Two down, One to go

Listen to Me

Chapter 22: Two down, One to go

 

On the ride bus home, Miyoung continued to sob her heart out and Minho was rendered speechless especially when people were looking at their direction weirdly. He didn’t know what had happened and he didn’t know how to console her.

When they arrived at their stop, Miyoung absent-mindedly got off the bus and made her way to the direction of her house. Minho followed right beside her.

“Really, Miyoung. Tell me what’s wrong? Why are you crying like this?” Minho cautiously asked. He had never seen her so upset before so he was caught off guard as to how to act around her in that situation.

Miyoung continued to stay silent except from her sobbing. Minho didn’t ask much more and just held her hand as a way to comfort her.

When they reached the Kims’ house, Miyoung slowly composed herself before facing Minho.

“Thank you, Minho. Thank you for wanting to get back with me,” Miyoung said, trying to control her sobbing.

“Hey, it’s ok. No need to be all worked up about it,” Minho said with a smile. He was rubbing the back of Miyoung’s hand with his thumb.

Miyoung let out a tiny laugh. She hadn’t got a chance to tell him that he got it all wrong. Everything was moving too fast and the least she could do was to stop Minho from getting the wrong idea.

“No, Minho,” like before, she gently pulled her hand away from his grasp. She put his hand to his side and patted it twice. “I meant thank you for making me realize that I am over you”

“Whaa-”

“I lied,” she turned her eyes away from Minho. “I was dating Lee Jinki,” with Jinki’s name left , her tears began to flow again.

“Was?” Minho asked confused.

“Yes, ‘was’. Look, Minho. I was dating Lee Jinki when you started to hang out with me again. I don’t know why you did it. Maybe you finally felt intimidated that someone else wanted to date me or whatever but since I thought that I still want you, I said yes. I thought what Jinki doesn’t know won’t hurt him. I was just trying to make a choice but I guess I went too far,” Miyoung explained briefly to Minho.

Minho was taken aback by what Miyoung just said. He felt defeated and most of all cheated. And by Miyoung. The one girl he never thought would do such a thing.

“I know what I did was wrong and disgusting but I thought if you decided to be with me, I would let go of Jinki and I don’t have to make this kind of explanation and vise versa. So, I’m sorry for doing this to you,”

“I’m sorry too, Miyoung. I didn’t know you would do such a thing though,” Minho had a serious expression on it made Miyoung cried some more.

“I was just being greedy. You talked about second chances and then asking me out, I just – I’m sorry,”

“So, I’m guessing Jinki knew?” Minho asked after a moment of silent.

“Jinki saw us,” she whispered as she remembered how Jinki looked like when she caught him.

“He did? When?” Minho asked looking around.

“At the restaurant. That’s why I ran off. He didn’t look – I’ve never seen him so – he was mad!” Miyoung cried.

“Oh. You weren’t crying because of me? Thank gawd. I mean,” Minho sounded relief that he won’t be killed by Jonghyun.

Miyoung caught what he meant and smacked him in the arm then pushed him away. “Go home, Minho or I’ll tell Jonghyun you made me cry,” Miyoung threatened.

“Yah,” Minho was serious again.

“Just go home ok? I’m feeling awkward right now. My face is probably a mess and my nose is getting too watery. I probably looked like a Walrus or something,” Miyoung tried to laugh it off but as glad as she was that she had settled things with Minho, she was still upset about Jinki.

Minho laugh subsided and he waved Miyoung good bye but after a few steps he turned back around, “hey, Miyoung. If you explain everything to Jinki, he’ll understand”.

Miyoung mastered a smile and nod. She was about to turn the door knob open when Jonghyun burst out.

“Thought I hear you came – are you crying?” Jonghyun didn’t wait for an answer and screamed Minho’s name.

“Hey stop. It’s not him. Just – Kim Jonghyun!” Miyoung screamed her brother’s name when he refused to be pulled back into their house.

“I told you I’m going to kill him if he did this again,” he growled but Miyoung rolled her eyes and pushed him, with all her might into their house.

She slammed the door shut and glared at Jonghyun. “And I told you it’s not him”

“Who was it then?”

Miyoung sighed and went into the living room. She sat on the couch and turned the TV on. Jonghyun was not satisfied with her respond, followed her and switch off the TV.

“Tell me who did this to you?”

After much contemplation, Miyoung decided to just tell Jonghyun the truth.

. . .

When she finished telling Jonghyun her story, Jonghyun took a deep breath and exhale.

“I don’t know how to put this but you know you’re to blame right?” Jonghyun leaned back on the sofa with his hands behind his hand in a force-calm manner.

“Why do you think I’m crying??” Miyoung cried. She wasn’t really crying anymore at that moment but after hearing what Jonghyun had just said, she felt like crying her heart out again. Nothing hurt most than to hear the truth especially from your brother.

“Well, as a brother, I am shocked. How could you, Miyoung? They’re both my friends,” Jonghyun continued to say. He was sitting up right now, looking all serious.

“I know. I didn’t mean for it to get this far. I mean, I only wanted to know how Minho really feels but turns out I should’ve just asked,” Miyoung shrugged, eyes down with her hands playing with the hems of her shirt.

“What are you going to do now?” Jonghyun asked which Miyoung answered with a shrug.

“Right. Let’s just give Jinki a break. Trying to force him to listen now would do no good. Let’s give some time to cool off,” Jonghyun suggested. Miyoung bobbed her head slowly.

Jonghyun knew this side of Miyoung too well. She was heartbroken. Even though she was to blame, Jonghyun loved his sister to bits to let her suffered too much. Jonghyun scooted closer to Miyoung and took bold of her hands.

“Hey, I promised I’ll protect you, remember?” he said softly. Miyoung looked up at him, finally gave in to the tears that were threatening to fall. She nodded.

“come here,” Jonghyun had tears in his eyes too. So he pulled Miyoung into a hug to hide his tears. “Everything’s gonna be ok”

 

Will it?

))))


tada. this should be enough for this week. hehe

I hope you enjoy the updates. I shall try and update again next week.

till then, have a good weekend everybody!! ^^,