-girl-chasing-over-a-guy girl again. She didn’t want to be pathetic anymore.

 

As for Hyoyeon, well turned out she actually liked Minho and the guy had developed genuine feelings for her too, so they had been an item almost as soon as Miyoung apologized to Hyoyeon. Miyoung told Hyoyeon about what happened that day and although Hyoyeon felt sorry for Miyoung, they hadn’t fell back into the best friend they once were.

Miyoung left everything to faith.

))))

 

One History class, Miyoung came in early. She was reviewing her previous notes when someone sat next to her. She turned her head to the side and saw Hyoyeon.

Miyoung was surprised. Usually, Hyoyeon would’ve picked the seat at the very back.

“You wana hang out tonight?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Erm,” Miyoung contemplated. It was not really because she didn’t want to but she hadn’t been to Hyoyeon’s house in a while and she still feel al little bit awkward around her. “I’ll think about it. I have my Geography report to finish,” Miyoung smiled apologetically.

“Ok. Just thought I initiate something, since, you know, you like those who made the first move,” there was a hint of mockery in Hyoyeon’s words that made Miyoung smiled.

“Thank you for the thoughts. But really, I’ll think about it,” Miyoung said and continued to flipped thru her notes.

“OK, then. Just text me, ok?” Hyoyeon patted on Miyoung’s shoulder and left for her usual seat at the back. Miyoung nodded in agreement.

Miyoung let out a tiny sigh when she was sure Hyoyeon wouldn’t be able to hear her.

In truth, Miyoung didn’t feel like hanging out with Hyoyeon. Beside the awkwardness, Miyoung pretty sure that Minho was gonna be there too. No, it was not because Miyoung used to have feelings for Minho. Rather, it was because seeing Minho would remind her of what she had done to Minho and that would eventually lead to what she had to Jinki as well; how she had hurt him, someone she really like a lot.

Miyoung felt a tear making its way to the brim of her eye. She quickly shook her head to get rid of her thoughts of Jinki and focus on her notes again.

 

To avoid anymore persuasion from Hyoyeon, Miyoung hid herself in the library. She planned on finishing her report at home but under such circumstances, she decided working in the library would be just as fine.

She picked the seat where the windows are far away and she was completely surrounded by books. That way, she could concentrate more on her report and maybe, just maybe, if she finished early, she might actually go and hang out with Hyoyeon.

 

An hour into her report, Miyoung was startled by sudden crash from the book shelf in front of her. It happened on the other side of it. Miyoung saw some shadows in between the gaps and with the giggling of a boy and a girl coming from that direction made Miyoung rolled her eyes. She grabbed her head phone from her bag and covered her ears with it. The giggling was not completely muffled but at least she could ignore it.

 

Not even a minute past, the giggling became louder and Miyoung’s patient became thinner. When Miyoung looked up from her book, she realized the couple had made their way to the end of the bookshelf, near to her table. Letting out one last sigh, Miyoung snapped her book shut, took off her headphone and shove them all into her bag.

“Oh sorry. Did we interrupt you?” came a very sickeningly sweet voice of the girl.

“Yes, you did,” Miyoung looked up ready to confront the owner of that sickening sweet voice. But as her eyes made contact with the girl, she also diverted her eyes to her companion; Jinki.

Miyoung’s heart skipped a beat. A lot of things were running thru her head. She wanted to run to him and hug him tight, saying her sorry. She wanted to shout to him, telling him the truth about what had happened. Above all, she wanted him to move towards her, embrace her and tell her that everything is going to be ok.

But Jinki just stood there with a serious expression and Miyoung was reminded of how he never wanted to see her.

As something bulky was forming in Miyoung’s throat, Miyoung quickly composed herself, gathered her stuffs and leave. She heard a very annoying ‘Thank you’ from the girl as she left. Miyoung wasn’t thinking straight to even retort back. She just made her way out of the library. She didn’t know where she was going. All she knows was that she wanted to get as far away from the library as possible.

))))

 

Miyoung felt sick the day after that incident. She must’ve been holding everything in for a very long time that when something shocking like the one in the library happened, she lost it. Suddenly she was weak. She didn’t have the strength to stay cool or to pretend like everything was going to be ok. Nothing was cool and nothing was going to be ok.

She had been crying all thru the previous night that when she woke the next morning, she felt sick.

When Mrs. Kim came in with a bowl of porridge, Miyoung obliged without much protest. Mrs. Kim made her eat some cold medicine and some painkillers before letting her sleep again.

 

Miyoung wasn’t asleep. She was just there, lying pathetically weak with her eyes looking up at her ceiling.

Today she decided to admit to herself that she was not ok. She had been trying to convince herself for the last couple of months that she was but the truth remain; she missed Jinki.

She missed his lame jokes, his laugh, his gentle words of comfort, and his gaze when he looked at her, his embrace, his everything.

How she wished she could turn back time and stop herself from being too greedy.

A tear fell from her eye and she didn’t bother wiping it away.

Another tear fell as she recalled how Jinki refused to look at her face every time she tried talking to him and another as she remembered his back walking further and further away from her.

The tears continue to fall as more memories filled her head. Every one of them were just too painful but she couldn’t erase them.

She finally closed her eyes and let her sobbing escaped.

For now, she would let herself to not be ok. She would let her heartbroken self to cry.

 

Knock, knock.

 

“Mimi, you awake?”

 

Miyoung was awoken by Jonghyun’s voice. She turned her head to the side and saw Jonghyun approaching her bed.

 

 “Mom said you’re sick,” Jonghyun sat on the edge of the bed and had his hand on her forehead.

 

Miyoung turned and had her back on Jonghyun. She wasn’t in the mood for his antiques.

 

“I was supposed to be in class till 4 today but seeing as you’re sick and mom won’t be home till dinner, I decided to be a good oppa and look after you instead,” Jonghyun said earnestly as he patted Miyoung’s arm. Miyoung replied with a weak nod.

 

“I saw you left the library in a hurry yesterday. And I saw Jinki soon after too. Did something happen? Did Jinki do something to you?” Now Jonghyun’s voice was stern and full of authority.

 

So he did run after me? Miyoung thought. She shook her head a little.

 

“Well, ok. But you will tell me if something’s wrong, right?” Jonghyun acquired.

 

Miyoung let out a faint sigh and nodded. She really appreciated what Jonghyun was trying to do but right now, she just wanted to rest.

 

Jonghyun understood her silence and left her to rest.

 

Miyoung drifted off to sleep out of tiredness and only woke up when Jonghyun brought her medicine.

 

The next time she opened her eyes, it was already dark outside. She felt her head was getting lighter and her fever had gone down a little. She forced herself out of bed and into her bathroom to clean.

 

When she had put on some fresh clothes, she slowly made her way downstairs. Miyoung could hear noises coming out from Jonghyun’s room but she didn’t bother to check because she assumed he just had some friends over to play video games like he often did.

 

She got into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She was hungry, but she didn’t feel like eating. So she put the glass on the sink and turned around to leave. She noticed a present in front of her that made her looked up. She gasped silently and had her hand over her heart in shock.

 

It was Jinki.

 

Miyoung had forgotten that Jinki was still friends with her brother and that Jinki might come by to their house to play video game together.

They stood there looking at each other for a while until Miyoung broke the staring contest and walked pass him to go back upstairs.

“Jonghyun said you were sick,” Jinki in a small voice. Miyoung stopped in her track. She wanted so much to just turn around and made things right but she was tired.

“I’m fine,” Miyoung said in a define voice. She didn’t know why she had to do that but she just felt like the need to tell him that she was fine and she was not breaking apart by his actions.

Without waiting any further, Miyoung quickly made her way to back to her room. Once she had locked the door, Miyoung was crying again.

 

Why are you so weak, Miyoung?

))))


:S I was feeling down myself when I wrote this. *tears*

hahah but I guess Miyoung deserved it, right? what comes around goes around says Justin Timberlake.

Ah well... Let's just hope for the best.

AND before I forgot again, I wana thank my new subbies; AlwaysAnElf, Sachia and hana_dt. THANK YOU GUYS!

Please continue to support this story, tell your friends to check this story out, spread the love people. kekeke

Love you. ^_^

 

Have you guys, seen Onew's mom (a.k.a. my future mother-in-law)? She's cute.

kekeke