Ottokae Part 1

Listen to Me

Chapter 8: Ottokae Part 1

 

A week had passed since Miyoung and Jinki first date.

And a week became a month.

Miyoung and Jinki had become so close and enjoyed each other company.

But nothing is official yet. And Miyoung preferred it that way.

 

She wanted it; to be Jinki’s girlfriend. She thought about it all the time when they were together but she couldn’t stop herself from thinking, ‘What if Minho finally come to his senses and ask me to be his girlfriend?’

Not that Minho had seen Miyoung and Jinki together.

Miyoung and Jinki had been going out several times more but secretly due to Jonghyun’s protectiveness. They mostly meet at Jinki’s book store and would hang out for hours there.

Thus, being bumped into Minho would be a fat chance.

Miyoung hoped Minho would come and visit the bookstore during her visit there but it never happened.

Strangely, Miyoung sometimes felt glad that Minho didn’t show up.

Miyoung figured that maybe because when she was with Jinki, she always felt ‘wanted’ and she didn’t have work hard for his attention. Everything seems so easy with Jinki; talking, laughing, joking, bickering. Everything. And Miyoung only wanted Jinki for herself because of that. She didn’t want others to disturb their time together.

This led her to the second train of thoughts; what does she really want?

 

To be Jinki’s girlfriend or to be Minho’s girlfriend?

))))

 

“Hi Mimi,” Jonghyun flopped down the sofa next to Miyoung, who was watching some extreme game show and people winning money from it.

Miyoung glared at Jonghyun for a sec (she never liked it when people gave her nicknames; Mimi, Ming, Yongie, etc) then finally decided to just ignore him.

“What are we watching?” Jonghyun asked oblivious to Miyoung’s glare.

“The stupidest, yet, very effective way to get money show,” Miyoung answered monotonously.

“Stupid and it got you hooked,” Jonghyun said. He was busy fiddling with his phone.

Miyoung let out an irritated sigh and switched the channel. She came across a show about a man who is able to tame and train wild animal at a certain amount of time.

“Mimi, cook something for me. I’m hungry,” Jonghyun said, not looking away from his phone.

 

Miyoung brows knitted together.

 

Miyoung tore her gaze away from the TV and looked side ways to her brother.

“Mummy put some left-over in the oven. Go and heat them up,” She said before standing up, switching off the TV and made her way to the stairs.

“I don’t know how to heat up the oven,” Jonghyun turned around on the sofa, looking at Miyoung’s retreating back with puppy eyes.

Miyoung stopped mid way to the stairs and tsk-ed. She turned around, gave a deadly glare at Jonghyun (which he returned with an annoyingly sweet smile) before giving up and went to the kitchen instead.

 

Jonghyun sat himself at the dining table as Miyoung prepared food in front of him.

“I feel like a king,” Jonghyun declared proudly with exaggerated hands gestures.

Miyoung knocked lighted on his forehead before sitting herself next to him.

“Thank you, Miyoung-ah. I’m going to eat well,” and ate well, he did.

 

“Have you seen Jinki lately? He didn’t really play football with us anymore. He’s always seems so busy these past few weeks,”

Miyoung choked herself on a piece of meat she stole from Jonghyun’s plate. No, not being obvious at all. No.

“Jinki?” she managed to choke out. “No,” she quickly answered.

She was still coughing after a few seconds. She was too shocked and scared that Jonghyun might’ve figured out about their secret meetings.

“Yah! Go drink some water. You’re spitting on my food,” Jonghyun scolded while covering his plate with his hand.

Miyoung didn’t need telling twice. She stood up, covered and went to get some water in from the water dispenser.

 

Miyoung gulped down the water in a rush whilst her hand was on her chest, trying to calm her racing heart.

If Jonghyun found out about their meetings, things could get ugly. Jinki could die, Miyoung cried dramatically in her head.

“Kim Miyoung. You ok?” Jonghyun called out.

“Yeah,” Miyoung answered a lil too quickly. She put the glass in the sink and joined her brother once again.

 

“What’s up with you?” Jonghyun looked at his sister suspiciously.

The thing about Jonghyun is that, he is like a dog. Like, really. He sensed fear and from that he could figure everything out like Sherlock Holmes would.

“Nothing,” Miyoung tried to be nonchalant but Jonghyun continued to stare.

“Something’s up,” Jonghyun responded, rubbing his chin with his fingers. “Come to think of it, when Jinki was not available for footie, you were always not around too. Are you guys seeing each other?” Jonghyun concluded in accusing tone.

“What the hell? Of course not,” Miyoung retorted back defensively.

“You know how I feel about you seeing my friends, right?” Jonghyun frustratingly put down his hands on the table. “Minho is enough. There are times when I have to retrain myself from hitting him in the face.  I don’t want the same thing with Jinki too”

“Oppa,” Miyoung started in a very quiet tone (She only ever called Jonghyun ‘Oppa’ when she was being sweet and trying to get out of trouble). “It’s nothing like Minho. I promise,” Miyoung quietly said.

“It’d better be,” with his last sigh, Jonghyun got up from the table and left Miyoung.

 

Miyoung let out a sigh of relief even though she knew this will only short lived.

She took out her phone and began texting Jinki to meet.

He replied seconds’ later saying they would meet at the park a few blocks away from Miyoung’s house.

 

Is everything ok? Came his second text when Miyoung didn’t respond to his last text.

 

I’ll let you know later Miyoung texted back before she got herself ready to leave the house.

))))

 


Hi Everyone.

I know I know. it's been a long time.

I've finally 'perfected' this chapter, stop myself from procrastinating, and posted it.

I'm sorry if I made you feel like wanting to unsubscribe. :S and please don't.

Thank You so much everyone for patiently waiting for an update. I know this is a short chapter. I'm going to post the next one in a short while.

Enjoy and please leave a comment or two. it'll made my day. xD

 

isn't he adorkable? *fake faint*